F-4E again pushed back?

AyrannoArman

You can assume it is cancelled. Because there is no timeline for it. They just say "sure we are going to make it in someday"

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

It was Wags' interview for the Fighter Pilot podcast, iirc F-4E and the Cobra were "on the list of projects we'd like to do" or words to that effect. Next project after the 16 has been the Hind for some time now IIRC. After the Hind I don't think there's anything scheduled for the core team, which might mean something like a comprehensive rework of assets given there'll be modellers with no project.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

Well that’s unfortunate. Another thing I just thought about is if the Phantom E will even be able to do carrier operations since the E didnt do such things

No tail hook. It's an air force version.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

And yeah, considering that's more than a decade ago now, it would pretty much count as cancelled, so not sure that's a good example at all :P

How is that not a good example? Evidently sometimes this is as long as it takes.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

So just to fuel random speculation.

ED has teams (a bit more normal ones than razbams idea of what that is). A modern fixed wing team. A helo team. A ww2 team.

So the mi24 will come after ka50 v3.0 and the ah1 after that.

A totally different team is doing the f18/16. Then the mystery module (f15c/mig/su/f22) then the f4e.

And the ww2 team doing whatever (maybe they could do the spad at some point and do korea and vn a solid)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I think there is no mystery module, it is the Mi-24 in my opinion, if you're talking about Wags' "an anticipated module" comment in one of those AMA/interviews. If there is anything more substantive about a mystery module, I'd like to see it.

To be fair, we don't know if AH-1 is after Mi-24, or is also on the backburner. So we may or may not get Phantom after Mi-24, but I somehow don't think it is the case. Well I would be highly disappointed if it came quick, but like how Hornet and Viper turned out to be, so in that sense I suppose it is better. I just hope when it comes, they stick with the variant they chose, it was THE best variant that can be chosen in my opinion.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

And yeah, considering that's more than a decade ago now, it would pretty much count as cancelled, so not sure that's a good example at all :P
Not cancelled at all since you have a Hornet and a Viper right now despite being postponed some 10 years ago, right? :lol:

Granted the F-4E was meant to be the next Belsimtek jet, granted that after rejoin of both teams their schedule changed and Phantom is postponed (and I was expecting it as much as anyone), but definitely nothing to do with the 10 years delay awaiting for official licenses and a technology capable of holding those two. The Phantom doesn't have such a problem now in DCS 2.5, I believe (well, who knows about licensing, but…).

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Oh fine, it has a sissy Chair Force hook but not the bold, rigid, Navy one with clean lines.
The very same sissy chair than Naval ones mate :lol: :lol: :lol: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Now I'm just looking forward to the F-8J by Magnitude and hoping it might be in open beta next Christmas.

I very much doubt that. It's still very early in its development. I would be suprised if it will be ready for EA for Christmas next year.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Definitely sad that they postponed the F-4E, was the module I bet most were looking forward to after the F-16.

Now I'm just looking forward to the F-8J by Magnitude and hoping it might be in open beta next Christmas.

Yeah I hoped it would be on this years plans for modules but atleast they talked about the F-15E