Dynamic Campaign Engine

MBot

Hi Mbot, I was just wondering if you had documentation on which files did what? I was thinking of creating a dynamic campaign based on the Normandy WWII Theather.

If you don't thats perfectly fine. I'll figure it out. I just thought of checking if you did.

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

Hi Mbot, I was just wondering if you had documentation on which files did what? I was thinking of creating a dynamic campaign based on the Normandy WWII Theather.

If you don't thats perfectly fine. I'll figure it out. I just thought of checking if you did.

There are some helpful posts throughout this thread, but Klem did a great job compiling a lot of information into an explanatory document. Post #560 on page 56 of this thread has the doc. Hopefully that can get you started!

There are some helpful posts throughout this thread, but Klem did a great job compiling a lot of information into an explanatory document. Post #560 on page 56 of this thread has the doc. Hopefully that can get you started!

Awesome! Thank you. I think I'll start with the not so popular aircraft, like the C-101 or L39. Before I make the move to the WWII campaign.

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

The latest beta changed things around in regards to scripting output for hitting stuff. They also introduced a new kill event, which makes some of my own hit tracking in DCE redundant (I needed to track who hit stuff last in order to award kills).

I am still waiting on what from the open beta ED pushes to the release version and will then adapt DCE.

Good to know, thanks! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Just for information, the next version of DCE should run without further modifications on both the openbeta and the release versions of DCS (as long as you don't want to run separate installations of DCE on both versions). I actually just added 4 lines of code that automatically replaces DCS in the filepath with DCS.openbeta if the first doesn't work. So for the majority of users, DCE campaigns should be playable out of the box after just unzipping them into the correct folder.

I also fixed the errors related to the new scripting events introduced in the latest beta.

I am still waiting on the new carrier implementations (and hopefully the addition of Heatblur's Forrestal) before updating all existing campaigns.

Edited by MBot

Just for information, the next version of DCE should run without further modifications on both the openbeta and the release versions of DCS (as long as you don't want to run separate installations of DCE on both versions). I actually just added 4 lines of code that automatically replaces DCS in the filepath with DCS.openbeta if the first doesn't work. So for the majority of users, DCE campaigns should be playable out of the box after just unzipping them into the correct folder.

That is a major one MBOT...thanks for that. It will be a gamechanger

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I also fixed the errors related to the new scripting events introduced in the latest beta.

I am still waiting on the new carrier implementations (and hopefully the addition of Heatblur's Forrestal) before updating all existing campaigns.

Really nice Thanks :thumbup:

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Thanks a lot for this one!!!

Is that the 100% correct directory name? If so I could add it as a 3rd contingency to try (although it would still use first DCS or DCS.openbeta if a DCE installation would also be found there).

oops, caps..

it is DCS.openbeta_server

Although, I have found through experimentation that I can keep DCE in my DCS folder for my editor and run it using the dedicated server and it will generate the mission results when I stop the mission using the web portal and generate the next mission when I accept the results.

Guys. Huge problem in TF68 80s and others have had it. Lantirn will know right WPs but the wps entered for missions (strikes) will take you wildly off course.

Yes Ive added new wps also flown without toyching wps. I reflew to make sure I didnt forget I dis some 11 g maneucer and forgot.

Somerhings drastically wrong here. I let jester totally tube the INS and cat. U followed the wps without meddling before and ended up over the caucauses 100nm ne of the target.

Ive also tried addkng steerpoints sitting in deck and also in flight. Im careful to do it slow and have jester input one at a time.

Interestingly this only seems to have happened in strikes.

Im gonna review TF 68 and rry other missions - I do recall a mass scramvle that... had nothing theee. Everyone else landed. I decided to taunt the Russian AD network. After 45 min by chance a 4 ship of Tu142 s took off and paid dearly for it.

But they WERE NOT coming from the bearing given in briefing and frankly dont think they were what the scramble was for!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Mbot, Would it be ok if I "mordernize" your old campaigns (Screaming Eagles, Desrt Tiger, etc..) so they can work in the current version of the DCE?

Now my next post

Centlemen- dce only works for me srable. I have flightmatss for the f14 but they only run open beta. Yes i know cmd r. The downloads before and after are 1 hr plus.

There must be another way?

I installed a second dca copy

Yet the cmd promp stuff works it refuses to do anything except a full on update; and even when i tried reverting to a specific version #!

I had so kuch trouvle making dce work im not messing w the stable.folder

Is there ANYWAY to switch between release and open beta with out hour long downlaods etc?

Ill reward someone if they fix this im desperate