Kneeboard Builder (windows app) - Page 52 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-27-2016, 06:15 PM   #511
SageOT

Thanks Franky I will give it a try

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2016, 07:31 PM   #512
funkyfranky

Actually, I'm getting just the frame and everything else transparent, too, when I add for example the 'Dynamic Caucasus Beacons'. This seems to be for all aircrafts.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:58 PM   #513
Dutch Baron

Hi, thanks for the great app! Makes life a bit easier.

I do have issues dragging files in there, does not seem to work for me.
I can just click open file and go to folder fine, but not dragging it in there. Would be great to have that working.

Other question:

Is it possible to do specific files per coalition? How I have it now you see both coalitions and that makes it easier for the enemy to find stuff.
Our missions have same types of aircraft on both sides, so selecting a specific aircraft does not fix that for me.

Also, not all types of airplanes/choppers available in DCS seem to be in the list, is that something you can add in the future?

Thanks for the help.
Dutch Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 04:45 PM   #514
Pineapple Pete

Default Knee Board Conundrum

Hello Mr. Grizzly,
First, I think this is a great mod. Second, it would be better if I could get it work. Here is my progress so far.
Built a knee board for the P-51. It works. there is my check list and there is the modified Flight Manual. There is my Dynamic briefing pages.
Built a knee board for the M-2000C. No check list. No AFM. Just Dynamic briefing pages.
Built a knee board for the F-5E. No check list. No AFM. Just Dynamic briefing pages.
Built a knee board for the F-15. I created just a check list. It worked.
I have been careful to import only PDF files.
I started running the mod NOT as an administrator. Selecting options would shut down the program.
I switch to run as an adimin. Everything seemed to be working, so O proceeded to build the aforementioned knee boards.
Also, with the exception of the P-51 none of my AFM's appears to be modified when I look at the relevant file in the program.
I know that this is just a hobby for all of us so, please accept this post as constructive in nature.
I any solutions from you follow then so much the better.
Many thanks.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:09 PM   #515
uscstaylor

Hey Thanks man

http://www.vvma-231.com/

Spoiler:
Gigabyte Z-270X G7 Motherboard, Intel i7- 6700K @ 4.2 Ghz, Water Cooled | 2TB FireCuda Gaming SSHD l 32gb Cruicbal Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2400 Mhz l Gigayte GeForce GTX 1070 Xtreme video card | TM Warthog HOTAS+ Extension|T-Rudder Pedals Mk. III |Track IR5 Pro| Windows 10 64 bit
uscstaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 04:39 AM   #516
SilentSierra

After last update, I noticed my custom kneeboard checklists is not showing anymore. I tried to generate again, but still blank.
MOBO: Asus Z87-K CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K MEM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz VGA: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming SSD: SanDisk Plus 240GB MONITOR: Asus VS248H-P @1080p OS: Windows 10 Pro HOTAS: Saitek X-52 Pro WHEELS: Logitech G27 HT: TrackIR 5 SIMS: DCS World | Falcon BMS | Arma 3 | Assetto Corsa | FSX-SE
SilentSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:46 PM   #517
AlaskanGrizzly

Sorry for the long absence. With a long home remodel and what felt like an even longer visit from family I haven't had a chance over the last several months to focus on anything DCS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Baron View Post
I do have issues dragging files in there, does not seem to work for me.
I can just click open file and go to folder fine, but not dragging it in there. Would be great to have that working.
Don't run Kneeboard Builder as an administrator as that will disable that feature (its a Windows security issue that I can't seem to get around).

Quote:
Is it possible to do specific files per coalition? How I have it now you see both coalitions and that makes it easier for the enemy to find stuff.
Our missions have same types of aircraft on both sides, so selecting a specific aircraft does not fix that for me.
Specific files per coalition currently isn't supported by DCS.

Quote:
Also, not all types of airplanes/choppers available in DCS seem to be in the list, is that something you can add in the future?
The list is auto-generated based on the modules you have installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSierra View Post
After last update, I noticed my custom kneeboard checklists is not showing anymore. I tried to generate again, but still blank.
Not showing in DCS?
1) Close Kneeboard Builder and DCS
2) Delete or rename your '.../Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard' folder for the standard, beta or alpha installs
3) Rebuild your kneeboards with Kneeboard Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple Pete View Post
Hello Mr. Grizzly,
Built a knee board for the P-51. It works. there is my check list and there is the modified Flight Manual. There is my Dynamic briefing pages.
Built a knee board for the M-2000C. No check list. No AFM. Just Dynamic briefing pages.
Built a knee board for the F-5E. No check list. No AFM. Just Dynamic briefing pages.
Built a knee board for the F-15. I created just a check list. It worked.
Look in your '.../Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard' folder and make sure there is a folder with the name 'M-2000C' and see if your custom kneeboard images are in that folder. The folder must be named 'M-2000C', if it is not then rename it.

Rename the 'F-5E' folder to 'F-5E-3' and it should work. (Kneeboard Builder currently has a bug that is creating the F-5 folder with the wrong name)
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:29 AM   #518
Captain Orso

You might not receive this with great enthusiasm, but honestly, I cannot figure out how to use KB successfully. With more than 500 posts in this thread, it's a bit much to sort through to get this to work. It would really be great if you could put a good manual together.

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
VR ............. Oculus Rift CV1
Captain Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:59 AM   #519
AlaskanGrizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orso View Post
You might not receive this with great enthusiasm, but honestly, I cannot figure out how to use KB successfully. With more than 500 posts in this thread, it's a bit much to sort through to get this to work. It would really be great if you could put a good manual together.
You are absolutely right. I just need to get myself motivated and get it done.
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:35 PM   #520
Captain Orso

Hey, I'm sure this is a great product . I would know that it is, if I could figure out how to get it to do what I want .

If I'm having troubles, I'm sure others are too, and having a good, concise manual would probably make this into one of those main-stay parts of DCS, like JSGME .

Here's to you Grizzly .

How's that for motivation?

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"