Stand alone. Dcs world server

BlacleyCole

I think it’s time for a dedicated server app for dcs world I have several reasons to support this.

Disc space, cost/revenues,features etc

It would release the down load time and hard disc area if the map server was removed from the main package. Be easier to manage upgrades to it. And if it was separate you could charge for the server app either by one time purchase or by subscription service paid either monthly and or annually. That way theses turnaments that happen a couple of. Months each year would pay by the month with an option to preserver names and settings from year to year then the squads can start on a monthly bases and once it’s firm switch to an annual rate. Or the testers could pay a one time fee for a private access limited usage license. If they decide to change usage they can always switch to a subscription rate,. This pay to play. Allows the client access to the server app with all mods and maps for map use. Only. With the multiplayer server app being separate from the dcs world program you can split it off to a server team which main duties will to build the most stable server they can add in stable release features when it comes stable beta. May or may not be added depending on the feature I’m sure server admins would prefer a stable environment over the latest greatest open beta since it would give them less headaches pre release.

Revenue would be more since you would be getting income monthly out of three account types. Why would gamers pay for map server app one o more $50 maps three times a year the base map could still be free if you like to let. Admins work out the setup and configuration. The sups ription could allow. Multiple maps to run. At the same time if the admin likedbased on hardware. If I’m correct right now they are four maps currently, Caucasus, nttr, Normandy and Persian Gulf so most computers are at least quad core if not more and the main core could run the base app and directory setup or menu system then a map/mission for each additional core and the admin could run one mission on the Caucasus map for the freebie or the subscription with more than four cores could run each map with a single mission if it is a really intensive mission may require a core fore the base, a core for the map and a core or more for the ai operations. Think of a 12 core machine running three maps all but Normandy with two cores each running scripts wouldn’t that be an intensive battleground on land, in the air, on the sea etcwould allow for more open water mods as well as additional ca mods. All based off where the client logs in and requests their mission. Auto restarts when server is idle to prevent future memory leaks. Also everything from time of day season of year and option for random weather or clear and dry or anything in between could be selected.

One thing else if es. Wanted to they could rent out servers already setup as part of the pro subscription plan. Ed could through negotiations could supply the software first to their hosts at a discount so that the service with server could be $10 a month more or a $100 a year more than selling subscription to joe blog user for running on their own hardware.

Also make the server app runn on macOS’s, Linux, and windowsthe first two would be the same app with the macOS version having an automated installation loader.much like windows.

What do you think?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

For a minute I tought that a Server version had been released by ED, this should probably be placed on wishlists :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Honestly, terrible idea. In fact one of the worst I have seen on here

ED need to give us a dedicated server exe that allows use of all terrains without paying for them

ED could quite easy make it so you can ONLY host and not fly on such a set-up

No one in their right mind would pay just for a server exe, it is just insane

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Honestly, terrible idea. In fact one of the worst I have seen on here

ED need to give us a dedicated server exe that allows use of all terrains without paying for them

ED could quite easy make it so you can ONLY host and not fly on such a set-up

No one in their right mind would pay just for a server exe, it is just insane

^^ This.

Either ED go the route of releasing a dedicated server executable in the standard way (has all maps/units etc...), which is the traditional way to do it and results in the people running the server being responsible for the cost of hosting + keeping it running.

OR

ED do what EA did with Bad Company 2, and charge a sub to rent a dedicated server. ED don't need to publically release the dedicated exe to do this, but it does mean they need to partner with hosting companies and spend a bunch of time and cash making that infrastructure possible.

Personally, I prefer the former, as it gives server admins much more control.

As long as a dedicated server gets released I don't mind if it windows or linux-based. I would assume it would probably be windows based tho due to the code base, just a headless client more or less.

Example: Arma3 dedicated servers (including both the good and the bad with their linux based server which basically results in that you will run it on a windows server to save you some _serious_ head ache).

Paying for a dedicated server in any way (except for the actual physical server costs): absolutely not. not even maybe, in any form or shape.

The pure fact that we don't already have this AND server owners needs to pay for maps is just ... mind boggling to put it mildly :)

As a base multiplayer service like many other online games provide you for free ... yeeeaaah, I'd have to say yes to that question :)

I'm not even sure how you fit "everything" in there. What we are requesting is a server with minimal overhead and not a client we "hack" like we have now.

Although I don't currently play that many different games I can't think of one single title on top of my head that would make you pay for a server. Even games that you can't put up your own server for provides servers for you for "free" (included in the game cost or however one would like to look at it). If there are any that you need to pay for, feel free to tell me and I mean that in the purest sense.

Again, not sure how'd you fit "everything for nothing" in there but each to his/her own. It's not like we haven't paid anything for the title/titles? :)

ED has already been committed to providing a server version of the dcs engine. It also would likely be the easiest to just let tme do what they were planning with a free server exe.

They are building theit sales model around selling module, map, campaign DLC to each person that wants.

A major change would just delay stuff, just let them do what a majority of the community has asked for, then request new stuff or whatever.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

• 3 weeks later...

If they are doing any development regarding to this sphere then they are certainly quite hush-hush about it.

Dedicated server in 2018 is as mandatory as carrying a smart phone :D

This space is available for your advertisement

not really, Wags mentions it occasionally during Q&A sessions as it does come up frequently.

one of the hornet Q&A videos a couple months back he clarified that is still something they are working on and want to get completed. But he didn't really say much more, so for all we know there could be a team working 1 day a week on it, or 1 guy who works on it in his free time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

So you all want everything for nothing

No, we want an industry standard dedicated server. It's a utility, not the actual game. The players JOINING the server need to have the modules and so forth necessary to join it. The server itself is a neutral entity, a utility running a mission file. It shouldn't HAVE modules itself.

Paying for a dedicated server utility would also be ridiculous. It is an industry standard and should have come with the game when they first were coding multiplayer for it. It functions fundamentally the same as the server creation we have now... just minus the 100gb game and hundreds of dollars of modules.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

So you all want everything for nothing

No not everything, just a dedicated server exe that will allow hosters to run a server without any more costs

ED has already been committed to providing a server version of the dcs engine.

I am VERY committed to Marrying a Super model, doesn't mean I am likely to do that anytime soon though

No, we want an industry standard dedicated server. It's a utility, not the actual game. The players JOINING the server need to have the modules and so forth necessary to join it. The server itself is a neutral entity, a utility running a mission file. It shouldn't HAVE modules itself.

Paying for a dedicated server utility would also be ridiculous. It is an industry standard and should have come with the game when they first were coding multiplayer for it. It functions fundamentally the same as the server creation we have now... just minus the 100gb game and hundreds of dollars of modules.

+1 totally agree

Nearly every other sim/game that has MP has one and it does NOT cost any extra to host,

I could mention names but we are not allowed to

ED could quite easily gift server hosters accounts with the Terrain keys (and lock that account out of playing),

but they do not want to help out MP at all, it appears that they just do not care about MP,

which is very sad

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests