What will be the first thing you do in the spitfire?

I will probably look at the manual... then at the aircraft... back at the manual, start a little talk to myself Pulp Fiction-like (ref. Vince back from the dance contest), "You will not fly her directly, you will just look at her, say goodbye, head back home, have a little reading, and only then...". Then I'll probably just get impatient and start her right away :doh:

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick start mission in the air "Free Flight", and see how her and I get along.

Then basking in the glory of knowing that Yo-Yo has capacities freed up to bring us the MiG-29 and Su-33 PFMs shortly after the Spitfire's release! :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

First thing I will do? Hmm, I guess turning on the battery power, but not sure. I'm waiting for the manual :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Quick start mission in the air "Free Flight", and see how her and I get along.

Then basking in the glory of knowing that Yo-Yo has capacities freed up to bring us the MiG-29 and Su-33 PFMs shortly after the Spitfire's release! :)[/QUOT

P-47 and the Normandy map before any of those, is what he should be doing :)

probably crash it on takeoff, like I did with the 109, Dora, and P-51... :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Fly super slow until my stick is way back and I am janking left 'n' right to keep her airborne :)

Then mid speed, cut throttle - full rudder - full aileron - full elevator --- snap that bird :joystick:

If I am still alive then I should prolly land and call it a maiden flight ;)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I will probably try to start it up without looking at any tutorials, probably fail, then test out Yo Yo's FM in a fight against the 109!

I'm really excited . . . . :pilotfly: joystick.gif

check out her perfect figure :D

Only one problem with that plan buddy................finding someone to fly the Bf109!! most of us will be in the Spitfire :joystick:

I'm willing to fly the 109 or the 190 but only if we trade off every other engagement. :pilotfly:

Anybody else crossing there fingers for some good news today?

As I have been doing for the last month! :doh:

:dunno: I presume they want to bring 2.5 before Spitfire into DCS. We have seen a lot of Spitfire over Normandy, so that might also be the reason. Maybe they want them both out at the same time?:cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

:dunno: I presume they want to bring 2.5 before Spitfire into DCS. We have seen a lot of Spitfire over Normandy, so that might also be the reason. Maybe they want them both out at the same time?:cry:

I hope not. It should be released when it's done, independently from other projects if possible.

WW2 needed some fresh content yesterday.

I hope not. It should be released when it's done, independently from other projects if possible.

WW2 needed some fresh content yesterday.

agree....asap......;-)

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

Anybody else crossing there fingers for some good news today?

As I have been doing for the last month! :doh:

Not holding my breath on this one anymore, these forums were a little premature ;)

It's been moved from "mid-2016" to "late 2016" so there might still be a long way.

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR