VSN flyable aircraft mods

Hi, i'm trying to install the f-14 I can't seem to figure it out. I tried following instructions in the OP but it still didnt work.

Is there a way I can just install these things without the mlink? maybe right into the install directory ?

can anyone explain this to me like i'm a 5 year old. it would be greatly appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti

Yes. No need for Klink. In the first post it said.. go to saved games/dcs/mods/aircraft. Drop your F-14 folder in there and start to enjoy. Too easy

I swear thats what i'm doing. maybe i'm not loading it up right theyre available in mission editor right under USA ?

does it matter if i'm using the openbeta? I still put the f14 file into the openbeta save game mods directory.

I have both versions of DCS the stable and the beta, I just really wanted them in the beta to fly with the actual hornets

also this is the version I have is this the correct version?

VSN_F14A v2.5.0.16 Modell VNAO (Avionik mit CMD auswaelen)

Edited by Growling Sidewinder

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti

I fly the F-14 with the beta with no problems.

Try the last version here : Lockon Forum

VSN_F14A v2.5.2.01

ok, I downloaded the file you linked, I put it in c/username/saved game/mods/aircraft

I start the sim up and I got nothing. where should I be looking for them? they come up under USA? in the mission editor?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

c/username/saved game/DCS/mods/aircraft/VSN_F14 is the path.

(You must have FC3 installed.)

in the Folder (path from the top) are 2 Files 01 F-15C Avionik and 01 Su-33 Avionik. chose one by clicking on it.

Place an Plane in the Mission editor. i use USA. and at the bottom should you find the VSN_F-14

c/username/saved game/DCS/mods/aircraft/VSN_F14 is the path.

(You must have FC3 installed.)

in the Folder (path from the top) are 2 Files 01 F-15C Avionik and 01 Su-33 Avionik. chose one by clicking on it.

Place an Plane in the Mission editor. i use USA. and at the bottom should you find the VSN_F-14

thanks for your help man, I got it all sorted out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all,

Just wondering has anyone done any missions for the TornadoGR4? using this mod, I have the latest's version running the mod and DCS, I am absolutely in love with the TornadoGR4 mod and what it can do same with the F-16, anyway if you have could you please link me a few, I use in game generate mission to fly but they arent as long as I want them to be.

Thank You guys.

Got the Tomcat and its fantastic. Just one question, launching from the Stennis, how do you do that ? Catapult dosnt seem to work or am I doing something wrong ? Started "on runway" turn up the heat and it just rolls off slowly, My AI wingman does it right :-)

1 Try pressing U key to set Takeoff position

2 Set flaps to full, afterburners ON, hold "W" for 2-3 sec and release, once u leave the deck raise gears and start gently pulling the stick (no sudden moves or you may bleed too much speed). That should do the trick.

Edited by uscstaylor

Have you guys thought about trying to implement multicrew for your F-14 mod just to fly with someone for fun? It doesn't even have to have the cockpit in the back. It would be good for sightseeing and learn to cooperate in close combat/dogfight. I've seen multicrew mod for TF-51D (which doesn't work anymore) but maybe it's worth a try with your coding skills.

Anyone wanna try flying F-14D with FA-18C cockpit?

Good Luck trying to get that to work w/ the new DLL Protection.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs