WD 2TB Black 3,5", SATA64MB Cache, Dual Processor, 7200RPM
Windows 7 64-bit
Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC, ASUS 27” and Dell 24” screens
HiJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:41 PM   #1922
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

New Version - 1.4.8.0

.NET Version - PLEASE INSTALL THIS or it may not work: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down....aspx?id=53345

Windows 8/10 N Users - PLEASE INSTALL THIS OR IT WILL NOT WORK - Adds the media codecs you need which are removed in the N Version - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ows-n-editions - You'll know when you get the audio initialisation error

This version changes how audio volume levels are "boosted" which should make it easier to get the correct audio volume via the Preview Audio button.

Please note - You WILL need to redo your input and output boost settings - use preview audio to test BEFORE CONNECTING TO A SERVER.

This version also adds an extra radio for the Harrier while the Harrier radios are still being worked on by Razbam. 3rd radio is a copy of the existing radio but allows you to set frequency and volume via the GUI / hotkeys instead of the cockpit.

I've collaborated with ArthurDCS thanks to him there is now support for Logitech/Saitek PZ69 Radio Panel implemented & available shortly - see https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137670 . This does not require DCS BIOS to function for FC3 aircraft .

Fully compatible with current release version 1.4.6.0 - servers do not need to update

SERVER OWNERS - You need to open an extra TCP port for SRS to work and its +1 above your normal server port. I.e if you run a server on 5002 you need to open port 5002 and 5003 for TCP

AutoConnect Script must be in Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Hooks now instead of just Scripts folder. Just create a hooks folder in Scripts folder if you dont have one

KNOWN BUG
If you get lag while using the radio, press L Ctrl + L Shift + L to fix. This is a DCS bug i'm trying to work around and is triggered by pressing L Ctrl + L. It doesn't matter if that key is bound or not, it'll still cause lag when you press it

Changelog
  • Changed how audio is boosted
  • Changed how volume sliders work (now non linear!)
  • Added 3rd radio for Harrier as a work around until radios are fully implemented by Razbam
  • Added volume to DCS overlay (toggle overlay to see it)
  • Thanks to a collaboration with ArthurDCS - Support for Logitech/Saitek PZ69 Radio Panel now implemented & available shortly - see https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137670

DCS / VR Overlay and Overlay Configuration

The overlay has 3 states, hidden, small & full that you can see by pressing Left Control + Left Shift + Escape by default.

The Full state has a title bar that you can click and drag the window around with. The window position will be saved for when DCS is next opened.

The radio status is removed after 5 seconds if SRS is closed or loses server connection

To configure the overlay hotkey, run DCS once to create a config file in Saved Games\DCS\Config which will look something like so and quit DCS:

Code:
config = 
{
    ["mode"] = "minimum",
    ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+escape",
    ["windowPosition"] = 
    {
        ["y"] = 342,
        ["x"] = 981,
    }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config
Edit the "Hotkey" section and add the characters from the keyboard you'd like to use instead. i.e

Code:
config = 
{
    ["mode"] = "minimum",
    ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+1", -- now uses the combination of ctrl shift and 1 together to toggle
    ["windowPosition"] = 
    {
        ["y"] = 342,
        ["x"] = 981,
    }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config
Dont forget to restart DCS after editing this file or you wont see the changes.

If you want to remove the overlay entirely and never use it, just delete:
  • DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg
  • DCS-SRS-OverlayGameGUI.lua

In Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Preset Channel Configuration

Preset channels can be created for all FC3 aircraft and all expansion radios for Non FC3.

Channel presets are created per Radio - full list of names & frequencies here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1869108790 )

Preset files are named after the radio (no special characters needed & case is ignored) and are text files with a single frequency on each line.

For example, to create a fixed channel list for the first UHF radio in the F15C:

Create a file called ANARC-164 UHF1.txt or anarc164 UHF1.txt where you installed SimpleRadio Standalone (where the client exe is), add frequencies and save.

The file will be automatically loaded when that radio appears on an aircraft. The frequency list can also be manually reloaded with the reload button. The files are per radio not per aircraft.

As always, thanks for the support and let me know if there are any issues!

Dedicated support now available on Discord: https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

DOWNLOAD THE TESTING RELEASE 1.4.7.0: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-Simpl...es/tag/1.4.7.0

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST RELEASE: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-Simpl...eleases/latest

Video Demo & Installation

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:04 PM   #1923
CoBlue

Hi,
My SRS 1.4.8.0 stopped working after the update? Can't open it?
I have the required NET.F.
Also the Scripts are installed in "DCS_AJS37" folder in Saved Games...dunno if that's an issue, but never seen it before.
/Thanx
CoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:56 PM   #1924
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBlue View Post
Hi,
My SRS 1.4.8.0 stopped working after the update? Can't open it?
I have the required NET.F.
Also the Scripts are installed in "DCS_AJS37" folder in Saved Games...dunno if that's an issue, but never seen it before.
/Thanx
Need a bit more to go on

Are you running MSI afterburner or anything like that? What version of Windows?

What error is shown in the windows ever logs for SRS?

Can you upload the clientlogs.txt file from where you installed it?

If you can - get me on Discord - it's much easier to help there https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Old 03-14-2018, 05:36 PM   #1925
CoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
Need a bit more to go on

Are you running MSI afterburner or anything like that? What version of Windows?

What error is shown in the windows ever logs for SRS?

Can you upload the clientlogs.txt file from where you installed it?

If you can - get me on Discord - it's much easier to help there https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Hi
W10, no MSI. Here's the event & client logs. Don't have Discord but can get if needed for further troubleshooting./thanx

Last edited by CoBlue; 03-15-2018 at 04:21 AM.
CoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:04 PM   #1926
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBlue View Post
Hi
W10, no MSI. Here's the event & client logs. Don't have Discord but can get if needed for further troubleshooting./thanx
Looks like a window positioning issue? Try uninstalling with installer to remove all the registry entries - then reinstall and you should be sorted

Old 03-16-2018, 01:59 PM   #1927
john9001

simple radio not so simple
john9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:22 PM   #1928
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
simple radio not so simple
If you would have gone through the TS3 hooking solutions like TARS, Ares Radio and the half dozen Teamspeak Client Updates and API changes that broke everything. The hours and hours of troubleshooting, while you had only Chat to communicate, you would appreciate the "Simple" in "Simple Radio Standalone ".

Imagine you try to tell your buddy what to check, but there is no " let's use Teamspeak to talk, while we have SRS running. The standalone is simply brilliant.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller

Last edited by shagrat; 03-17-2018 at 10:20 AM.
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:43 AM   #1929
BaD CrC
ED Translator

Ciribob. Got 1.4.8.0 to work after tuning the new volumes (previous sound level settings were cleared). SR is working fine but crashes as soon as i toggle the overlay. Not sure it is purely SR related as my mates got it working fine. Any suggestions? I updated the NVidia dirvers to the latest version.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:59 AM   #1930
Salsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaD CrC View Post
Ciribob. Got 1.4.8.0 to work after tuning the new volumes (previous sound level settings were cleared). SR is working fine but crashes as soon as i toggle the overlay. Not sure it is purely SR related as my mates got it working fine. Any suggestions? I updated the NVidia dirvers to the latest version.
Having the same problem :-/

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
Salsam is offline   Reply With Quote