Thanks ED for the Viper Patch!!

HayMak3r

I just wanted to say thanks! The updates to the viper are amazing!! Well done!

Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8Ghz, Asus RoG Maximus X Formula, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, EVGA Geforce 2080 Super, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 M.2, 500GB Samsung Pro 860 SSD.

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Acer 23" x2, Oculus Rift S, FSSB3 Lighting

I was dogfighting in the Viper last night with 2.5.6 and the combined effects of the buffet, vapour, and lighting (PG map) were amazingly immersive. I don't remember there being vapours visible from the cockpit when maneouvering hard and looking forward before but perhaps it was there in 2.5.5?

PC specs:

Heya, but I hope for a better trimm, TGP on board and you have to trimm left on start, hmmm.......

CU you in the * AIR *  ^AirWolf

PC > BE QUIIET Power 1000 W ATX 3.0 * ROG STRIX Z690-F * i7-12700 KF * DDR5-6000 64 GB * M.2 980 EVO PRO 2 TB * RX 7900 XTX 24 MB XFX MERC 310 BLACK EDITION  *

Yep, conform, but the trimm of the viper is very difficult !!! Not a stable point to check. Left>>right >>left>>right, No autotrimm on start??

CU you in the * AIR *  ^AirWolf

PC > BE QUIIET Power 1000 W ATX 3.0 * ROG STRIX Z690-F * i7-12700 KF * DDR5-6000 64 GB * M.2 980 EVO PRO 2 TB * RX 7900 XTX 24 MB XFX MERC 310 BLACK EDITION  *

Well trim is analog AFAIK. I have it on a digital button. Like to see raw data capability for the trim.

Meaning 1 digital click left might be 100 units ?

If that is the case , i need more analog controls in house :)

"EDIT conversion or controling thing from digital to analog"

Question: how does the real thing work...it's a dial to servo to wire or dial to wire ? Hydraulics ?

Digital curvature mode an option ?

Fighterpilot podcast mentioned that no 2 jets are the same in real life and need learning/tweaking etc.

Example: Danish F-16 cannot safely go from idle to full afterburner anymore (blk-10/15 jets).

But like many of you the trim is a thing to learn/master.

And yes we have it way way easier than the real guys and girls do :)

Using the warthog, and it has hall sensors and i can clearly see my mistakes in dogfight, when pulling trigger, I let off pressure on the stick and rounds fall short.

I watch pro racing drivers and to the naked eye, we all do the same, but there are tiny variations and that makes the difference.

Good training from a dcs standpoint is the carrier landing or refueling , a pro would spot your shortcomings a mile away.

Practice makes perfect ..but a lot of it required , still learning here :)

Edited by macedk

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Normally what I do is look down at the trim panel on start up and do one click of the mouse wheel up (or away from the pilot/to the outside of the cockpit) and it's really close to center without having to got back and forth.

I don't use the trim hats I have mapped anymore for trimming out the TGP.

Hmm has anybody had graphics revert back to before the patch? I jumped on some MP servers, and everything was back to the way it was :( I then went to SP and same thing. It's like I lost the patch or something? Yet I am on 2.5.6 :( I deleted the texture and fxo folders and that didn't help either.

Do I need to reinstall perhaps? Everything looked great right after the patch update, and now nothin :(

Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8Ghz, Asus RoG Maximus X Formula, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, EVGA Geforce 2080 Super, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 M.2, 500GB Samsung Pro 860 SSD.

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Acer 23" x2, Oculus Rift S, FSSB3 Lighting

Dang. I completely uninstalled and deleted all remnants of DCS world, and reinstalled fresh. The graphics are the same. Though the game DOES run smoother now haha. I am not sure how I can show this to you all though. Right after the patch, all wording in the entire cockpit was very crisp. Lit up indicators like on the eyebrows for canopy/engine related had a great hue around them too. the mfd text was very crisp, and a little larger than it had been too. And now it's all back to the same. Hard to read on all accounts. My pixel density is at 2.0, and everything else is using the VR setting except for textures are set to high. terrain texture is low? whatever the default vr setting is.

I dunno. Maybe it's fixed lol. Played a new sp mission, and it seemed back to being awesome again!