Fixed sights don't show up on HUD

firmek

It might be that I'm doing something wrong as I'm still trying to get my head around how the things work in Viggen.

After entering 211 in TAKT mode the aiming sight on the HUD doesn't show up.

When switching to unsafe in NAV mode or setting ANF mode HUD becomes blank.

In 210 mode HUD works fine.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

• 3 weeks later...

+1

Same here - entering 211 in CK-37: TAKT/IN, in master mode ANF or NAV (after un-safing weapon), weapon selector on ATTACK, the HUD is totally blank. If in NAV mode, and you re-safe the weapon you get the usual navigation HUD symbology as expected.

Was trying with 4*ARAK rocket pods loaded. I increased speed to M0.8 (and a little beyond), figuring maybe the sight would only turn on once I passed that speed threshold as well as starting my dive to an angle of ~7 degrees, as stated. No single ring was shown.

From page 284 of the beta Viggen manual:

=======================================

Backup and fixed sight

In case of primary data failure (main pitot system), or if the mode is selected manually, a fixed

sight will be displayed. Only a single ring depressed to a specific angle is shown. The pilot will

have to fly according to the parameters below in order to hit the target aimed at using the sight.

The sight ring is 0.5° in diameter, which corresponds to 8.7 milliradians.

The sight mode may be activated via Input address 21, value 1 (211) in TAKT/ IN for ARAK,

AKAN (A/G), Bombs, and RB 75.

Please refer to the data input/ output chapter of the procedures section.

Rocket pods (ARAK)

Sight depression 2.8° with altitude fusing

Sight depression 2.3° without altitude fusing

Dive angle 7°,

Speed M0.8,

Distance 1500 metres.

Edited by 609_Relentov

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping - can anyone from LN acknowledge if they are aware of this bug - of if we are doing something wrong with the steps to show the fixed sight? Hoping it's reproducible for them and that its being addressed. It would be nice if the fixed sight was displayed as sometimes targets of opportunity would be worth hitting but there's limited time to figure out the QFE, etc.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Hi! I fixed this issue now. It was modeled but there was a bug making the sight not display. Thanks for reminding me!

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.