How Complete is this module

Glyphic

Just like the topic states. How complete is the harrier? I have the mirage and I like but I am looking for a better plane to do ground pounding with. So I am debating between this and the a10c. I know that a10c is the most complete model for the high fidelity planes so if I bought I know that everything will work. But looking through the forums here it seems that the harrier still has lots of issues. Do you think the harrier will be complete in six months? Thank you for your time.

In terms of 3D graphics and textures, RAZBAM has done a wonderful job. From my point of view the Harrier is one of the most successful modules.

For the avionics , the result is far from being as good.

Each new system produced by RAZBAM comes out bugged and many uncorrected bugs remain for months or even years.

If you are looking for a module to exploit only the surface, it is a good module but if on the contrary you want an airplane with normal DCS standards run way, the Harrier is far from being complete or properly functional.

Razbam had planned to finish the Harrier in 2019 but they are still far from it and with all the new developments announced, I have doubts about their ability to complete this module quickly.

Edited by Kerosene

Nonsense. The module is a blast and you can accomplish whatever CAS mission desired.

Can you define what "a blast" mean? That's very subjective.

Is it a blast because you have fun regardless of the bugs?

Is it a blast because you don't care about systems working in the wrong way and you just like it as long as you can drop bombs in whatever way?

The OP is deciding between the A-10C and the Harrier, so what exactly makes the harrier "a blast" compared to the fully functional and nearly 100% accurate A-10C?

Fun and accuracy/completeness are two entirely different things.

Fun is subjective, completeness and accuracy are objective. Offer some obective facts about the Harrier, and let the poor guy decide for himself if it's "a blast" for him, or not.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Nonsense. The module is a blast and you can accomplish whatever CAS mission desired.

Auto boming on moving targets or windy conditions. Can you do that one?

Accept CAS target through JTAC data link transmission? The A10 can do that. What about the Harrier?

Despite this I do enjoy flying the Harrier. The JDAMS implementation is probably the most accurate in handling single pass, multi target scenarios, though I suspect the Hornet won't be far behind in this regard.

It does some things really well wrt the real airctaft, some poorly and yet more not at all. Up to Op how annoying you'd find that.

OP, what do you prioritize in a module? If you could sum it up in a word, what would it be?

Accept CAS target through JTAC data link transmission? The A10 can do that. What about the Harrier?

The JTAC and datalinks are one of the most overrated and hyped features there are.

For a CAS, pilot requires three things only.

1) A map to understand the terrain

2) A radio to contact troops on the ground

3) A visual cue where own troops are, or where the enemy are.

That is why ground troops does posses such things as colored smoke grenades. You pop those to explained positions and you talk over the radio to the pilot that what is their situation. The CAS pilot does spend their most of the time looking outside, observing the terrain and the overall situation and they work with communication to the troops, not to one JTAC guy on the ground.

Where the JTAC is required, is when you actually need them to designate the target via laser.

But the most important thing really is the radio and the map, and understanding how to talk with the people on the ground. And that is the basic training of the every infantry in modern army, that everyone know how to use radios and how to explain things over radio.

That makes every single soldier on the ground capable to guide any fire support from pilots, artillery, MBT platoons etc of location of them or/and enemy.

There is no requirement for fancy systems on the aircraft, lasers etc to get effective support.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The JTAC and datalinks are one of the most overrated and hyped features there are.

For a CAS, pilot requires three things only.

1) A map to understand the terrain

2) A radio to contact troops on the ground

3) A visual cue where own troops are, or where the enemy are.

That is why ground troops does posses such things as colored smoke grenades. You pop those to explained positions and you talk over the radio to the pilot that what is their situation. The CAS pilot does spend their most of the time looking outside, observing the terrain and the overall situation and they work with communication to the troops, not to one JTAC guy on the ground.

Where the JTAC is required, is when you actually need them to designate the target via laser.

But the most important thing really is the radio and the map, and understanding how to talk with the people on the ground. And that is the basic training of the every infantry in modern army, that everyone know how to use radios and how to explain things over radio.

That makes every single soldier on the ground capable to guide any fire support from pilots, artillery, MBT platoons etc of location of them or/and enemy.

There is no requirement for fancy systems on the aircraft, lasers etc to get effective support.

So you think breaking every USMC procedure and standard and not accurately modeling real life, actually used systems is a good idea because you think they're too "fancy" and you don't "need" them. This is subjective language arguing against objective reality.

This is a slap in the face to the FAC guys. Calling in air support well takes special training. This is like saying they shouldn't have combat medics because every soldier should know some first aid.

Modern equipment and tactics (like the CAS package in the Harrier) greatly reduce fratricide, increase response times, and can reduce needed station times.

Also, not sure how a feature that exists in the real aircraft being modeled in a mil-sim is "over hyped". All major mission types should be modeled accurately because that is what DCS is all about. Your personal preferences should never be considered, only true to life accuracy. If you want to just use your eyes and maybe some radio, try a different aircraft. I know you're an eastern bloc guy, I honestly don't know how they do things, but this is how it's done in the USMC and so that's what it should be like in DCS Harrier.

• ED Team
Thanks guys for the info that is all I needed to know.

Good to hear, the AV-8B is a lot of fun, spent many hours online with friends with it. We hope you enjoy it!

Its not your fault in any kind.

Just every discussion about Razbam modules ends like that.

There is a small group here who are very vocal and derail threads like this one with personal gripes, when feedback becomes trolling it isn't welcome.

As the OP has made his purchase and is happy I will close this thread.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2