Does anyone have the massive FPS drop when radar on at low alt?

Fynek

Hello,

I wanted to ask if I am the only one who has a very annoying bug that makes my FPS go from 60+ to below 10fps when i turn my radar on at low altitude in the Mirage 2000c.

I dont have this bug with any other module and when i searched on google for a fix, i ended up on this thread :https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171415&page=6

However it is in the F5E Tiger forum and not in the Mirage one, therefore to increase the chance of eventually fixing this serious bug on my end, I thought it would be useful to first ask if anyone has this bug before i post in the bug report section.

When i turn my radar on up high ,i have no issue. When i lock someone i have no issue. But when i fly very close to the ground or at very low altitude and turn my radar on, my fps drop like crazy to below 11fps. As soon as i turn off my radar they go back to normal to 60fps.

Anyone experienced this problem?

For info, my cpu is AMD Ryzen5 2400g, with Nvidia GTX1060 6gb and RAM is 16gb.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by Fynek

I have found another issue that can drop my FPS from 60+ to minus 10fps.

I was playing the Mirage campaign mission #2 today. I aligned my INS and proceeded to fly the mission but at some point, when i switch to D/RLT on the PCN switch, my fps suddenly dropped like crazy to below 10, slideshow.

Moving the knob to any other position fixed it. It is not game breaking since this position is supposed to give you distance to waypoint and heading which i can read on the HSI anyway, but I don't know if it has been reported, i checked right now in bug reports and did not find it.

The first issue with radar alt would be more urgent because it is quite useful in low visibilty.. Would be really nice if they look at it.

I think I saw both already reported.

But if you want to get it checked you need to provide a track.

I'm using radio alt, PCN and never got it to hit my fps.

I believe you, just the dev need the track to assess what is happening in the sim.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Thank you for your reply Jojo, I will replay this mission and try to provide a track.

It only happened to me once so far, the first time today actually ( I am new to DCS, since 2 weeks only) but it is nice to hear that it may have been reported before which implies that Razbam are aware of this minor issue.

EDIT : I flew this mission again tonight to try to reproduce the problem and post a track but I did not have the huge drop in FPS by switching to D/RLT this time. I only had a small drop. Could be an one off or else i did not reproduce the conditions of my earlier flight when i had this issue. Hmm strange.. but a good news either way, as it means it is not as bad as i thought if i cannot reproduce this issue consistently. If it happens again i'll make sure to save the track.

Edited by Fynek