Track carrier landings in logbook

VampireNZ

With the release of the F-14 (and the hornet), will there be any functionality added to the DCS logbook to keep track of your carrier landings separately from the normal 'landings' figure?

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With the release of the F-14 (and the hornet), will there be any functionality added to the DCS logbook to keep track of your carrier landings separately from the normal 'landings' figure?

... and have them graded.:thumbup:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

"OK Underline","OK Underline","OK Underline","OK Underline"......:lol:

Or, what I imagine will be many first attempts- "Wave-off" "Wave-off" "B" "Cut"

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

A recipe for guaranteed success: come in too high, "just go for it", slam nose down, and land with no damage at all.

(some statements included in this post may not be containing 100% truth...)

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Last I checked the log didn't work at all. Fix what we used to have first, then add stuff.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

"wave-off"?! quite optimistic. i think most will "just go for it" and crash and burn :-D

My post assumes they RTFM first. Yeah it will probably be- "C" "C" "C" "C" with notes that read- HNFIWHWD DNKUA.

... and have them graded.:thumbup:

THIS!!! OH YES, this!!! :thumbup::joystick:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

crash and burn :-D

Crashed and burned on the first one. It wasn't pretty.....The second?.....I don't know, I'll tell you tomorrow. But it's lookin' good so far.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002

After Aeorsoft's Kitty Hawk essentially dying on me, I'll just be happy with an FLOLS based on the correct glideslope that lights up.

What happened?

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

It's simply dead. Hasn't worked for me in over a month. Whether original disc plus Acceleration, or Steam version, FSX simply no longer shows a meatball on CV 63.

I'd put it on Prepar 3D V4, but they haven't mentioned their process in porting it over in a month. *shrug*.

It's simply dead. Hasn't worked for me in over a month. Whether original disc plus Acceleration, or Steam version, FSX simply no longer shows a meatball on CV 63.

I'd put it on Prepar 3D V4, but they haven't mentioned their process in porting it over in a month. *shrug*.

Sorry to hear that :(

Honestly..watching the videos of the Su-33 PFM that's going to be formally added soon..

It makes the carrier ops mod we have now as well as BMS's carrier ops look like they were done in claymation

Yeah, I am guessing that trapping aboard a CV/CVN with the Tomcat's EFM (or any EFM/PFM) is going to be quite a bit tougher than the AS F-14.

On a related note, I'd love a logbook...as long as I can reset it after my first 200-300 landings. :music_whistling:

I don't think that I want those first ones preserved for posterity. :D

-Nick

I don't know man, carrier landing aren't that hard! We've been doing them in F-4F, F-6 and F-4U's in quite some time now! Sure you are quite likely to hit the stern but.........

I don't know man, carrier landing aren't that hard! We've been doing them in F-4F, F-6 and F-4U's in quite some time now! Sure you are quite likely to hit the stern but.........

Yeah, its the logbook showing how many times I hit the stern. :lol:

Perhaps I am too vain. :)

-Nick

When you see the guys in the E-2 Hawkeyes (with what, something like only 10ft of wiggle room on the wingtips!) battling away to get it down - surely they would jump in an F/A-18 and freak out how much easier it was lol. Granted the E-2 is a little slower perhaps.

Much respect for the guys in the twin-engine aircraft dropping it on the deck :notworthy:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now imagine someone making an E-2 for DCS...... and then having a human craw manning the systems..... scary! :D