Large FPS drops causes flash whenever pilots ejects

Wolf8312

Hey guys just reporting this bug. At first I thought it was the damage model, as indeed it was a few weeks ago, but I noticed although the game never seemed to get fps drops either when giving or taking damage, as before, I was still getting fps drops. Couldnt work out why until today and am pretty sure it happens whenever the pilot ejects from the plane. Hope devs can look into this as its not good for VR. Many thanks!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Should point out have tested it by shooting a plane out of the sky about 4 times in a row (using mission editor set up to test and replicate it), and these FPS drops only seem to happen when the game has loaded up, on the initial playthrough. Almost seems as if the initial eject animation has to be loaded the first time and so lags the game. This is pretty common in DCS I have found, whenever anything heavy needs to be loaded the game lags hard. Any ideas?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

• 2 weeks later...

This is related due those things are not preload. Why not consider by developers to implement pre-loading of those items? Maybe as a additional options for those who have a high end PC. This would prevent a lot of stutterings during air combat or mudmoving