Considering buying

Bagpipe

I am considering finally buying the tomcat, cos why not you can never have too many modules not being learned right?

However, i have vowed not to buy a HB module until the Viggen gets the promised update this year ( running out of time and not a peep on that ).

Am i being too harsh on HB? Should i take the plunge regardless? Is it really worth the full whack?

Will the A version ever arrive if i am still waiting for the viggen update which has been talked about for apparently almost 2 years now?

Comments on a postcard please. :music_whistling:

IronMike has said multiple times that work on the Viggen continues but, last I heard, there are more people working on the F-14 due to its massive customer base. That's both why you may not get the Viggen update before Christmas and why the A is going hit early access in the not-too-distant future.

You may find yourself pleasantly surprised, and also: no, you are not being too harsh to us. Just know please, we never delay anything because we do not care, or because we're too lazy to get it on, simply time and ressources are the limiting factors as always, and that we try to deliver more features which keep us longer in the loop. That all said, reminding us of what we promise and what he have yet to deliver keeps us on our toes and is really appreciated.

Your principle is a good principle imo, and every customer's right. The only advice I can give, is to stick with it. We do not want EA to become an excuse for anything, ever. Thank you for holding us to higher standards, it humbles us and hopefully keeps us modest. I really mean that. :)

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

You may find yourself pleasantly surprised, and also: no, you are not being too harsh to us. Just know please, we never delay anything because we do not care, or because we're too lazy to get it on, simply time and ressources are the limiting factors as always, and that we try to deliver more features which keep us longer in the loop. That all said, reminding us of what we promise and what he have yet to deliver keeps us on our toes and is really appreciated.

Your principle is a good principle imo, and every customer's right. The only advice I can give, is to stick with it. We do not want EA to become an excuse for anything, ever. Thank you for holding us to higher standards, it humbles us and hopefully keeps us modest. I really mean that. :)

Get. This. Guy. A. Medal :thumbup::lol:

Now THAT'S a statement.

Who knows, maybe i get a Viggen update AND a Tomcat for Crimbo!? :pilotfly:

>>>> The HB F-14 is both a work of art and a home run in just about every way possible. But Heat Blur support, and the many many times Iron Mike has come across with no BS no excuse honest to the max responses to the community, is *the model* for all other module providers. All of them can benefit greatly from emulating HB and IM.

My buying decision of any future modules and especially EA ones, starts with the question: Is it from Heat Blur? If the answer is yes, I will click on the BUY button without hesitation. They are proven. Are they perfect? Who is. Do I trust them? Absolutely.

I'm certanly very apreciative of HB general treatment of the comunity and costumers. I Think the set a very good exemple on this subject. Also on the subject of releasing a EA module, they are better than most including ED.

I can't speak for the Viggen as I don't have it, even though it has always been a plane I'm apreciative of, maybe from my days of playing Fighter Bomber on the ZX Spectrum... I do plan to get it at some point but money doesn't stretch, so it's in the slow burner for now.

I can however speak for the Tomcat and even though it's still a bit ways of from finished, things left to implement, bugs, etc. What we have now is already great and amazing, I love learning this plane as a whole machine, really incredible.

So... no one can make that decision for you and I think no one can disrespect your decision if you decide not to buy at this time. But I think if there's a developer for DCS that IMO has come to deserve some slack because of the respect and also competence they have shown it's definitely Heatblur.

What can I say? I hate fanboyism, buy I'm really a Heatblur fan right now.

I am considering finally buying the tomcat, cos why not you can never have too many modules not being learned right?

However, i have vowed not to buy a HB module until the Viggen gets the promised update this year ( running out of time and not a peep on that ).

Am i being too harsh on HB? Should i take the plunge regardless? Is it really worth the full whack?

Will the A version ever arrive if i am still waiting for the viggen update which has been talked about for apparently almost 2 years now?

Comments on a postcard please. :music_whistling:

The notion of money value, changes from one person to another, so the clearest answer to the bold, is:

If you are an F-14 Tomcat enthusiast, you can be sure it is.

Other than that, this is actually the most feature complete and realistic sim of this aircraft, currently available.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

The notion of money value, changes from one person to another, so the clearest answer to the bold, is:

If you are an F-14 Tomcat enthusiast, you can be sure it is.

Other than that, this is actually the most feature complete and realistic sim of this aircraft, currently available.

The value argument gets even better considering this is actually TWO aircraft for the cost, PLUS a carrier module, a campaign..... and so on. Hard to not justify it IMO!

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --

I haven't flown the Viggen so I can't comment on that, BUT, the Tomcat is amazing. Easily my favorite module. If you fly in VR holy crap are you in for a treat. If she were a car, she'd be a Ferrari F-40. Greatest of an era before all the computer stuff took over in the newer models. It's a must buy. Simple as that.

And HB, respect for your reply.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I haven't flown the Viggen so I can't comment on that, BUT, the Tomcat is amazing. Easily my favorite module. If you fly in VR holy crap are you in for a treat. If she were a car, she'd be a Ferrari F-40. Greatest of an era before all the computer stuff took over in the newer models. It's a must buy. Simple as that.

And HB, respect for your reply.

No, she'd be a Pontiac Firebird, a Delorean, or maybe a Trans Am.

Dude, buy it. It's THE BEST module ever released in DCS, and it also happens to be the most legendary aircraft in history. If you hold off buying it, you're only punishing yourself, not HB.

Dude, buy it. It's THE BEST module ever released in DCS, and it also happens to be the most legendary aircraft in history. If you hold off buying it, you're only punishing yourself, not HB.

Exactly she's legendary. Like the F-40. Not a POS Trans Am or Firebird lol. The Delorean had no performance whatsoever.

:megalol::megalol: I like that analogy, will have to start syphoning funds into my private account so the wife doesnt notice when i do drop the hammer on it!

Exactly she's legendary. Like the F-40. Not a POS Trans Am or Firebird lol. The Delorean had no performance whatsoever.

The delorean can time travel and leaves flaming tyre tracks on the road man...:music_whistling:

Mate....i just saw the changelog....thank you :thumbup:

Serious serious hats off to you lot, haven't even read anything else just saw all the new features for the Vigg.

Agreed. Besides when the Tomcat debuted her systems were state of the art and even today she is still among the fastest fighter jets ever built.

F-5 is more like a Delorean though. Lol.

Modules - F-18, F-16, Spitfire, F-5, Supercarrier, F-14, A10-C, MiG-21, Huey

Mate....i just saw the changelog....thank you :thumbup:

Serious serious hats off to you lot, haven't even read anything else just saw all the new features for the Vigg.

Our pleasure, sorry we kept you waiting so long. :)

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, got the 'cat and really enjoying it so far. Really threw me off at first with how weighty it felt but once you hone in on it, it's really quite something. Really enjoying the Viggen aswell with the updates.

Good job HB, now let's see some of that F14A action...lol (never satisfied, ho-hum)

If you have a FFB input device I advise you give it a miss sadly..developers seem uninterested in looking into huge input lag among other FFB related issues.

Why are you hi-jacking a complete thread to add negativity? If you have an issue with HB then post your own topic in the bug section please, or contact them directly.

I bought the module and couldn't be happier with what i have seen, you're like the sad kid at a party right now man :lol:

If you have a FFB input device I advise you give it a miss sadly..developers seem uninterested in looking into huge input lag among other FFB related issues.

Interesting, didn't realize it myself, and frankly Tomcat feels like it has some of the best FFB implementations among DCS modules.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script