Heatblur Development Update - Thunder & Cat

Cobra847

The Cat is my favorite module, hands down. Even though the systems are archaic compared to the Hornet, every flight puts a big smile on my face.

I agree. It is my favorite as well. Although I don't find the systems to be too much of a problem. To me they are good enough to still be useful.

Modules - F-18, F-16, Spitfire, F-5, Supercarrier, F-14, A10-C, MiG-21, Huey

Finally got the module on the first day of the Christmas sale. Have always loved this plane and it's a dream to be flying it in a realistic sim. That said, very hard for me to do the cold start since it's all but impossible for me to read the Master Test switch in VR (never really had a problem in the Hornet). I was able to land on an airfield, though quite a bit more challenging.

Love the acceleration in this plane, though definitely wish we had seen Super Tomcat 21, etc since the HUD is quite minimal and one could well imagine 2-3 MFD replacing some of the analog gauges...

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Finally got the module on the first day of the Christmas sale. Have always loved this plane and it's a dream to be flying it in a realistic sim. That said, very hard for me to do the cold start since it's all but impossible for me to read the Master Test switch in VR (never really had a problem in the Hornet). I was able to land on an airfield, though quite a bit more challenging.

Love the acceleration in this plane, though definitely wish we had seen Super Tomcat 21, etc since the HUD is quite minimal and one could well imagine 2-3 MFD replacing some of the analog gauges...

The Tomcat takes getting used to. I have yet to get it really down with the Tomcat having been used to modern avionics all my flight sim life.

Flight system was tough for me initially but HB has really improved the flight dynamic now as she is pretty easy and stable to control now.

Weathered cockpit is very subjective topic for the Tomcat. A huge number like as it is while some like me still prefer an averagely weathered cockpit like the old A-10C and the Hornet where cockpit labeling are not compromised.

This is less of an issue now as I have gotten to memorize those test switches and there is a cockpit mod out there that gives readable cockpit text and labeling. Not sure you can use the mod if you fly online.

However, the Tomcat is a huge project by HB. A lot to play with here.

Enjoying your Tomcat. Cheers.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Yeah, my main issue right now is keep going into spins if my maneuver is too aggressive, so gotta remember to be more mild... yet not timid, so trying to learn where the line is.

I like the weathering and the cockpit is gorgeous with the taste of realism... I just would prefer it didn't inhibit the functionality for someone new who doesn't already have the switchology and muscle memory memorized.

I'm nowhere near brave enough to go online yet, not even with the Hornet but having a blast learning them and just taking off, navigating, landing, and doing practice bombs and gunnery. May have to try the mod.

The Tomcat takes getting used to. I have yet to get it really down with the Tomcat having been used to modern avionics all my flight sim life.

Flight system was tough for me initially but HB has really improved the flight dynamic now as she is pretty easy and stable to control now.

Weathered cockpit is very subjective topic for the Tomcat. A huge number like as it is while some like me still prefer an averagely weathered cockpit like the old A-10C and the Hornet where cockpit labeling are not compromised.

This is less of an issue now as I have gotten to memorize those test switches and there is a cockpit mod out there that gives readable cockpit text and labeling. Not sure you can use the mod if you fly online.

However, the Tomcat is a huge project by HB. A lot to play with here.

Enjoying your Tomcat. Cheers.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Yeah, my main issue right now is keep going into spins if my maneuver is too aggressive, so gotta remember to be more mild... yet not timid, so trying to learn where the line is.

I like the weathering and the cockpit is gorgeous with the taste of realism... I just would prefer it didn't inhibit the functionality for someone new who doesn't already have the switchology and muscle memory memorized.

I'm nowhere near brave enough to go online yet, not even with the Hornet but having a blast learning them and just taking off, navigating, landing, and doing practice bombs and gunnery. May have to try the mod.

You couldn't be more right as far as I am concern.

This cockpit mod works really well.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304383/

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Hello everybody,

First I have to say that I got my information from the book 'Grumman F-14 Tomcat' by Tony Holmes (I have to admit, I wanted to learn more about this machine through the DCS Tomcat. So I have to buy this book.) Here it is that the F-14B had a HUD, could drop JDAMs and the WSO had a 20x20cm display. I don't know if the F-14B has gotten this gradually through upgrades or had it from the beginning, but is there a possibility that the DCS Tomcat will get these things as well?

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Here it is that the F-14B had a HUD, could drop JDAMs and the WSO had a 20x20cm display. I don't know if the F-14B has gotten this gradually through upgrades or had it from the beginning, but is there a possibility that the DCS Tomcat will get these things as well?

We already have GBUs, RIO's circular display is around that size and we have a HUD. What do you mean exactly?

The next in line is F-14A so no newer toys.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Hope for a HB Tornado IDS with a German WSO Ki,like the F14B,but we need Pilots in VR before for the Empty Cockpit

Merry Christmas

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

We already have GBUs, RIO's circular display is around that size and we have a HUD. What do you mean exactly?

He probably means an updated -14B from the early 00s with the Sparrowhawk HUD and JDAM integration. We have already been told repeatedly that those features will not be part of the module.

I'm talking about JDAMs. Not GBUs. I know that the DCS Tomcat can throw GUBs. On the other hand, our current DCS Tomcat has a front cockpit (like the F-14A). While the B variant had a conventional HUD. Okay, sorry about the 20x20 PTID. That was only the D variant.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I'm talking about JDAMs. Not GBUs. I know that the DCS Tomcat can throw GUBs. On the other hand, our current DCS Tomcat has a front cockpit (like the F-14A). While the B variant had a conventional HUD. Okay, sorry about the 20x20 PTID. That was only the D variant.

Hi Kotor - not all Bs had the sparrowhawk upgrade that added the modern HUD that you are referring to. As noted, we aren’t getting the Sparrowhawk version on the Tomcat.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I was looking. Hopefully soon. I want the Forrestal more than the A, though some high viz VF-84 would be right up my alley, too.

Specs & Wishlist:

Art

The art team has been prioritizing the completion of some of the bigger workstreams that currently remain for this part of the product. These include the completion of the Forrestal class carriers (yes- still shipping for free for all!), the F-14A engine nacelles, nozzles and other adjustments, the A-6 (and future KA-6), and much more.

Some of the critical elements still outstanding that are due to ship very soon include the digital EGIT, various minor corrections and fixes, correcting the custom cockpit option, new afterburners, and several other high priority items. The Forrestal class carriers will launch later this year. Get ready to land on a real postage stamp!

Some of the features that will
launch in Q4
include;

• Corrected Custom cockpit options

• Digital EGIT (-B)

• Forrestal Class Carrier

• Various tweaks, adjustments & fixes (holes, smoothing errors, etc.)

• The dreaded HGU-33 visor knob.

It was Q4 2019 or 2020?

Bye

Phant

AMVI

Thanks for posting that. That's what I imagined it should look like, but was having trouble finding an actual photo of it.

That's actually a screen-grab from a video. I dont know if there are any photos out there specifically showing the engine instruments of the D/B.

It was Q4 2019 or 2020?

Bye

Phant

Q4 2019, unfortunately, due to several circumstances as explained in the last mini update, we had to push most of this back. Our apologies for that.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/