Newsletter Q&A for the DCS: F-16C Viper

NineLine

How will LGB's work starting online from a cold/dark empty plane on day1? I.e. where do you set the LGB code? Will this be a server setting that bombs will default to?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

IIRC it is more noticeable in the viper and you have fuel flow on the right side to help you...if it reads 9999 ..you are in burner :)
Yeah, reminds me of the mirage, minus the huge green light that turns on. At least in the mirage it "feels" like Razbam coded in a curve, as there's more give in the 100% (mil power) range before it dips into AB. I just love in the hornet that I can quickly and reliably go to full mil without worrying about temhe cans

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

What's development timeline for DCS: F-16C Viper? What's the approximate date for some of the large milestones? When might we expect it to leave early access?

I'm not looking to hold Eagle Dynamics to a firm date, but I'd just like to set expectations for how long this module will be in development.

So basically the answers are given to these questions "After the release" of the F-16 and end of sale ?

I have a question. Why was the F-16 not given a grace period of very prominent Youtubers, to test and fly the Viper and show us the content before the release in similar fashion the F-18 was given. Seems rushed compared to similar releases no ?

In the future will there be other variants?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

What was the biggest technical challenge in bringing the Viper to DCS?

Are there any aspects of the Viper that you prefer to the Hornet?

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

We would like to do a Q&A about the development of the DCS: F-16C Viper for this newsletter, if you have any questions, please post them here, please make sure they are related to the Viper and its development only.

We will pick the top questions and post the answers in the next newsletter.

Thanks!

The ED Team

Cool, so is the Viper coming out tomorrow like my friends think?

:pilotfly:

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's a question: The F/A-18 already has the HARM. Will we be seeing that available for the Viper in POS/HAS modes before the HTS pod is released, or will you be waiting to release them as a bundled upgrade?

Evan "Preacher" Weeks - Dad. Programmer. Virtual Fighter Pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there any major difference between the DCS: F/A-18C and DCS: F-16? In terms of development, perhaps new technologies used, etc.

One is a dirty navy jet with a couple of baby engines, the other is an awesome USAF jet with wings strapped to a real engine :P j/k no harm ment.

I guess the F-16 has Full FBW and the F/A-18 is only partial FBW. the F-16 has the HTS pod which is a dedicated pod for Harm targeting and give it a leg up on the hornet for SEAD missions also. and lastly they both have some different weapons systems cause USAF and Navy used some different weapons (mostly in the a-g category).