"Short final"

Having flown only the A10 module, it seems to me that ATCs give you landing clearance a bit late. It's always maybe 10-15 s before touchdown, and much later than the "cleared for visual, contact tower" line. Is this just me?

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Hasn´t this been "WIP" since the release...? :D

Not really, since I don't recall seeing any changes/improvements.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I think if you head in to land without having clearance it gives you clearance just before you land, similar to taxiing onto the runway without clearance for takeoff.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

It does, yes. There's a possibility that this bug is in fact not the ATCs giving you late clearance, rather no (ordinary) clearance at all

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Is it realistic?

If you came into land without clearance in the real world the ATC would got fing nuts and you would be grounded for a considerable time no doubt! That would be more realistic, maybe your serial should be suspended for a month while you study ATC regulations! ;)

• Like 4

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

That would be more realistic, maybe your serial should be suspended for a month while you study ATC regulations! ;)

:megalol::megalol:

That's Priceless!

My goodness can you imagine the outbursts if that were to happen? :P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

If you came into land without clearance in the real world the ATC would got fing nuts and you would be grounded for a considerable time no doubt!

In the real world, ATC has a clue!;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The ATC will give you propper clearance if you do the fly-in correctly.

Haven't installed DCS World yet, but with the standalone v1.1.1.1 the tower gives you the "cleared for visual, contact tower" -line when your distance is about 6 nm from the airport. However, if you try to contact the tower immediately after that line, the tower won't answer. The tower will answer only after you are within approx. 5 nm. So, because I have to wait a bit before asking for the clearance, I sometimes forget to contact the tower, and ATC will give me an "automatic" clearance just before landing.

I wonder if something has been changed with the DCS World/A-10C Module or if the clearance procedure goes the same way as I just described?

If you came into land without clearance in the real world the ATC would got fing nuts and you would be grounded for a considerable time no doubt! That would be more realistic, maybe your serial should be suspended for a month while you study ATC regulations! ;)

FSX has an online ATC setup of guys using the real jargon and he$$ to pay if you fly with them and don't talk the talk as you walk the walk. :megalol:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090624143548AApf7JT

http://www.fs-mp.com/

http://mrgnome.wordpress.com/2007/04/24/flight-simulator-x-multiplayer-vatsim-and-avsim/

http://www.liveatc.net/

I was online the other night doing ATC using F11 to get me to a spot using the arrow keys (I think) where I could give clearance to guys flying the Su-25T and the A-10C. I was tired of flying and the guys were asking if they were clear to takeoff.

It is easy enough to click F10, then "Me", and zoom out to see what is going on and not get bonked by an incoming plane on final.

What I do not like is when the AI ATC says to use runway 04 and some guys do and some guys use the opposite runway. I tend to follow the 104th's way of doing taxi and takeoff etiquette and stay to the right side and try to avoid collisions.

Edited by ErichVon