[NOT A BUG] RWR separation not applied to new contacts / RWR keyboard mapping bug

Eldur

First off, I mapped my RWR power to the keyboard. Until today's update, this worked fine. One press, on. Another press, off. Now it changed to being just on when I press and hold it so I have to click in the cockpit instead or use a fixed state button like the ones on the TMWH. That would be great to have as a "Special for HOTAS" mapping, but I prefer the old way.

Now I tried out a bit and noticed that the separation did not work. I switched that one right after firing up the RWR, as well as the filter option to just show the most important possible threads.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192139&stc=1&d=1534375628

But then I just switched the separation mode off and on again and it worked - for the contacts that are already on the screen. As soon as a new group comes up, that one is not being separated again.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192140&stc=1&d=1534375628

642947751_DCS2018-08-1600-58-02-99.thumb.jpg.ab5c55eb9e0a810afe3a1beb7ddd65d8.jpg

1326234757_DCS2018-08-1600-58-15-69.thumb.jpg.6023a7ba291508eacd7a365410af0ee7.jpg

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Since the thread has been tagged [NOT A BUG] I want to clarify resp. get things clarified.

Might not be the best deal to post 2 issues in one thread, but I didn't want to spam the forums rainbowdashwink.png

Issue #1: The keybind. I just hopped into the 'pit again and played with the buttons. I noticed that the ALR-67 PWR button now is spring loaded which means, once you press it (via mouse), it stays pushed it. It doesn't do that however when you actuate it via the keyboard/joystick mapping.

Did some research and found out that the clickabledata.lua has been changed. I don't have an old one at hoof, but I noticed this:

-- RWR
elements["pnt_277"]        = [b]default_2_position_tumb[/b](_("ALR-67 POWER Pushbutton"),                            devices.RWR, rwr_commands.Power, 277)
elements["pnt_275"]        = short_way_button(_("ALR-67 DISPLAY Pushbutton"),                                devices.RWR, rwr_commands.Display, 275)

So the power button probably was changed accordingly, that's why it acts as it does now when clicking it with the cursor. However, no changes have been made to the Input keyboard/joystick\default.lua files to accomodate for the change there as well. With a little knowledge this is probably something I could do myself, I just have to look up how other 2 position switches are defined in there. So I'd just say this is something the devs missed out. Suggestion here: When changing the keyboard/joystick commands accordingly, add the one which is there now as a "Special for HOTAS" mapping, where all the 2/3-way switches are.

Issue #2: RWR signal separation. I don't know how the real thing works and I don't have a manual for that since the NATOPS manuals that can be found on the internet don't cover weapons and especially EW. If the real thing just separates existing signals but makes you have to press the button twice again as soon as a new group nails you, then be it so. But I somehow guess the system would be clever enough to do that automatically since the respective mode is being set to ON. I'd appreciate to get some, maybe first hand information on this. Just feels inconvenient at the moment.

Edit to #2: I noticed that when having the signals separated they won't move around as their sources' relative direction changes. That makes me guess it's just a "quick check" function that's not supposed to stay on for prolonged periods which in return tells me that it probably works as intended and that's most probably the reason for the [NOT A BUG] tag.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

First off, I mapped my RWR power to the keyboard. Until today's update, this worked fine. One press, on. Another press, off. Now it changed to being just on when I press and hold it so I have to click in the cockpit

Same problem for me after the latest update as i also had my RWR power assigned to HOTAS. Now it has to held to keep power on... which is dumb.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Thanks for looking into it.

Today I noticed that the ALR-67 power button, when pressed via keyboard behaves the way I described when pressing the key for a certain while or longer, but that's not much, maybe something in between 50 and 100ms. If I tap it very quickly, trying to have it down as short as possible, the button actually arrests at the on position and doesn't come out again. Hope this information helps twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Offset enable

Not sure if this is correct or not. You press the offset enable button, it illuminates the “enable” inscription. But after the time constraints for the offset, the “enable” inscription remains illuminated. Shouldn’t it not, meaning it reverts back to normal?

Also if you press the button after the time has expired, the “enable” inscription extinguishes but it enables the offset on the RWR again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer