Mission 3 - Fail - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-02-2020, 12:49 PM   #1
LooseSeal

Default Mission 3 - Fail

Hey Glyn,

I was doing mission 3 and I'd just destroyed the Geckos and artillery when instructed to go to tanker. I input the Tacan and began a turn towards the tanker. I mean, it was a leisurely turn, I admit, but maybe I went too far away from the tanker and I got a mission fail notification saying "You did not complete the second task" or similar.

It's just my opinion, of course, but I think if that fail is related to being too far from the tanker then maybe it should change or the distance increased? I think I was 17 miles away when I failed. I egressed west after launching my final maverick so I was already a good bit away from the tanker when I received the message.

By the way! I finally got past mission 1! Haha. Turned out a lot of my issues were the Frogfoots going defensive on me after firing the rockets but before getting to the runway midpoint and therefore their immortality never turned off. Hopefully that will be solved for others in the update :-)
- Installed on SSD
- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR
LooseSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 01:54 PM   #2
Glyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseSeal View Post
Hey Glyn,

I was doing mission 3 and I'd just destroyed the Geckos and artillery when instructed to go to tanker. I input the Tacan and began a turn towards the tanker. I mean, it was a leisurely turn, I admit, but maybe I went too far away from the tanker and I got a mission fail notification saying "You did not complete the second task" or similar.

It's just my opinion, of course, but I think if that fail is related to being too far from the tanker then maybe it should change or the distance increased? I think I was 17 miles away when I failed. I egressed west after launching my final maverick so I was already a good bit away from the tanker when I received the message.

By the way! I finally got past mission 1! Haha. Turned out a lot of my issues were the Frogfoots going defensive on me after firing the rockets but before getting to the runway midpoint and therefore their immortality never turned off. Hopefully that will be solved for others in the update :-)
Thanks for that. I will check it out. Yes when the revised mission 1 is issued it will be much more straight forward.
I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.
Glyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 04:18 PM   #3
Glyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseSeal View Post
Hey Glyn,

Hi thanks for the feed back. I have now looked into it. Yes by drifting that far to the west you had hit another trigger zone which caused the problem so when you eventually headed to the tanker it was seen as a fail for the second task. Not your problem though I have updated the mission. it shouldn't happen again in the revised mission when issued.
I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:05 PM   #4
LooseSeal

Good to hear! Thanks for listening!
- Installed on SSD
- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR
LooseSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:39 AM   #5
xnomad

Oof Misson 3 is hard. If you miss the houses with your single MK 83 then it's game over. You can't strafe the houses and doesn't appear to be a way to continue as you have no AG weapons left.

I missed the houses twice there must be wind blowing from the East as I miss just short by maybe 3 metres? I even put a bit of lead the second time and still missed. :-( Looks like you have to hit them right on the bullseye.

I thought I'd just fast forward a replay and take control but the replay is bust and has me rolling over into the dirt just before the SAM sites. :-(
xnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 02:44 PM   #6
Glyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnomad View Post
Oof Misson 3 is hard. If you miss the houses with your single MK 83 then it's game over. You can't strafe the houses and doesn't appear to be a way to continue as you have no AG weapons left.

I missed the houses twice there must be wind blowing from the East as I miss just short by maybe 3 metres? I even put a bit of lead the second time and still missed. :-( Looks like you have to hit them right on the bullseye.

I thought I'd just fast forward a replay and take control but the replay is bust and has me rolling over into the dirt just before the SAM sites. :-(
Hi, comment below

Spoiler:

To be honest the spare Mk83 is a bonus. The challenge for this part of the mission having carried out your main task is to deal with a second call to help the convoy without the ideal weapons. You have to use your gun but the buildings are arms stores so it won’t take much. All you need is two gun shells in each house. But an added complication is the manpad standing just to the south east of the houses to deal with.

I will fly it again to make sure all is correct.

Last edited by Glyn; 08-04-2020 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:20 PM   #7
squid509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyn View Post
Hi, comment below

Spoiler:

To be honest the spare Mk83 is a bonus. The challenge for this part of the mission having carried out your main task is to deal with a second call to help the convoy without the ideal weapons. You have to use your gun but the buildings are arms stores so it won’t take much. All you need is two gun shells in each house. But an added complication is the manpad standing just to the south east of the houses to deal with.

I will fly it again to make sure all is correct.
Spoiler:
it was flew that mission both in normal and EZAAR and found that it takes more than 2 gun rounds to take down those houses i have the tacview files if you want them
squid509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:31 PM   #8
Glyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid509 View Post
Spoiler:
it was flew that mission both in normal and EZAAR and found that it takes more than 2 gun rounds to take down those houses i have the tacview files if you want them
Comment

Spoiler:
No thats ok your right. It should be that way but I think things have changed maybe in updates some how. I flew it today to check and it was much harder than I remember, In any event I have revised this also so it will be much easier to take out the houses now.

Thanks