How to create a refuel / rearm point on the side of the road?

Kroll

Hello,

I'm trying to launch a few Harriers from the road. What vehicles do I need next to the road? Will this work? If I put a FARP in the grass next to the road but launch and land on the road will I be able to refuel? I can't stand how the Farp is puffed up.

I know there was a cool mod. My understanding is that is doesn't work in 2.5. Razbam is it possible to make some Harrier specific FARPs?

Hello,

I'm trying to launch a few Harriers from the road. What vehicles do I need next to the road? Will this work? If I put a FARP in the grass next to the road but launch and land on the road will I be able to refuel? I can't stand how the Farp is puffed up.

I know there was a cool mod. My understanding is that is doesn't work in 2.5. Razbam is it possible to make some Harrier specific FARPs?

Well, I guess a great number of mission builders would love to get a simple "Refuel-Zone" or the new single pad FARP without the goddamn FARP hill... I personally had high hopes for the "Grass Airfield", but it seems I can't get that to work as an Airfield/FARP/Refuel point either.

The most simple thing to solve this, would be for ED to give us a Zone that allows for the rearm/refuel dialogue to work when a unit is landed in that zone. The rest can be handled by the mission designer.

A landing "T" texture to mark a landing zone would be a coil add on, but it would be icing on the cake.

We just need the option to open a refuel/reload dialogue in a zone we can freely put anywhere.

Together with "start from ground" for all helos and Harriers, AJS37 Viggen or any plane, that would give us limitless options for forward operations, improvised airfields and refueling points.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The Viggen has this... you setup an humveee and a refuel truck by the side of a road, and you can refuel rearm by the road side ;)

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

The Viggen has this... you setup an humveee and a refuel truck by the side of a road, and you can refuel rearm by the road side ;)

Interesting! Can we get a little more detail on the set up of the Humvee and the fuel truck i.e. the USA fuel truck is the " Tanker M978 HEMTT" do we just have to inject those in the mission near the road or near by if using a grass airfield? Do we need to do any special triggered actions?

I think this is a great topic for the abilities of the Harrier!

Thanks in advanced

16th Mojeaux

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting! Can we get a little more detail on the set up of the Humvee and the fuel truck i.e. the USA fuel truck is the " Tanker M978 HEMTT" do we just have to inject those in the mission near the road or near by if using a grass airfield? Do we need to do any special triggered actions?

I think this is a great topic for the abilities of the Harrier!

Thanks in advanced

16th Mojeaux

It is a specific "workaround" for the AJS37 Viggen, by Leatherneck. The AV-8B Harrier does not work with it, neither do the grass-airfields, at least not yet.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Shagrat,

Can you please what vehicles for the Viggen. I couldn't get it to work with the Viggen. Razbam can you please do the same thing.

Thanks

Have a look at the original guide:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=185826

P.S. ...and I would rather have ED implement a simple "FARP-Zone" than every 3rd party invent their own "refueling/rearming workaround". This should be part of the normal world and not related to specific aircraft.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

So what needs to be placed in order to rearm/refuel the Harrier roadside?
You can't! It is a specific option hard coded into the AJS-37 Viggen module.

You can land the AV-8B on a FARP (equipped with a Humvee, M818, and Tanker). Then land the AV-8B on the FARP.

It worked in 1.5.8 after early access release.

To test if the FARP is setup correctly, you can use a helicopter if you have one and try rearming/refueling.

Edit - the FARP command post, Ammo Storage tent and Fuel depot should work as well.

Shagrat

You can also place a single helo landingpad.

Regards Intruder

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A| Case: Thermaltake Overseer RX-I | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80+ GOLD, 1300W| Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | CPU: Intel Core i9 9900KS @5 GHz | CPU-Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Tower Cooler | RAM: 32GB G.Skill F4-4133C17-8GTZR | GPU:NVIDIA GeForce RTX4090 OC 24GB |SSD: Samsung SSD 860 M.2 1TB | Keyboard: Logitech G110 | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Gaming Devices: Hotas WW Orion 2 Stick&Throttle, Thrustmaster MFD, Pimax Crystal, Stream Deck XL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...

Im a trying to do this for some helos. but cannot get this to work. Im trying to land them in an LZ. i have all the vehihcles there set radion freqs and evey thing. but nothing on Interphone Vhf or UHf on the freaq and nothing rearm refuel window. please help as to what im doing wrong

You MUST use a FARP. That's what a FARP does.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Yes, if you want to operate from a road you need a marsden mat square abbutted agains the road that you can roll onto it. But you also still need a fuel and ammo truck and a vehicle with a radio, although you also set a frequency on the mat itself -- not sure what the deal with that is.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

You cannot taxi on or off of a FARP, which restricts you to vertical operations.

Amazing that we don't have something like the Marston Mat Mod in the stock game so that we can build improvised airfields into missions.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222775&page=5

You can actually use the large green area around the pads. If you land there you can still refuel and rearm. This enables you to carry a lot more than with pure VTO. The attached picture shows how I've used it. But yes, we need a more practical way to do it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=242867&stc=1&d=1595167010

Screen_200116_002223.thumb.png.f69b03c475c7a6c290be98e61013350a.png

.. until you are in MP and the tactical commander parks his fuel and ammo trucks on the green strip, or other Harriers park there.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

It is relatively simple with some MODs, imagination and a working knowledge of the ME. I use roadside FOBS all the time in a similar fashion as used in Germany by the RAF dispersing their Harriers to temporary FOBs in woods etc...

Mods in these pictures are from Upuaurt, Suntag, Dezimm and a bit of Gizzy's angel dust....

All are fully functional, Harrier & Helos, spawn under cover off road, taxi onto the road and take off with near max loads.... Landings are generally RVLs on the road. Repair / Refuel / Arm by the tenders roadside. Mobile Tacan too though not sure they were about 1980's.

All are MP only on RAFAIR UK's and 1 SQN servers.

screen36.jpg

screen19.png

screen20.png

screen18.png

Edited by Gizzy

SIGBLOCK.png