[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign

New update: https://github.com/shdwp/dcs_liberation/releases (1.3 RC1)

Changelog:

* added new airports to PG (you now start at Kerman)

* ICLS

* TACAN for carrier and tankers

* option for cold start (check configuration menu)

* list radio frequencies and channels in the briefing

* minor balance and carrier ops improvements

"Commit" button doesn't work on PG on frontline CAP from kermin to shiraz, and in caucuses we did a CAP mission successfully, but then a frontline CAS mission that wouldn't take the briefing. All missions were all resaved in ME and we did the correct MP shutdown procedure for each mission.

Logs and debriefings attached.

debrief.rar

Hi and thanks a lot for your work on this mod, it's very promising !

I have a problem with two Ka50 missions :

- I start the quick one in the air at 300 kmh, instantly breaking my helicopter.

Quick mission file here :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yxU9ocQb_ncmn0UwbduFoT8M4K4F0IkI

- I start the normal one cold, I start my chopper, take off and the game crashes.

Normal mission file here :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I2WpanAaVRdCDqyjutiq_E5dSTviB8US

Hope this helps !

Thanks and keep going !

Minor update to the latest RC: https://github.com/shdwp/dcs_liberation/releases

Now, when error is occur in application, window will prompt with the logs and other information. You could then pass it on to me to help debug the potential issue.

Other than that this fixes heli spawning at 300km/h + some improvements.

Hi and thanks a lot for your work on this mod, it's very promising !

- I start the quick one in the air at 300 kmh, instantly breaking my helicopter.

Thanks, this one is fixed in the update.

- I start the normal one cold, I start my chopper, take off and the game crashes.

Does that happens every time you load the mission? If so I guess I need to check it out.

"Commit" button doesn't work on PG on frontline CAP from kermin to shiraz.

Liberation doesn't seem to be recognizing new debriefing files after updating to the latest RC

This build should prompt you with error window with debug info. Could you try again and pass me that info?

Hi, after some testing today i'm wondering is the tool compatible with windows ability to place the savegame folder on different drives? because my savegamefolder is on D: drive instead of C: and it seems to completely break the ability of the tool to generate missions

Hi, after some testing today i'm wondering is the tool compatible with windows ability to place the savegame folder on different drives? because my savegamefolder is on D: drive instead of C: and it seems to completely break the ability of the tool to generate missions

If your %UserProfile% points to correct location then it should work. If you did a fancy thing and moved only the "Saved Games" you can edit the "start.bat" and replace "%UserProfile%" with parent folder for "Saved Games".

I.e., if your DCS folder is "D:\Saved Games\DCS" your "start.bat" should look like this:

py.exe __init__.py "D:\"

Good morning,

This mission is beautiful, but there are two points that I did not understand:

1- In the first airport, even if I play the complete mission (not the quick one), with the harrier i spawn in air and not in parking. Is it normal or am I wrong?

2- Is it possible to start multiple missions at the same time? Is it possible to start missions with multiple assets at the same time (A / G and A / A for example)?

101^Squadrone Multiruolo Ariete 

by SimItaliaGames.com | WebSite FaceBook Forum Discord

Visit: AF Allied Forces

Joint Operations, Joint Communities

Un progetto per promuovere la collaborazione tra gruppi volo virtuali!

1- In the first airport, even if I play the complete mission (not the quick one), with the harrier i spawn in air and not in parking. Is it normal or am I wrong?

This is a workaround. Last time I've tried AI would always try to VSTOL, which obviously won't work with a full loadout.

2- Is it possible to start multiple missions at the same time? Is it possible to start missions with multiple assets at the same time (A / G and A / A for example)?

Multiple missions - no. I guess that does sound taunting, but this is not something that would be easy to implement.

Multiple assets - most of the current operations are strictly separated, yes, and I'm thinking on how to incorporate more roles into single mission.

One operation which does this right now - base attack operation - will use both CAS and CAP at the same time.

Tried this out for a bit - noticed that very often units are spawning close enough to each other to immediately collide on mission start. Player and AI units alike.

You mean airplanes, right? I did fix a problem like that, could you specify which units for which mission type spawn this way?

I saw it on all sorts of fighters for interception missions and for helicopters on frontline assault missions. Those were the only ones I tried. But to give you an idea, I tried watching an intercept mission with the "mid-game" setup option checked. I watched the red side at mission start and within seconds of start they lost about half of their 20 aircraft to collisions. Not sure if the blue side suffered any similar casualties.

Another potentially related issue: loading the non-quickstart version of a mission still seems to start you in the air sometimes. It seemed to me that this MIGHT be the result of being spawned at an airfield without appropriate parking places. The RED starting airfield on Nevada has no parking.

And since I'm here, a balancing issue: it seems Blue gets Patriot batteries at each of their airfields, and Red gets... SA-9? LOL.

Minor update: https://github.com/shdwp/dcs_liberation/releases, few fixes and F5.

I saw it on all sorts of fighters for interception missions and for helicopters on frontline assault missions. Those were the only ones I tried. But to give you an idea, I tried watching an intercept mission with the "mid-game" setup option checked. I watched the red side at mission start and within seconds of start they lost about half of their 20 aircraft to collisions. Not sure if the blue side suffered any similar casualties.

Another potentially related issue: loading the non-quickstart version of a mission still seems to start you in the air sometimes. It seemed to me that this MIGHT be the result of being spawned at an airfield without appropriate parking places. The RED starting airfield on Nevada has no parking.

And since I'm here, a balancing issue: it seems Blue gets Patriot batteries at each of their airfields, and Red gets... SA-9? LOL.

1. I've widened the spawn windows for the release (just to be sure), but still going to investigate this later.

2. Yes, if there's not enough parking you will start mid-air. I have only two options - parking or runway, and runway spawn is limited to single aircraft, so there's no real workaround to this. There's actually a few airports with 2-3 parking slots.

3. Currently they're more like a decoration, just to mark a base on the map, TBH. The "real" SAMs which will be used during operations are Zu23, Sa8 and Sa19 for REDFOR and Vulcan, Avenger and Patriot for BLUFOR. Does those look more like it?

I was just attempting to do a Naval intercept out of Lar Airbase when this popped up:

INFO:root:DCS Libration 1.3 RC2

INFO:root:<theater.base.Base object at 0x03BC35B0> for <class 'dcs.task.PinpointStrike'> (0): {<class 'dcs.vehicles.Armor.MBT_T_80U'>: 4, <class 'dcs.vehicles.Armor.APC_BTR_80'>: 2}

INFO:root:Generating Frontline attack (regular)

INFO:root:armorgen: <class 'dcs.vehicles.Armor.MBT_M60A3_Patton'> for 2

INFO:root:armorgen: <class 'dcs.vehicles.Armor.MBT_T_80U'> for 0

INFO:root:armorgen: <class 'dcs.vehicles.Armor.APC_BTR_80'> for 0

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.helicopters.Ka_50'> for 2 at <class 'dcs.terrain.persiangulf.Kerman_Airport'>

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.A_10C'> for 2 at <class 'dcs.terrain.persiangulf.Kerman_Airport'>

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.AV8BNA'> for 2 at 3599 at 550

INFO:root:generated weather 5

INFO:root:Generating Frontline attack (quick)

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.helicopters.Ka_50'> for 2 at 1165 at 120

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.A_10C'> for 2 at 3705 at 550

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.AV8BNA'> for 2 at 3393 at 550

INFO:root:Finishing event Frontline attack

INFO:root:Pass turn

INFO:root:Commision Lar Airbase: {<class 'dcs.vehicles.Armor.MBT_T_55'>: 6}

INFO:root:<theater.base.Base object at 0x03BC3570> for <class 'dcs.task.PinpointStrike'> (0): {<class 'dcs.vehicles.Armor.MBT_T_80U'>: 4, <class 'dcs.vehicles.Armor.APC_BTR_80'>: 2}

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.helicopters.Ka_50'> for 2 at <class 'dcs.terrain.persiangulf.Kerman_Airport'>

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.A_10C'> for 2 at <class 'dcs.terrain.persiangulf.Kerman_Airport'>

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.AV8BNA'> for 2 at 3303 at 550

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.AJS37'> for 2 at <class 'dcs.terrain.persiangulf.Kerman_Airport'>

INFO:root:generated weather 3

INFO:root:Generating Frontline attack (quick)

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.helicopters.Ka_50'> for 2 at 1051 at 120

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.A_10C'> for 2 at 3744 at 550

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.AV8BNA'> for 2 at 3667 at 550

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.AJS37'> for 2 at 3164 at 550

INFO:root:Finishing event Frontline attack

INFO:root:Commision Shiraz International: {<class 'dcs.vehicles.Armor.MBT_T_90'>: 6}

INFO:root:<theater.base.Base object at 0x03BC35B0> for <class 'dcs.task.CAP'> (0): {<class 'dcs.planes.C_101CC'>: 1}

INFO:root:<theater.base.Base object at 0x03BC35B0> for <class 'dcs.task.CAS'> (0): {<class 'dcs.planes.Su_25T'>: 1}

INFO:root:<theater.base.Base object at 0x03BC35B0>: no units for <class 'dcs.vehicles.AirDefence'>

INFO:root:Generating Base attack (regular)

INFO:root:armorgen: <class 'dcs.vehicles.Armor.MBT_T_55'> for 0

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.C_101CC'> for 0 at 3376 at 550

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.Su_25T'> for 0 at 3545 at 550

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.AV8BNA'> for 2 at 3661 at 550

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.AJS37'> for 2 at <class 'dcs.terrain.persiangulf.Kerman_Airport'>

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.F_15C'> for 2 at <class 'dcs.terrain.persiangulf.Kerman_Airport'>

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.M_2000C'> for 2 at <class 'dcs.terrain.persiangulf.Kerman_Airport'>

INFO:root:generated weather 4

INFO:root:Generating Base attack (quick)

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.C_101CC'> for 0 at 3659 at 550

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.Su_25T'> for 0 at 3346 at 550

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.helicopters.Ka_50'> for 2 at 1097 at 120

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.A_10C'> for 2 at 3260 at 550

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.AV8BNA'> for 2 at 3201 at 550

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.AJS37'> for 2 at 3702 at 550

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.F_15C'> for 2 at 3177 at 550

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.M_2000C'> for 2 at 3718 at 550

INFO:root:Finishing event Base attack

INFO:root:Generating Naval intercept (regular)

INFO:root:generated weather 5

INFO:root:shipgen: <class 'dcs.ships.Tanker_Elnya_160'> (1) for 0,Russia,[<dcs.unitgroup.VehicleGroup object at 0x05C93870>, <dcs.unitgroup.VehicleGroup object at 0x05C93B30>, <dcs.unitgroup.VehicleGroup object at 0x05C93C90>, <dcs.unitgroup.VehicleGroup object at 0x05C93DF0>, <dcs.unitgroup.VehicleGroup object at 0x05C93F50>, <dcs.unitgroup.VehicleGroup object at 0x05C980B0>, <dcs.unitgroup.VehicleGroup object at 0x05C98250>, <dcs.unitgroup.VehicleGroup object at 0x05C983B0>, <dcs.unitgroup.VehicleGroup object at 0x05C98510>, <dcs.unitgroup.VehicleGroup object at 0x05C985D0>, <dcs.unitgroup.VehicleGroup object at 0x05C987B0>, <dcs.unitgroup.VehicleGroup object at 0x05C98910>, <dcs.unitgroup.VehicleGroup object at 0x05C98A70>, <dcs.unitgroup.VehicleGroup object at 0x05C98BD0>, <dcs.unitgroup.VehicleGroup object at 0x05C98D30>]

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.MiG_15bis'> for 2 at <class 'dcs.terrain.persiangulf.Lar_Airbase'>

INFO:root:airgen: <class 'dcs.planes.AJS37'> for 2 at <class 'dcs.terrain.persiangulf.Lar_Airbase'>

ERROR:root:<class 'RuntimeError'>

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\Unter\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\tkinter\__init__.py", line 1699, in __call__

return self.func(*args)

File "C:\Users\Unter\Desktop\dcs_liberation_1.3.2\ui\eventmenu.py", line 249, in start

self.game.initiate_event(self.event)

File "C:\Users\Unter\Desktop\dcs_liberation_1.3.2\game\game.py", line 209, in initiate_event

event.generate()

File "C:\Users\Unter\Desktop\dcs_liberation_1.3.2\game\event\event.py", line 55, in generate

self.operation.generate()

File "C:\Users\Unter\Desktop\dcs_liberation_1.3.2\game\operation\navalintercept.py", line 45, in generate

at=self.attackers_starting_position

File "C:\Users\Unter\Desktop\dcs_liberation_1.3.2\gen\aircraft.py", line 305, in generate_ship_strikegroup

self._setup_group(group, AntishipStrike, client_count)

