HUD Tint

So far i'Ve only did one for the Hornet and M-2000c, but i can see what i can do for the Harrier.

Thanks. The DCS Harrier has a dark tinted top half.

I want it to look like this.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

+1

thanks for the work of everyone involved

much more fun flying the F18 now!

Edited by Nero.ger

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

I don't have the Hornet, but watching a few DCS videos, shows it to have the same distinct, dark 2nd upper glass, as the Harrier.

Watching this video, showed there to be, most definitely, a pink tint, but the dark 2nd screen is barely noticeable from the main screen and you can see through it clearly.

The front wind screen, is also tinted.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Because the Tint is authentic.

I can physically verify this, as well as all the Hornet SMEs

Of course, it is authentic in the real Hornet to have some canopy/HUD tinting. But here's the problem, it is not authentic to be staring at a two dimensional screen with glowing pixels. When I play DCS, I'm not looking through a tinted HUD, I'm staring at a 2D screen filled with glowing pixels, and playing in 4K, which could be the start of a new visibility thread. :-)

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

I don't have the Hornet, but watching a few DCS videos, shows it to have the same distinct, dark 2nd upper glass, as the Harrier.

Watching this video, showed there to be, most definitely, a pink tint, but the dark 2nd screen is barely noticeable from the main screen and you can see through it clearly.

The front wind screen, is also tinted.

Agreed you always have it a bit darker where both glasses overlaps, thats why in my mod i left the smalest glass a bit darker. What i am starting to wonder now is, there's a few models of HUD Glass for Hornet's model produced or whatever, as they maybe realised it was too dark and affect the view and came up with smoother tint ones which we see on most videos and pictures and ED got a references of an older one, dunno, but most of them are clear and a few ones as your videos, again lights depends i guess but still. As you can see in my video passed 11:00 for the rolling, the tint is not that noticable, somtimes yes when over the clouds and light background, not that that purpleish and mostly caused by the smalest glass overlaping the longest one, but again sometimes it lighter sometimes it's not, depends on the light reflection, which is not that implemented in DCS ending up with a always dark view. Anywas my mod wasn't to argue with ED'S job or make them tune it down, but simply to help people having issues like me with it by tuning it down, if they wanna keep it that way, at least we have mods as alternatives, which is the first mod i'Ve made that in less than 12 hours, it's already being downloaded 161 times, which says it all. Not all effects are reasy to reproduce in Sim, specialy when it comes to glass, windows, it always looks like transparent, too clean, or darker, got to say the Hornet's canopy got me freaking out with the result specialy in VR. :)

Edited by Doum76

• 7 months later...