[RESOLVED] Auto wing sweep not working under G's

Hummingbird

Wingsweep limits tweaked and will now sweep beyond 7.5G

Thanks for raising this to our attention!

Quick question, what’s the limiting factor on the sweep rate? Is it the air data computer or the hydraulic actuators ability to deal with the increased air loads at high g? The wing sweep system is pretty cool. I read quit a bit about it this week, but couldn’t find the answer to my question, thanks for the time. Really liking the Sim too.

Quick question, what’s the limiting factor on the sweep rate? Is it the air data computer or the hydraulic actuators ability to deal with the increased air loads at high g? The wing sweep system is pretty cool. I read quit a bit about it this week, but couldn’t find the answer to my question, thanks for the time. Really liking the Sim too.

As far as I can tell there was no limit (atleast I have been unable to find any mention of one) and the point at which wing sweep would eventually stall would be when the hydraulic spindles ability to overcome the increased resistance with every added unit of G had been reached.

As far as I can tell there was no limit (atleast I have been unable to find any mention of one) and the point at which wing sweep would eventually stall would be when the hydraulic spindles ability to overcome the increased resistance with every added unit of G had been reached.

Hydraulic Spindles?

See, right there you show why this update should be delayed indefinitely until these "hydraulic spindles" can be properly researched and replicated.

This could take years.

Viewpoints are my own.