Static planes placement

Eagle7907

Anyway we can get static planes placed under shelters on airbases? We seem to have a lot of these shelters placed on airbases in multiple maps now that are vacant and makes it look deserted. Don’t understand why we can’t do this? Placing AI is resource intensive especially at large airbases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

You can place AI controlled planes, and set them to uncontrolled, after you choose start from ramp.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

You can place AI controlled planes, and set them to uncontrolled, after you choose start from ramp.

But doesn’t that use up system resources more than placing static objects?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Not that I have been able to measure, or notice.

I did a test some days ago, with ground units. I placed 320 BTR-80's as AI controlled, AI off, uncontrolled, and as static. In all cases I had 72 fps (I had 97 fps when no units at all).

Posted that stuff here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215750

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I did a test some days ago, with ground units. I placed 320 BTR-80's as AI controlled, AI off, uncontrolled, and as static. In all cases I had 72 fps (I had 97 fps when no units at all).

Thank you knock-knock. I will give it a go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

you seem to have done this test with ground units only though.

i have made a test back in 1.5 where i noticed significant (!) difference in fps between using "static" aircraft vs. normal aircraft on "uncontrolled".

i assume, that the aircraft on "uncontrolled" to all the calcualtions related to the FM and damage model, because they could potentially activate later...

you seem to have done this test with ground units only though.

i have made a test back in 1.5 where i noticed significant (!) difference in fps between using "static" aircraft vs. normal aircraft on "uncontrolled".

i assume, that the aircraft on "uncontrolled" to all the calcualtions related to the FM and damage model, because they could potentially activate later...

You are correct, but its not much. Just did a quick test and placed 31 static F-15E's all over Gudauta, and a player controlled F-18 down at Sukhumi. Looking out the cockpit, I had 123 fps. Then I removed them again, and placed 31 uncontrolled F-15E's on Gudauta. Fps down at Sukhumi was 113 fps.

But I think thats a small price to pay, for the options you have, like adding weapons, or partly, and so much easier to place/position, plus you can activate/deactivate them. Cant do that with statics.

Forgot to add in the above, that a clean mission with just F-18 player at parking 7 on Sukhumi, has 123 fps too. So interesting, considering static ground units give a fps impact, while static buildings dont, and that goes for the planes too. So benefit there.

All out of sight of course.

You are correct, but its not much. Just did a quick test and placed 31 static F-15E's all over Gudauta, and a player controlled F-18 down at Sukhumi. Looking out the cockpit, I had 123 fps. Then I removed them again, and placed 31 uncontrolled F-15E's on Gudauta. Fps down at Sukhumi was 113 fps.

But I think thats a small price to pay, for the options you have, like adding weapons, or partly, and so much easier to place/position, plus you can activate/deactivate them. Cant do that with statics.

ok. i did my test with the units in sight. when i had 10 or so "uncontrolled" aircrafts in sight i had very low fps, but exchanging them for the same aircraft type as a static, fps went up quite a lot. (i tested with the flaming cliffs aircraft, if i remember correctly)

i thought that was strange.

i did the test back on version 1.5 though. maybe things have changed with 2.5...

Static planes are much more performance friendly than the uncontrolled ones. This is even true when the units are not directly in a line of sight. Large ammount of AI uncontrolled units will reduce the FPS and eventually with a high number of planes introduce a stutter.

As a general rule use static units whenever possible especially if the units dont have to take active actions during the mission.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all