How to get 3-position flap control with TM Warthog Throttle? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-22-2016, 02:13 PM   #11
Art-J+
Posting Rights Suspended

Nah, it has a third, takeoff position as well. But there's no separate key assignment option for it, and no "flaps down one notch" option either, so I can see why some folks would like to edit controls like in Fw-190.
Art-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:25 AM   #12
decipher

heads up for everyone who is interested. it seems like they added this to the latest 1.5.4 openbeta udpate! i now have an option for "flaps up" "flaps down" that when assigned to a three way switch, toggle it perfectly like with A10C.

up, middle, down. very nice little addition. thanks ED for adding this

(quick note: i had to clear my old flaps button assignments and restart DCS, then i was able to re-assign the new flap toggle shortcuts - this way you can keep all your other shortcut assignments...)
decipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #13
dallas48

Hi decipher
Thanks for sharing that.
dallas48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:16 AM   #14
Burnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthir View Post
Guys any idea for SU-25T 3-position flap setup?
DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\Su-25T\Input\su-25T\joystick\default.lua
add these lines:

--Alternate Flaps
{down=iCommandPlaneFlapsOff,up=iCommandPlaneFlaps,name='Flaps Up - Alternate',category='Systems'},
{down=iCommandPlaneFlapsOn,up=iCommandPlaneFlaps,name='Flaps Down - Alternate',category='Systems'},

bind your controls to these new commands ingame.
Burnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:29 PM   #15
Tucano_uy

Rather insist on the developers to create proper profiles for the TM Warthog...
Intel i5-3570K, Win 8.1Pro, EVGA GTX660Ti, 8Gb RAM, Strontium 128Mb SDD, 2TB HDD, (x2) Samsung SyncMaster 1680 x 1050, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek PRO Flight Combat rudder pedals, Cougar MFD Pack.
Tucano_uy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 11:17 PM   #16
TraxusIV

Is there a effect these changes by editing the individual controller settings file in the saved games folder? e.g. C:\Users\Traxus\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Input\F-15C\joystick\Throttle - HOTAS Warthog{gobbledegook}.diff.lua

I'd like to assign ILS navigation mode to the middle position of the boat switch, but don't want to have to keep making the edits every time there is an update.

Thanks

T
Old 07-03-2017, 07:56 AM   #17
LeCuvier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraxusIV View Post
...I'd like to assign ILS navigation mode to the middle position of the boat switch, but don't want to have to keep making the edits every time there is an update...
The .diff.lua files cannot define new command options. They only store the button (or axis) assignment of commands defined in the "default.lua" (and equivalent files for specific game controllers).
I have lots of modified "default.lua"; but I don't have to re-do the edits after updates, because I use OvGME (by sedenion) to manage the modified files.
Go to https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...52&postcount=1for sedenion's original post and download links. Lots of people use this simple tool and it's solid!
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:24 AM   #18
Topcat357

Just wondering about this Warthog profile for the FW190. Was it ever released? I think these great aircraft should come with a complete Warthog joystick profile. NoID has been creating some great profiles similar to the quality of the A10C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racoon View Post
The file is correct. The only idea I have is there can be some interference with Target software or changes in Saved games input config for Warthog. You can check it here ...\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\FW-190D9\joystick\
In case you'll find there any mention about joy_btn23 it will make sense.

Anyway we are working on a special Warthog config for FW190 now. It will be available soon.
Topcat357 is offline   Reply With Quote