Template Sabre

Mainstay

updated my original post with complete description.lua/

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks SkateZilla,

Yes I use the Model Viewer Built into DCSW v-1.2.9.

There's few minutes I've created one new Model Viewer from V1.2.9 and I have added these two lines:

bin\ModelViewer.exe

/Config/ModelViewer/autoexec.lua

Please can you tell me if I must add this line: mount_vfs_texture_path("CoreMods/aircraft/F-86/Textures/F-86F/") and also if I must added other line for complete my Model Viewer ?

EDIT:

If it's possible can you give me your Model Viewer.bat or can you give me all the good lines that we must used with the Model Viewer.bat ?

Thanks in advance, Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

The modelviewer.bat remains untouched, I believe you mis-read my instructions as they were Clear.

mount_vfs_texture_path("CoreMods/aircraft/F-86/Textures/F-86F/")

This Line Goes in the Autoexec.lua file, located in Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Config/Model Viewer.

Nothing else needs to be edited. I also attached an Autoexec.lua to my last post, that you can put in the /Config/Model Viewer/ Folder.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

mount_vfs_texture_path("CoreMods/aircraft/F-86/Textures/F-86F/")

Super, now everything is OK.

Thanks again, Skull.

I attached my bort textures, so try them. Maybe I can look at yours and tell you where's the problem if you want :) Perhaps there's some little thing you're overlooking...

George

Thanks for those but they are the same as the ones I was using and the same problem still exists:

The skin shown below has the complete FU Number painted on the tail (FU - 631), but using your bort files they are still hidden behind another layer, you can see it better on the tail number, a gray patch covers part of the number.

Screen_140803_091750.thumb.jpg.ad8fea2db05e0fb2d16e233ff9d83277.jpg

It's not something I have never seen before in all the years I have been around the sim, very peculiar.

Edited by crazyeddie

That's weird. Are you placing the skin in the usual place with description.lua or just modyfing the textures in original folder? Because I did only the latter and unfortunately, I can't get it to work the other way.

If you're working with liveries folder, did you get rid of that empty.tga you mentioned earlier? Those textures I uploaded are completely clean so if there's any grey patch, it means they're not being used as you can see it works on my end.

Although I still think that messing with skins with no template, proper skin support and with model that could change at any point during beta is waste of time and resources...

George

I created an F-86F Sabre liveries folder and stuck those two skins in it, just to get the ball rolling really because I am no skinner myself and I anticipated a rush of new skins.

Tried it inside the beta, that did not work, so tried it in the DCS/Bazar/Liveries folder and that changes the main skin, as you would expect, but with this problem.

There is no rush of skins as it happens, but I thought I would like to try a few for my own amusement.

All I did was create one line in the lua:

livery = {

{"F-86F_MAIN_DIF", 0 ,"F-86F_MAIN_DIF_SAAF",false},

name = "SAAF"

countries = {"USA", "UK"}

I have played around with that a lot, adding additional texture lines etc etc, nothing overcomes the problem.

Anyway, I hear what you say about Beta and its a good point. We will have to wait and see what evolves.

Thanks for your input mate, much appreciated.

I did notice, the ModelViewer didnt show the invisible BORTs, but in game I got it to work using Livery Info Below.

I Used:

{"F86_BORT NUMBER_01", 3,"empty", false}, -- Fuselage Bort Number
{"F86_BORT NUMBER_10", 3,"empty", false}, -- Fuselage Bort Number
{"F86_BORT NUMBER_100", 3,"empty", false}, -- Fuselage Bort Number
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_01", 3, "empty", false}, -- Tail Bort Number
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_10", 3, "empty", false}, -- Tail Bort Number
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_100", 3, "empty", false}, -- Tail Bort Number
{"F86_BORT NUMBER_01", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", false}, --Bort Number Diffuse Texture, Make it the Same as Your F86_MAIN
{"F86_BORT NUMBER_10", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", false}, --Bort Number Diffuse Texture, Make it the Same as Your F86_MAIN
{"F86_BORT NUMBER_100", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", false}, --Bort Number Diffuse Texture, Make it the Same as Your F86_MAIN
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_01", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", false}, --Bort Number Diffuse Texture, Make it the Same as Your F86_MAIN
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_10", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", false}, --Bort Number Diffuse Texture, Make it the Same as Your F86_MAIN
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_100", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", false}, --Bort Number Diffuse Texture, Make it the Same as Your F86_MAIN

And the Attached Empty dds (rename from empty.dds.txt to empty.dds)

The 3D Mesh that the Bort Numbers is on is using Channel 3 (DECALS) for the BORT Decals and Channel 0 For the Diffuse,

So even though you clear Channel 3 (Decals), it's still loading the same "f-86f_main_DIF" texture in Channel 0 (Diffuse), which creates the Grey Square.

Example:

This Screenshot was taken without the "0" Channel Entries, Notice were the BORT Mesh is, that the Text of the original F-86 Skin shows (as it's clearer and a lighter shade).

attachment.php?attachmentid=102217&stc=1&d=1407117004

Now, With the Channel 0 Directing to CrazyEddies Lower Res JPG Texture: (no more sharp text).

attachment.php?attachmentid=102218&stc=1&d=1407117004

empty.dds.txt

Screen_140803_213656.thumb.jpg.d52cdecb34a1c4850f6bc6f50b579b9d.jpg

Screen_140803_214544.thumb.jpg.ae5e30de2029ced80e0ab02575c31b4c.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

I just tried this solution and it leaves empty grey space (patch...) on the tail but not on the fuselage.

I have just tried that fix but am still getting the patches overwriting the skin underneath, if you look at the numbers on the other side of '611' you will see what I mean.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, will play around with that tonight.

Check the Material Name for Tail Bort Diffuse Channel,

My posted code last night had the ONEs Digit Material for the Bort listed 3 times, so TENs and HUNDREDs digits were still showing grey for the Tail Bort,

( I had F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_01 listed 3x instead of _10 and _100 ),

I thought I edited my post last night, but I guess I forgot to hit save before closing the browser. My fault, I was running on 2 hours of sleep in 2 days.

Should Be:

{"F86_BORT NUMBER_01", 3,"empty", false}, -- Fuselage Bort Number
{"F86_BORT NUMBER_10", 3,"empty", false}, -- Fuselage Bort Number
{"F86_BORT NUMBER_100", 3,"empty", false}, -- Fuselage Bort Number
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_01", 3, "empty", false}, -- Tail Bort Number
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_10", 3, "empty", false}, -- Tail Bort Number
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_100", 3, "empty", false}, -- Tail Bort Number
{"F86_BORT NUMBER_01", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", false}, --Bort Number Diffuse Texture, Make it the Same as Your F86_MAIN
{"F86_BORT NUMBER_10", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", false}, --Bort Number Diffuse Texture, Make it the Same as Your F86_MAIN
{"F86_BORT NUMBER_100", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", false}, --Bort Number Diffuse Texture, Make it the Same as Your F86_MAIN
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_01", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", false}, --Bort Number Diffuse Texture, Make it the Same as Your F86_MAIN
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_10", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", false}, --Bort Number Diffuse Texture, Make it the Same as Your F86_MAIN
{"F86_BORT_NUMBER_TAIL_100", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", false}, --Bort Number Diffuse Texture, Make it the Same as Your F86_MAIN

Edited by SkateZilla

Tried that, and I understand the logical sequence of your entries into the lua, but still can't get it to read my skin numbers at all.

I am beginning to think there are better things I could be doing !!!

what exactly are you trying to do?

what exactly are you trying to do?

Remove the built in Bort Numbers completely and let the game recognise the skin underneath, which might be a different colours, it might have different numbers in different places, is sound simple really but it's turning out to be VERY difficult to achieve.

The game keeps throwing up that damn gray patch where the USAF Bort Numbers used to be.

Anyways, hopefully the developers will recognise that this will only allow one skin colour and one set of Bort Numbers in it's present form, so Canadian and Australian skins will not work as it is unless you are happy to have the existing Bort Numbers on EVERY skin you use.

Tried everything I know but I ran out of idea a few days ago.

Remove the built in Bort Numbers completely and let the game recognise the skin underneath, which might be a different colours, it might have different numbers in different places, is sound simple really but it's turning out to be VERY difficult to achieve.

The game keeps throwing up that damn gray patch where the USAF Bort Numbers used to be.

Anyways, hopefully the developers will recognise that this will only allow one skin colour and one set of Bort Numbers in it's present form, so Canadian and Australian skins will not work as it is unless you are happy to have the existing Bort Numbers on EVERY skin you use.

Tried everything I know but I ran out of idea a few days ago.

can you zip your livery and send to me, and when I get home tonight I'll see what I can do and send it back.