"sound-radar"...official opinion on it?

"sound-radar"...official opinion on it?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. "sound-radar"...official opinion on it?

• i like it, please keep it
    • i dont like it, dont think its realistic, please get rid of it

:megalol: your 12 hours and 3 kills on Burning Skies suggest you need to fly more and not in the forum :megalol:

Btw if you are going to link one of my videos for sound comparison at least pick one where im flying the same plane.

Go to 25.13 of the video, only engine i can really hear is the mustang im flying

don't use my words...try to be original:D

LOL:lol:...i'm not here to say i'm the best, my "ACE" in the nick is ironic and to be the first in the BURNING SKY ranking is not a point in my life (if I understood well you did, then you thought that for me it was an offense), and i fly on the spit only from two week,may be 3 and on burning sky server from 12 hours with the spit(this month...man you spend the time of your life to see my statistics :megalol:)...give me time...you are on the 190 from the release (about) and yet forget to check 6... :pilotfly:

At the end ... what you want? What is your solution?

You can only give offense (but don't worry all in big laugh here) or you want only the last word,say you are the best, saying we are not cheater but we use the sound like a radar (is not the same? Don't hide yourself behind a finger,is still offensive)?

Can you stop yourself to watch the situation and say what you really want or you want really end in a way where your dick is longer than mine?

This is the sound when you put the finger on the ranking...some times there is my nephew at the joystick :joystick: can i or i have to say he <<oh my god...the ranking...>>

But please...

A question forgetting what was said earlier until ED remove the sound option you talk:

For you we must play with exterior sound to what level to be "legal"?

My level is at 10% is to high for you?

We speak about this problem (?!?)seriously in our squadron,cause after all every cheat or pseudo cheat is not allowed, for us is not a problem shut down all the external sound.

Is this a good solution for you or not?

Please reply seriously.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol That escalated quickly..

Even the heated FM and fuel discussions were done with more respect and dignity. What a bunch of bs..

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Can...c-can we get back on track one-hundred percent, now?

IMO, if you can't hear other aircraft when your own engine is running, then it should be that way in DCS as well.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

What a bunch of bs.

Just another wannabe pilot girlie's handbag war, these come and go. They're as boring as they're stupid, but who cares? They hold no value whatsoever, so just ignore the BS.

Anyway, I too would like to see this fixed.

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Even the heated FM and fuel discussions were done with more respect and dignity. What a bunch of bs..

lol.. yup!

The thing is, this topic (not the ace-v-ace bits) is actually quite interesting.

It seems to be one of those aspects of flight simming that are very heavily influenced (pehaps unwittingly) by hollywood. We've seen countless movies where enemy aircraft ae heard zooming around the "hero". It's got stuck in our heads that other aircraft are audible, without a real examination of sound physics.

What's even more strange here is that this problem could be resolved simply by asking people who do formation and display flying in these aircraft now! . . .

I'd like to see a fix for this that both (1) relfects reality and (2) puts and end to opportunities for people to snipe at each other's game play.

This one is for the devs.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

I agree phill, although I think that there are many other issues with the sound system. For example, buzzer for the radar or closed throttle is louder than 6x .50cals.

I think that some things need compromise. Especially that the sound design should complement gameplay. We do not have the feeling of the plane, so we cannot react to slight vibrations, but we can use sound to substitute that.

IMHO sounds of systems should be audible such as: gear opening/closing, ground roll, hits on the plane, flap deployment, weapons firing, switches being used, buffeting, high speed vibrations, high g stress on the airframe.

These sounds are to be pronounces not because of Hollywood, but because they have a purpose in game design and make up for the lack of others senses that humans have but games do not support.

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Nothing like a thread in which mature people discuss elegantly and with well-founded arguments about who is the ACEiest pilot.

I personally think the pilot shouldn't hear any external sounds, it really is kind of cheating

Can...c-can we get back on track one-hundred percent, now?

IMO, if you can't hear other aircraft when your own engine is running, then it should be that way in DCS as well.

Just another wannabe pilot girlie's handbag war, these come and go. They're as boring as they're stupid, but who cares? They hold no value whatsoever, so just ignore the BS.

Anyway, I too would like to see this fixed.

Well, = TIA = support the zero-outside sound solution, with or without fix fixes or future patches.

Since it is a cause for concern for some, whether they are skilled or not.

If someone wants to insist on this road that runs along it alone, no more reply about.

I hope that's enough for everyone, reiterating that we have never benefited from the sound, but training all the holy days to watch the six o'clock at the right time and watching the tracks on TACVIEW and learning from our mistakes.

Thank you for bringing the tones back to a more mature level.

These sounds are to be pronounces not because of Hollywood, but because they have a purpose in game design and make up for the lack of others senses that humans have but games do not support.

The right point i think, for example...how many high-G turn can withstand a pilot in a real dog fight?

