F-14B Beginners Guide

TomOnSteam

I have created a step by step guide, where the idea is to make the learning hands on. You and your buddy can load up the F-14 module together, and follow the corresponding guides either on your phones or second screen and have fun learning together :-)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1861644772

Edited by TomOnSteam

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

very nice work! thank you for the post.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone. It took quite a bit of time to make this, so I'm really happy to see that people are finding it useful!

I'm one of those weirdos that enjoys learning by doing - at least when it's a new concept or topic. Only after I get the hang of something do I like to dive into the text books. I guess it's a gamer's mindset perhaps. But that's why I make these :-)

I also figured it's a good gateway to get people hooked onto DCS. Especially with the RIO in the F-14, you don't need the whole 'HOTAS and Headtracker' kit a DCS pilot would require to get the most out of DCS. The RIO can happily do the job with a mouse and keyboard, so the typical non-simulator players can experience the joys of DCS this way.

Edited by TomOnSteam

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

• 1 month later...

what i like about your guide uis and your the only on to do it is radio communications it talk with ground. but why not ayc or equivalent? ie start up clearance or taxi clearance and so on

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.