DCS A-10C QUESTIONS - Page 536 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-28-2019, 02:48 AM   #5351
GTFreeFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMetalJacket View Post
Why is it that sometimes DIVERT is missing as an option on the CDU/MFD? Im guessing it must be missing data in the onboard data cartridge?

I notice this after instant actions such as the Target Practice Instant Action in NTTR. I like to RTB after doing practice to maintain practice.

Thanks!

You can always toggle your selector switch from Flt Plan to Mission, then you’ll be able to cycle between all the stuff loaded in the CDU, not just the waypoints for the mission. You can “cheat” by pulling up the comm menu for ATC; the first airport listed should be the closest one to you. Not sure why divert is not appearing for you.

Probably also good practice to know your options and where you are going before you ever leave the ground. Have the nav frequencies written down, or the comm frequencies so you can contact the Tower and ask for directions.
Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server.

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer
GTFreeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 11:09 PM   #5352
zoomie36

Default x52 profile issue

Hi all
Having a huge headache with my X52 when I use A-10C. For whatever reason when i make a profile and i use a CTRL or SHIFT key they key is not recognized.
For example, CTRL C opens and closes canopy but when i program it and then go to the game it's not recognized. Letters work, for example, W for wheel brake works just fine.
Is there something i am doing wrong when i program my X52. I use the test function in the X52 program and it show's the CTRL or SHIFT key works when i select whichever button i programmed but just doesn't work when i go into the sim.

rookie here....sigh
zoomie36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 05:38 PM   #5353
CBenson89

Do UAVs lase targets automatically? I have been playing the through the inferno mission and sometimes when I drop LGBs they don’t hit what I’m lasing but they always hit something. Circling above the group of targets im attacking are two UAVs and I was just curious if those have the ability to lase and whether or not they are interfering with what I am trying to bomb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CBenson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 06:23 PM   #5354
GTFreeFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBenson89 View Post
Do UAVs lase targets automatically? I have been playing the through the inferno mission and sometimes when I drop LGBs they don’t hit what I’m lasing but they always hit something. Circling above the group of targets im attacking are two UAVs and I was just curious if those have the ability to lase and whether or not they are interfering with what I am trying to bomb.

You need to set your TGP to lase with a different code AND change your bomb settings to seek the laser code you want. There’s plenty of material online that explains how to do that.
Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server.

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer
GTFreeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 06:26 PM   #5355
CBenson89

I’ll definitely do that I just didn’t know if the UAVs were actually lasing stuff

CBenson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:13 PM   #5356
Muttley999

You are my only hope (quick StarWars reference there lol), I messed up my views in the A10C so every time I try to use it even with TrackIR my view is pinned to the upper canopy bow looking back and down and nothing i try helps. I uninstalled the DCSWorld and all modules but it has stayed yhe same, I deleted the view folder and used the repair tool but again the same. I need to get my default settings back but how? Please help.
Muttley999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 03:02 PM   #5357
Muttley999

Its ok I managed after a lot of trial and error, mostly error, to get it back to default. I am well relieved I can tell you. I am sure you would of been a great help so thanks anyway!
Muttley999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:35 PM   #5358
cthulhu68

Aahhh. Nice to have a gray TGP again.

Tags
a-10c, mission editor, satellite view