Tuned Ground Handling

frumpy

It works, but elevator will help a little to keep tail on the ground, but in case when tail is lifted CG is moved forward making it even harder to counter react. Prop thrust will win easy with elevator.

Once elevator(tail) is higher then nose tip it is very little what you can do to prevent nose tipping.

BTW yo-yo can we get feature so we can ask ground crew to strap our tail to the ground so we can do full power run-up ?

+1 but for all warbirds, the spitfire would be in the air in less then a few hundred meters if you did this and somehow remained in control :megalol:

the spitfire would be in the air in less then a few hundred meters if you did this and somehow remained in control :megalol:

In spitfire Mk IX pilot's notes +18 lbs take off is allowed. Actualy spitfire is much more stable in high power take off, i just slam throttle to +12 lbs

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

if only you could remove the guns that weigh the same as 3 average people.

you would probably taxi at 950rpm :)

Re-read and note that I did the 5% test in TF- not in P-, specifically to get the lightest unarmed config possible.

Didn't try winter conditions, because I'm not all that much bothered by initial friction issue either. Lower density altitude and thus a bit higher engine power and and prop thrust? Certainly. Would it make a noticeable difference in DCS? Might be interesting thing to test later.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Interesting video. The rolling friction in all aircraft has been questioned before. Also he noted about the torque not being as much as real life, which has also previously been brought up.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Interesting video. The rolling friction in all aircraft has been questioned before. Also he noted about the torque not being as much as real life, which has also previously been brought up.

I remember posts which question way too low torque, authors were calming that rapid throttle movement should rip plane apart :P some ppl claimed that it is not possible to take off with full power in spit or p-51 etc etc.

I think, let it be.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I remember posts which question way too low torque, authors were calming that rapid throttle movement should rip plane apart :P some ppl claimed that it is not possible to take off with full power in spit or p-51 etc etc.

I think, let it be.

Oh yeah I'm sure people go from one extreme to the next haha

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

I don't think it's the torque per se, but the rudder. The 4 Horsemen Mustang team mentioned it being too sensitive and effective years ago already and I tend to agree.

As much as some folks hate curves, I use 30 on the rudder and it does help a lot. I've obviously never flown a real P-51 - and never will - but suffice it to say regardless that those 30 curves at least feel pretty convincing and the overall behaviour seems in line with the anecdotes I've heard. YMMV of course, but at least give it a try if you're not preconceived ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I don't think it's the torque per se, but the rudder. The 4 Horsemen Mustang team mentioned it being too sensitive and effective years ago already and I tend to agree.

As much as some folks hate curves, I use 30 on the rudder and it does help a lot. I've obviously never flown a real P-51 - and never will - but suffice it to say regardless that those 30 curves at least feel pretty convincing and the overall behaviour seems in line with the anecdotes I've heard. YMMV of course, but at least give it a try if you're not preconceived ;)

Yes setting up rudder curves is tricky.

One thing, this pilot mentioned about modern tf-51 is that rudder trim tab was modified to not counter react rudder inputs irc, so maybe this makes this impression of difference.

Edited by grafspee