[NEED TRACK/CANT REPLICATE] Attitude indicator inaccurate after a several maneuvers

Fubuki

I don't know if this is a bug or the actual F-5E have this issue, the attitude indicator will become inaccurate after some maneuvers, even you made a shallow continuous bank on one side for a while the attitude indicator will incline...

e577afb2gy1fe39s1sfeuj21hc0u045u.jpg

Old instruments do drift, you have a fast erect button next to the ADI should you wish to correct it; just note that the photo posted looks about right, ADI consistent with visual horizon and radar horizon. The standby horizon is left caged in the photo? There is a red flag showing.

Old instruments do drift, you have a fast erect button next to the ADI should you wish to correct it; just note that the photo posted looks about right, ADI consistent with visual horizon and radar horizon. The standby horizon is left caged in the photo? There is a red flag showing.

You mean a Gyro drift! If a horizon instrument hooks up...you stay in the ground...

You mean a Gyro drift! If a horizon instrument hooks up...you stay in the ground...

If you are still on the ground and you have a choice, then yes, of course.

In our example I believe it happens after airborne, quite often too.

While the attitude indicator can get inaccurate after heavy maneuvering, the one we currently have in F-5 is pretty bad. It has exactly the same error rate as the backup ADI, which, obviously, wouldn't happen in real life.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Well, it might be a problem, but the back up ADI needs to be uncaged!

Gyro drift under heavy manoeuvreing is definitely something to be aware of. As for both instruments having identical errors - clearly not true to prototype. I'd like to test it a little more before I come to a conclusion on that. Would we go as far as declaring it a bug? I believe they behave as totally separate entities in the A-10C, so it should be possible in the F-5E3 as well. So yes, I would see that as a problem.

• 1 month later...

It's still the same, at least in 1.5.6. Just make one 180 turn or Immelman after take off, and the ADI becomes erratic. Which is more annoying is that if the pitch information is wrong, then the radar antenna is not levelled correctly.

Funny though, netiher L-39 or MiG-21 have this issue, despite being equipped with a simpler AGD-1 gyro horizon instead of integrated AHRS unit like F-5.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• 2 weeks later...

You know el. gyro-motor of the attitude indicators needs some time to spin up after start up? Are you giving it enough time to spin up to working condition? My F-5 startups usually last about 10 min since switching battery on with all the checks and so and I have never had problems with attitude indicators.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have experienced the same issue both on 1.5 and 2.1.

Main attitude indicator, backup ADI and radar antenna becomes inaccurate after several minutes of flight.

I5-7600K@4,8Ghz - G Skill TridentZ 16Gb 3200 CL14 - Aorus GTX 1080TI - Samsung 950 PRO 512GB NVMe M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 - Lenovo 24'' 1440p - Hotas Warthog - TrackIR 5

DCS 2.5 OB - M2000C - Mig21Bis - A10C - FC3 - AJS37 Viggen - F5E - AV8B N/A - F/A18 C - L 39 Albatros - Bf109 - Spitfire - P51D - Black Shark 2 - Nevada - Persian Gulf - Normandy

Horizontal, high AoA maneuvers seems to generate the error faster.

Maybe it's supposed to be like this, but it doesn't make it less annoying.

I have experienced the same issue both on 1.5 and 2.1.

Main attitude indicator, backup ADI and radar antenna becomes inaccurate after several minutes of flight.

They all, AFAIK, get information from the same gyro.

Someone correct me if i am wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

• 9 months later...

Still not fixed :( Just tried, and even during a normal traffic pattern with 30° AOB turns the attitude indicator is wrong after touchdown. Pitch error of 8° after nosewheel touchdown.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

The F-5, are you seeing it in other things as well?

Well in the F-5 it's a problem but I didn't notice it in any other aircraft that I own. I would like to know if the same bug happens in the F-86F, being the closest aircraft to the F-5.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here is the video, it's a "Quick" flight from Kerman to Bandar Abbas, with a few hard maneuvers. Loaded with 100% Internal fuel, 3x150Gal Tanks and 2xAIM-9P5.

I do adjust the ADI a few times, after takeoff is the where is saw a ridiculous amount of error (around 9°), it seems to accumulate error particularly at low speeds.

${1}

EDIT : Forgot to save the track like an idiot. This isn't really a very good report, I'll try to make something shorter and that showcases the problem instead of having 30 minutes of raw footage.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys, I cant replicate, can you guys give me a track? I am especially interested in seeing the error after a normal traffic pattern.

Thanks!

Here it's is (and it also shows that the previously fixed gear warning bug is back)

The pitch error seems to start already when rolling out on final at approx 700ft and becomes more noticable at 500ft. Couldn't get the total error to exceed 5° on the first try, but I think it shows the problem(s).

F5_AI_bug.trk

Edited by bbrz

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070