TIP..: Nvidia upgrade firmware of your graphics card for more fluid graphics and fps

delevero

My current video card is a GTX980Ti so a little underpowered compared to a lot here. I performed the firmware upgrade and had no gain in performance, but my VR headset is also plugged into my HDMI port and since this upgrade appears to address DisplayPort performance I wasn't surprised. As a test I swapped my external monitor and VR headset so that the headset was plugged in via DisplayPort and saw a ~9FPS drop in performance :(. So I guess it is HDMI for me!

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its for any gpu brand (asus,msi,gigabyte etc)

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I checked, and my 1080ti already had this fimware as well (and its performance was always decently well for me).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Is this firmware update compatible for any brand or only nvidia specific ensambled cards?? I cant find the update in the gigabyte site for my 1070 so Im not sure...

Thanks.

from guru3d's forum

To EVERYONE concerning the UEFI update for display port 1.3+

This update is merely for the UEFI portion that governs the output of the GPU and has NO impact on the vbios as each card has its own specific vbios made by whichever company you got it for specifically for your card so nVidia would not touch that as every card has different parameters set sue to the different hardware used. This means no one will have their vbios change when they do this. This is ONLY to update a small portion of the firmware that supports the display out and not the portion that actually governs your card's clocks, voltages, and fan curves - they are two completely different things so don't be worried about your vbios being changed/modified when using this UEFI update.

a definite improvement in framerates

Same here, just applied the FW update & am seeing an improvement in overall smoothness and F/S as well. Cool beans :thumbup:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

What Cable/Monitor/Resolution/GPU are you using?

DVI-D / Acer G245HQ / 1920 x 1080 / MSI GeForce GTX 980 Twin Frozr V Gaming 4096

The upgrade shouldn't have helped me, I know. But it did, and I'm not the only one. Weird but good :thumbup:

This part of the FW does not change the voltage/ frequency or power limit, only adds support for DP 1.3 and 1.4 for 0.1% of the monitors.

Therefore, it is not possible to achieve an increase in performance!

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

I did see an increase in performance and I know it's not placebo - I checked - and I'm not the only one. So I'm betting they overhauled something else as well - although I admittedly first thought it's the most recent OB patch, but no. Checked that as well.

Edited by msalama

Much does how much do you have programs running in the background, other times DCS after you start running better and sometimes worse, nothing more.

If you want to lift the performance of the graphics card you need to use MSI Afterburner, Evga Precision or Asus GPU Tweak, I'm sure there are more options.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Has absolutely nothing to do with anything you say. This machine's been stable/frozen for years already, I've got 25 services running all told and all autoupdates and such have been switched off ages ago already, so there's nothing whatsoever running in the background at any time without my knowing about it.

Moreover, I've been running a mild overclock on both the CPU and the graphics card for ages already, and none of those have been changed recently. The only thing that has changed, apart from regular DCS OB patches, was the firmware update, and as I said, it did give me a performance boost. Now whether you believe it or not is your business, and I've no interest in convincing you otherwise.

And that's all I've got to say about this.

Edited by msalama