For the lovers of realism a big news: from 1 to 3 minutes (about the leght of a redbull air race competition).

In game the solution is simple: learn avoid the g-lock one istant before it comes, yes looking through a small but clear circular area,whenever you want and not for only 3 mins.

Want a life-bar like in the '80 videogames or is better balance the game for example with the sound?

I think,in the ED intentions,less experienced riders would be less frustrated at the beginning.

But honestly after 10 years of Il2 1946, six years on Cliff of Dover, three on DCS, the sound is really superfluous and I do not even care.

Why?

Because do not you ever find me one at 6 am without knowing he was there, most of the time because strategically there is just to be killed by my wingman.

Edited by THE_ITALIAN_ACE

Well, I personally don't really care one way or another since I'm a groundpounder, meaning I'm probably dead _anyway_ if the fighter cover isn't there. But I'd still like to see this fixed just for the sake of realism...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Like what module?

I'm asking cause i never use this mod.

I've only spit,p51,f5,fc3 planes.

And why is needed?

Like, all the WWII modules. The default sounds are stale, and don't make you orgasm like diveplane's sound mods do.
Edited by Magic Zach

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Read the 12th paragraph from the top, page 1, as to "spot-on" as to DCS being accurate with their modeling.

I read it, and I'm not sure what you're trying to say. As you directed this as a reply to my post, I can only assume you're contradicting my statement that the "sound radar" is unrealistic.

Well, here's the word from Yo-Yo himself:

You are definetely right but please keep in mind that in-game sound engine can not operate exactly as in RL. There are some limitation to the sound level, dynamic range, etc, etc. As we have it the overall balance is a compromise to have believable sound either for distant sources or the close sources.

The quote's from this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94347

In case you aren't aware, Yo-Yo is Eagle Dynamics' physics engineer.

I would strongly suggest to those of you who are opening their mouths to argue with me (e.g. "There, see, it has to be this way because there's no choice"), that you first read the rest of that (short) thread. Otherwise, it's just gonna be more copy-paste quoting needed. The problem is clear; everyone who knows a thing about the subject realizes it. And there is a clear and easy solution.

the sound is really superfluous and I do not even care.

Why?

Because do not you ever find me one at 6 am without knowing he was there

And what of all the green pilots who are not paying attention to their six, and yet who are (unrealistically) alerted of the ace sneaking up behind them? This is what I was alluding to earlier with my comment about Richthofen. So many (most?) of the real aces favored, recommended, and gained most of their kills with the short-range sneak attack method. They could not have done so in DCS, with its unrealistic sound propagation.

Look, I don't even have a vested interest in this. My own success rate would go down with this fix, not up. I'm a dogfighter, not a hit-and-run guy. Moreover, without TrackIR, I struggle to keep a proper eye on my own six. I get backstabbed far more often than I backstab. But a great flight simulator ought to be a great flight simulator, not a great flight simulator with a glaring error. One's personal success rate should not be a factor in considering whether or not an error in the simulation should be fixed. [looks at SlipBall]

Edited by Echo38
  • Like 1

This farce has lasted too much,

I did a lot of video with these sound because I was very very far from my mind that these sound and levels could be so interpreted.

If I had with malicious intentions, I would never have published such a video, do not you think so?

And all of these are visible to everyone, from many months too.

Instead to tell me about, or very SIMPLY tell me to modify these sound because COULD help my performance, started this shamestorm against me with downvote and bad words.

I think to be reasonable guy.

"Hey porco, I see your videos, I think that your sound so loud could help you!"

"Damn, never tought! I provide immediatly"

You was judge, gran jury and executioner, without having the rights.

Heavy insult without reasons that you can see on my video, thanks you all.

And about? about sound levels ingame? Or mod used until 2 months ago that ALL used in the server?

I'm totally sure to have nothing to reproach, also because I think that my performance (that are visibile to everyone) are very far from the perfection.

If you think that this could help me so deep, and goes to bed so quiet, isn't my problem, believe it.

I continue to play, have a fun with my friends of the 2 sides and for the hour that play here evade of the real life.

And anyway, I love you all

Guys that lose most of the time, are the guys claiming, "Cheater!" .

Fact is, these guys go into a fight not thinking clearly and acting foolish is why they get shot down frequently.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the spirit of this thread, maybe some more, fresh formation flyin' footage, with P&W R2800 planes recorded from the P-51. With Airailimages channel (next to Voodoo1650 one), you can't get better sound quality than that on the whole youtube.

75YeKx4NwNU

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

It would have K-4 on the side.......

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

Watching the take offs at the end, with the right side cross wind was pretty cool. I could see how they had to fight side to side. I don't feel so sloppy, now.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

• 5 weeks later...
Good news everyone, ED is working on the sound radar issue. No ETA for the fix, but it is coming.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA