DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

It was supposed to be, but something didn't transfer over correctly, what it will take to fix, I am not sure, so best to assume it will slide to the next update.

Ugh... branch merge conflicts... Yea, no fun. Had a couple of them on smaller projects and they can be a pain to sort out.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very frustrating and upsetting news.

Not really. You still have a working DCS, it stills runs fine in VR, and we’ve been using VR as it currently is for years.

So what’s frustrating about missing a improvement that we haven’t needed for years. Yes it will be fantastic when it turns up, and might mean we can go up a notch or two in the graphical settings,

But it being delayed isn’t going to make any difference to your current enjoyment of DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

What Chizh giveth, Nineline taketh away! Haha!

As Wags always sais: "Everything is subject to change."

I see his statement as a way to control expectations and/or looking at it as worse case. Those guys should be almost ready for bed by now, but if they're still up working then kudos to the team for their dedication!

They indeed are very dedicated. It's not just their job, but it's their life, at least a very big part of it. A great bunch of aviation and flightsim geeks ajmug.png

And always keep in mind, they're the very last ones who want anything they do to be delayed dealwithit.png

Nevertheless they'll have some extra time off well deserved afterwards twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I stayed up all night waiting to update my server and still no update REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Kidding. I was up working on other things while waiting. You all take your time, I rather it be late and working than rushed because people want it now, but broken. So thanks for the work!

Damn, that's tough. Although I appreciate the effort, I feel pretty bad about the devs working through the night. After all DCS is still just a game and waiting till the next day wouldn't be the end of the world. Even devs have lives of their own and that's important too.

+1

I'd rather they get it right the first time then try to fix problems on the fly to meet some "deadline". If it means a couple more weeks then so be it.

Another week or two is reasonably fine with me.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

My Reverb hasn't shipped so I'm good. For all we know, some Bamboo/Jenkins job failed. Won't be the first time it delayed a release.

And as someone posted earlier....it is just a game. It's not like we're talking about an SAP upgrade! :)

Edited by hansangb
added "not"

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

And as someone posted earlier....it is just a game.

Just a game??? Are you serious? :smilewink:

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yep. Even ED declares it as a game.

I was attempting humour!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

yes.

It may be a game.

A VERY good game.

One that we all love very much.

I'm more than a little disappointed that the update didn't go to plan but hey. It will soon and I'm sure we will enjoy the results greatly.

I believe we (you know? Us. The fans!) need to remember that the guys at ED would hate to see their work be delayed by some erroneous glitch. If only not to be the subjects of our displeasure!

They're working their butts off to give us the best flight sim there is at every opportunity. Let's NOT flame them for doing their best because we don't want to discourage them from continuing their great work!

I would much prefer a fully cooked update when the temperature is right, sometime in the future rather than a half baked one now!

| FC3 | KA-50 | A-10C | MIG-21Bis | F-86F | UH-1H | HAWK T.1A | F/A-18C | AV-8B N\A | F-14B | F-16C | AJS-37 | CA | NEVADA | PERSIAN GULF | SUPER CARRIER | SYRIA

From ED Discord:

Groove today at 09:52

We have a new built and test it internally right now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

From ED Discord:

Groove today at 09:52

We have a new built and test it internally right now.

Good news, thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Just to clarify, there was no mention in the changelog of the VR enhancement, was that introduced?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Just to clarify, there was no mention in the changelog of the VR enhancement, was that introduced?

Only sign: Video rendering. Eliminated the memory leaks

But what made me happy is new option to scale text in game - means, i could finally see long text to the end in VR? I hope so. :-)

Edit: The VR improvement was bound to maps, there is no map changes, so VR optimalization probably didnt make it today.

Edited by Wexler

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Come off it, ED expect me to read that much content in the change logs? What kind of operation is this? Will somebody please read it for me and be outraged on my behalf.

;)

Nice update today, I'm looking forward to trying out the new FW190 and seeing what else has been improved.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

Nineline can you clarify if the 50% VR boost is in the update? Thanks. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

we can see for ourselves in a bit.

refresh.. refresh... refresh...

I am at work. I desperatly want this to know as soon as anybody knows this. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly: