Best Computer Speakers

Hi all,

I am thinking of getting a new Computer speakers and was wondering what’s good out there. I would like to have at least Dolby Digital or equivalent and or Dolby Atmos. I know this may be a long shot but would like to hear from you. Any recommendations please is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

If you want Peace, be prepared to fight for it ! :pilotfly:

2.1 or 5.1? Personally, once you go 5.1 you can't go back.

Great PC speaker systems are very scarce unfortunately. Logitech or Creative are pretty much your only choices. I personally have the Logitech X-540 system which went out of production long ago. It's probably the best quality 5.1 sound system you can find for the price, and you don't even need 5.1 outputs because the 'Matrix' mode enables a virtual 5.1. If you can find a nice new set somewhere for a good price I would get it. The subwoofer on the Z506 system is a step down from the X-540 but the satellite's might be alright. The Z906 is the best you're gonna find but for a hefty price tag.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

2.1 or 5.1? Personally, once you go 5.1 you can't go back.

Great PC speaker systems are very scarce unfortunately. Logitech or Creative are pretty much your only choices. I personally have the Logitech X-540 system which went out of production long ago. It's probably the best quality 5.1 sound system you can find for the price, and you don't even need 5.1 outputs because the 'Matrix' mode enables a virtual 5.1. If you can find a nice new set somewhere for a good price I would get it. The subwoofer on the Z506 system is a step down from the X-540 but the satellite's might be alright. The Z906 is the best you're gonna find but for a hefty price tag.

Looking for 5.1

If you want Peace, be prepared to fight for it ! :pilotfly:

Gizmo,

Dolby/Atmos etc. is a function of the receiver and content that supports it. (or From a speaker standpoint, it doesn't matter. It matters in how many speakers you have to support the 5.1.2 or 7.1.2 etc. (5 is the traditional L, C, R, two surrounds. 1 Subwoofer, and 2 Ceiling speakers.

And it's really a budget consideration. And you'll need a nice soundcard. You can spend more than $600 just for two L/R speakers. Or $300 could get you the entire "5.1" setup.

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

My best sound were 2 x Infinity Kappa 8.1 left and right in front of me, a Yamaha MX-1000 CX-1000 Power & Pre-AMP setup and Go go go.... oh man, those were the days, single, no kids and gaming whenever I wanted as loud as I wanted.

Teufel out of Berlin has decent speakers for fair money, if you can buy them in your country.

http://www.teufel.de

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Hi all,

I am thinking of getting a new Computer speakers and was wondering what’s good out there. I would like to have at least Dolby Digital or equivalent and or Dolby Atmos. I know this may be a long shot but would like to hear from you. Any recommendations please is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Well if you want a good audio, when it comes to headphones or speakers dont go for computer hardware manufacturers like Logitech for instance.

Second, get a good sound card like Sound BlasterX AE-5 or ZXR.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I went through the same process and came to the conclusion that "computer speakers" weren't the solution. Run the signal through a digital-to-analog converter and an amp, and into "real speakers". Food for thought if nothing else.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01FD using Tapatalk

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

I run the Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 speaker system with sub for the PC, and absolutely love the sound it produces. Very deep bass and clear sound. I run it with a SoundBlaster Z card.

They used to have a good 5.1 system for the PC but apparently discontinued it, so I guess limited to 2.1 from them for the PC now.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

i have the Logitech Z906 alongside with a Asus Phobeus Rog and totally rocks for games and movies as well optical and analog

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Those are monitors, not speakers, they are completely different.

They are speakers. "Studio monitor" is a common jargon.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Those are monitors, not speakers, they are completely different.

A monitor-speaker is still a speaker. . . . and I prefer them significantly over any Hi-Fi or PC-speaker set due to (1) the linear fidelity -i..e no built in "smilie" curve (2) the ability to use multiple inputs and connector types (RCA, 6.35 Jack) (3) they are powered and have excelllent gain response, (4) they integrate better with a mixing desk and external sound cards than most PC speaker sets and (5) typically can be supported with custom stands and supports to get the off the desk freeing up desk space.

The downside is the cost...

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/