SEAFIRE MOD (Fully functional TAKEOFF and LANDING)

bmezz

SEAFIRE MOD (Fully functional TAKEOFF and LANDING)

I made some additions to the SpitfireLFMkIX lua file and PRESTO --- we now have a fully operational SEAFIRE.

I have only tested this with the HMS Victorious Mod:

MOD HSM-VICTORIOUS Eric and Patrick Version for Normandie

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3078917/?sphrase_id=16485533

***You need to be a little ‘creative’ in getting past the wires on takeoff. They will grab you (but they let you go) about 3 or 4 times. Once you get clear though its pretty easy to get enough speed in the Spit to get off the deck.

And for those of us who struggle to land the Spit on an airfield...just wait until you get a load of this! Lol. It takes some practice, but it can be done. All the wires appear to work! ***

I hope you all enjoy this one---it was actually really simple to modify. It adds some great range and mission options to this wonderful bird!

INSTALLATION:

Simply replace the SpitfireLFMkIX lua file with the one I uploaded. (Choose correct drive, mine is F:\)

F:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\CoreMods\WWII Units\SpitfireLFMkIX

SpitfireLFMkIX SEAFIRE MOD.zip

This mod works perfectly BUT once you've made the mission and saved it and flown it, you CANNOT go back into the ME and either adjust or change it, or the mission will not load in the ME. You'll need to go to Task Manager and end task of DCS.

To fly this mission again, just start DCS and select "Mission" rather than ME and try to get into the mission from the ME.

The same will happen when you've changed the P51 to allow it to spawn and fly from a carrier.

• 10 months later...

Did not install HSM-VICTORIOUS. Is it supposed to work with Stennis?

Tried it on Stennis. After multiple failed attempted traps I landed "normally" and then slowly taxied over the wires. Nothing happened. No "Hook" command I could find, so I assumed "hook" is always out. On spawning on Stennis, funny things happen in catapult position but I didn't explore that.

BUT once you've made the mission and saved it and flown it, you CANNOT go back into the ME and either adjust or change it, or the mission will not load in the ME.
Could go back into ME, adjust and re-save just fine.

I'd love to fly this to Stennis on Aerobatics Server (IC check off).

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

• 3 years later...

Hi there!

Just stumbled across this, installed Seafire and Victorious, and am having fun trying to land.

Question: While as a player I can take off and land (sort of...), the AI can land, but does not take off, it just keeps sitting there.

Any idea why that could be?