Performance decrease

I think it's related to the F14 release.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I haven't seen any performance decrease, quite the opposite. I've been flying the F-14 exclusively.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I haven't seen any performance decrease

Me neither, all recent versions have ran really well even on my aging POS computer. Did you guys delete your fxo and metashaders folders after patching?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Update maybe

With the last update 2.5.4.28615 I've notice some lower frame rate, between 15-20 less frames; am I drunk or has anyone had the same problem?

DCS 2.5.4.28841 Open Beta here, no issues in SP and built in Hornet missions, Hornet campaign or custom missions I built.

It's really not informative, could depend on various factors. Spec, mission, environment mods, modules just to name few.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I figured out my prob and it had nothing to do with DCS...

I installed NVidia drivers 419.67 ("Creator Ready Driver") w/out paying attn. This driver turned out to be the problem.

I rolled back to the last "Game Ready" driver which is 419.35 and now everything is fine again.

I don't know why, i'm not going to look into it because I just want to fly :) I just wanted to let people know in case it helps someone.

Cheers!

i9-9900k | 2080 Ti ftw ultra | 32gb DDR4 3200 | Oculus hmd | HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | MFD Cougar

I've seen way more than that' date=' I've had my FPS decrease from about 75-80 to about 25.[/quote']

Almost the same here which isn't fun.

Win 7 64 Pro · Gigabyte GA Z77-D3H (BIOS v.23b) · Intel i5 3570k · Crucial Ballistix Tactical 32GB CL8 DDR3-1600 · Corsair Force GT 120GB + Crucial MX100 512GB on ASUS U3S6 PCIe x4

MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G (419.35) · SB X-Fi Elite Pro (6.0.1.1375) · VIA HD onboard audio (6.0.1.8700) · Eizo EV2436WFS-BK · Teufel Concept E Magnum

MS FFB2 · MFG Crosswind · MS P2 + PP (sliders) · Dual Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant · HOTAS Warthog Throttle · TrackIR 4 (5.1.3)

FPS are especially low when looking at the general direction where lots of objects are (like Abu Dhabi or Dubai), even if I'm so far away that those aren't being rendered at all (like 80nm). Before the Tomcat release, I had 50+fps when flying right in between the skyscrapers, now I have 20 when looking there from 80nm away. Happens in both the Tomcat and the Hornet. Didn't try other planes though as of yet.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I might repeat myself...

...but i think ED should really have a look at their promised performance optimizations.

For both VR and 2D gamers.

I remember flying low and fast with my hornet with stable 60(2D)/45(VR) fps when the hornet came out a while ago

and it was really the best fictional experience I ever had...

(besides some drug experiments when i was young).;)

Unfortunately performance has gotten worse and worse with every update since then.

A few days ago I found myself desperatley experimenting with graphics settings for hours to get (back) stable fps where once I had super smooth 60fps in 2D and 45 in VR. Unsuccessful.:noexpression:

(i7@4.8Ghz , 32GB RAM , 1080ti OC)

Please ED, now go and do your homework! You're talking about improvements and promising things that seem to actually develop into the opposing direction for quite a while now.

The performance is gone and so is the fun.:mad:

Unfortunately I can't afford a "nuclear powered graphics card" and I believe I'm not the only one having this problem...

...going paragliding now...

...because stutter-free unlimited-fps nature!:D

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

With the last update 2.5.4.28615 I've notice some lower frame rate, between 15-20 less frames; am I drunk or has anyone had the same problem?

SAME problem....even if I keep flying the f18.:mad::doh::(:(:(

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Performance improvements should be the highest priority instead of adding more planes!

In fact they would do both at the same time - different departments, different tasks.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For me Persian Gulf only performance drop almost 60%... and big FPS variations.

Also now have stutter/freeze on Su-33 takeoff (at the moment of separation from the runway) and strange stutter/freeze when trun on LSHIFT+E (Special Afterburner) on all terrains.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Performance improvements should be the highest priority instead of adding more planes!

Well, they haven't added any planes since the frames have been chopped by about 60%. Just coincidence this happened at the same time the Tomcat went into the public versions.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Have you guys at least tried deleting the fxo and metashaders/metashaders2 folders in Saved Games?

Standard procedure after every single update... :smilewink:

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

I figured out my prob and it had nothing to do with DCS...

I installed NVidia drivers 419.67 ("Creator Ready Driver") w/out paying attn. This driver turned out to be the problem.

I rolled back to the last "Game Ready" driver which is 419.35 and now everything is fine again.

I don't know why, i'm not going to look into it because I just want to fly :) I just wanted to let people know in case it helps someone.

Cheers!

The new "Game ready Driver" 419.67 is released, I'm curious if you have any issues with this driver installed?

I installed it on a RTX-2070 and do not see any issues

Have you guys at least tried deleting the fxo and metashaders/metashaders2 folders in Saved Games?

I don't have to. My DCS shortcut omits the update process and when I know a new one is up I run this:

@echo off
if exist _downloads rd _downloads /s /q
junction _downloads H:\
del "E:\DCS World User\fxo\*.*" /s /q
rem del "E:\DCS World User\metashaders\*.*" /s /q
del "E:\DCS World User\metashaders2\*.*" /s /q
del "E:\DCS World User\ScreenShots\*.*" /s /q
pause
e:
cd\
cd "DCS World OpenBeta"
bin\DCS_updater.exe update

Drive Hage is a RAM disk BTW. I usually scale it up to 8GB when updating. Just isn't enough when the maps get patched. In that case, I just delete that _downloads junction when the batch script is at the pause break. The updater will then just recreate it as an ordinary folder on the SSD. "DCS World User" is junctioned to %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta. I plan to swap that around though to get that stuff off of my C partition. Less than 3GB of free space is a PITP when updating Windows... especially that ScreenShots folder likes to grow big even with all Screenshot key mappings removed in DCS.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I tend to agree, 419.35 was a pain in the a***, now with latest drivers the stutters are less pronounced.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black