File "C:\Users\Unter\Desktop\dcs_liberation_1.3.2\gen\aircraft.py", line 101, in _setup_group

group.units[idx].set_player()

File "C:\Users\Unter\Desktop\dcs_liberation_1.3.2\dcs\unit.py", line 168, in set_player

raise RuntimeError("Unittype '{t}' is not human flyable".format(t=self.unit_type.id))

RuntimeError: Unittype 'AJS37' is not human flyable

I was just attempting to do a Naval intercept out of Lar Airbase when this popped up:

File "C:\Users\Unter\Desktop\dcs_liberation_1.3.2\dcs\unit.py", line 168, in set_player

raise RuntimeError("Unittype '{t}' is not human flyable".format(t=self.unit_type.id))

RuntimeError: Unittype 'AJS37' is not human flyable

Thanks for the report. The problem is in Viggen. Please use other planes until I fix this in few days.

Minor update: https://github.com/shdwp/dcs_liberation/releases, few fixes and F5.

1. I've widened the spawn windows for the release (just to be sure), but still going to investigate this later.

We tested a MP mission last night (Caucasus, started at Soganlug). 4xF-18s started on the ground (2 of them clients) and 4xF-15C started in the air (2 clients). The client F-15s collided as soon as the mission was unpaused (both were in the cockpit). I was a client so I don't have the log, but I'll try to get it if you need it.

Once the F-15s respawned, a great time was had by all! Great job!

Hi..is it possible to have US carrier to spawn f-18 for ground pounding mission, not just CAP?

Not at the moment, sorry. That will probably be one of the next things to come - proper support for multi-purpose aircraft and Tarawa with Harriers.

We tested a MP mission last night (Caucasus, started at Soganlug). 4xF-18s started on the ground (2 of them clients) and 4xF-15C started in the air (2 clients). The client F-15s collided as soon as the mission was unpaused (both were in the cockpit). I was a client so I don't have the log, but I'll try to get it if you need it.

Once the F-15s respawned, a great time was had by all! Great job!

I assume all 4 of the eagles were in the same flight? I'll certainly look into this in the following days. Also I'd rather took a look at the generated mission.

I assume all 4 of the eagles were in the same flight? I'll certainly look into this in the following days. Also I'd rather took a look at the generated mission.

I believe so. A total of 4 eagles were committed to the mission (with 2 clients), so I assume it would have put them all in the same flight.

Here's a link to my track; you should be able to get the mission from that. I think the existing mission has since been overwritten.

Do you prefer error reports here or as a github issue?

empty range for randrange() (12000,-11999, -23999)

Frontline attack or frontline cap, either one gives the same error.

V 1.3.3 with the aim120.

INFO:root:DCS Libration None
INFO:root:Using C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta as userdata folder
INFO:root:<theater.base.Base object at 0x00000000045F50B8> for <class 'dcs.task.PinpointStrike'> (0): {<class 'dcs.vehicles.Armor.MBT_T_90'>: 6, <class 'dcs.vehicles.Armor.MBT_T_80U'>: 3}
ERROR:root:<class 'ValueError'>
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "C:\Program Files\Python36\lib\tkinter\__init__.py", line 1702, in __call__
   return self.func(*args)
 File "E:\dcsliberation\ui\eventmenu.py", line 249, in start
   self.game.initiate_event(self.event)
 File "E:\dcsliberation\game\game.py", line 209, in initiate_event
   event.generate()
 File "E:\dcsliberation\game\event\event.py", line 55, in generate
   self.operation.generate()
 File "E:\dcsliberation\game\operation\frontlineattack.py", line 52, in generate
   self.armorgen.generate_vec(self.attackers, self.target)
 File "E:\dcsliberation\gen\armor.py", line 104, in generate_vec
   random.randint(FRONTLINE_CAS_PADDING, int(self.conflict.distance - FRONTLINE_CAS_PADDING)))
 File "C:\Program Files\Python36\lib\random.py", line 221, in randint
   return self.randrange(a, b+1)
 File "C:\Program Files\Python36\lib\random.py", line 199, in randrange
   raise ValueError("empty range for randrange() (%d,%d, %d)" % (istart, istop, width))
ValueError: empty range for randrange() (12000,-11999, -23999)