DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

With all the various choices of rockets, which ones can be used for targeting purposes?

40xs8

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

40xs8

If you're in the Ka-50, perhaps.

For A10, however, try the willy-pete (white phosphorous) m156 or practice smoke m274. Not really sure of the difference between the two, however. The WP might be brighter white and last longer?

There's also the m257 parachute illuminator low-light/night. They don't last very long, however.

Tiny communication problem with tower

DCS A-10C Flight Manual says (p. 49):

Engines can remain running when aircraft is being rearmed and refueled. This leads to

faster mission turn-around.

All my radio communications with tower and ground crew work great. I land normally, taxi to parking area (as tower told me to) and rearm and refuel while engines running. I use the Intercom Control Panel so that when I talk to ground crew INT is selected with the rotary dial. After rearm and refuel I switch the Intercom Rotary Dial back to VHF in order to ask permission to taxi to runway.

However, the only option is request for start up. But seemingly because my engines are already running (they have been running all the time), tower doesn't answer. In order to communicate properly with tower, I need to turn off the engines. Thank god there is ground power. After shutting down I can request for startup and after start up the taxi clearance comes right away.

Am I missing something? Because I cannot request taxi clearance if I keep engines running all the time after landing. confused.gif

On Nevada update Wags post "3D object tree forests", but in images trees only Draw objects aka Ka-50/A-10C style. My Question has the New tree object only tree make 3D draw A-10C no collision objects or new tree true 3D collision objects?

Other question, Nevada images airbases has make wonderful taxi and pit lane / apron detailed, but on Nevada airbases can be show realistic taxi and in / out gate / park operations or Ka-50/A-10C stile Operations?

Some examples:

110518-F-GQ230-325.jpg

Nellis hosts large-scale mobility exercise

U.S. Air Force C-130 Hercules aircraft taxi at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev. after completing a Mobility Air Forces Exercise mission May 18. Approximately 40 C-17 Globemaster III and C-130 aircraft assembled in aerial formations over the Nevada Test and Training Range to conduct air and ground operations as part of the bi-annual, U.S. Air Force Weapons School training event. (U.S. Air Force Photo/Staff Sgt. Taylor

110308-F-KX404-108.JPG

NELLIS AIR FORCE BASE, Nev., -- F-16 Fighting Falcons, 20th Fighter Wing, Shaw Air Force Base, S.C., sit on the Nellis AFB flight line during Red Flag 11-3, March 8. Red Flag is a realistic combat training exercise involving the air forces of the United States and its allies. The exercise is hosted north of Las Vegas on the Nevada Test and Training Range.(U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman Brett Clashman)

Am I missing something? Because I cannot request taxi clearance if I keep engines running all the time after landing. confused.gif

At least since 1.1.0.9 I've not able able to get anything but "Startup" clearance from airfields post take off. I just either ask for that or just go while telling my wingmen what I'm doing. The worst is in MP when you have people who have no idea what "active runway" means nor do they communicate so while I'm taking off I'll have someone taxi'ing onto the runway in the middle while someone else is landing the wrong direction AND someone is taking OFF the wrong direction (true story). :pilotfly:

• ED Team
DCS A-10C Flight Manual says (p. 49):

All my radio communications with tower and ground crew work great. I land normally, taxi to parking area (as tower told me to) and rearm and refuel while engines running. I use the Intercom Control Panel so that when I talk to ground crew INT is selected with the rotary dial. After rearm and refuel I switch the Intercom Rotary Dial back to VHF in order to ask permission to taxi to runway.

However, the only option is request for start up. But seemingly because my engines are already running (they have been running all the time), tower doesn't answer. In order to communicate properly with tower, I need to turn off the engines. Thank god there is ground power. After shutting down I can request for startup and after start up the taxi clearance comes right away.

You may request start up with engines running. You don't need to shut them down. ATC will give you clearance, and after that request taxi to runway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

I'm sorry to barge in on your threade, but I'm new at this forum stuff.

I'm trying tohelp a friend of mine download and open the patches for DCS A-10 Warthog and, after waiting 20 minutes for the download to complete, it tells us that it can't open the program.

I have no idea what to do next.

Can anybody help?

I'm sorry to barge in on your threade, but I'm new at this forum stuff.

I'm trying tohelp a friend of mine download and open the patches for DCS A-10 Warthog and, after waiting 20 minutes for the download to complete, it tells us that it can't open the program.

I have no idea what to do next.

Can anybody help?

Welcome :)

Click on this link http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=8&end_pos=135&lang=en and download the 4 files. Place the 4 files in a folder on your desktop and run the .exe file.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

You may request start up with engines running. You don't need to shut them down. ATC will give you clearance, and after that request taxi to runway.

I wish it would! I have tried several times, for example with fast missions. But it won't work that way. That's why I asked in the first place.

The problem is that ATC won't answer at all, if I request start up with engines running. And I request start up when I have taxied to the parking area, where I have rearmed and refueled with no problem, while engines running. Ground crew does anything I want.

But when I'm ready to go, switch dial from INT to VHF, and contact tower, the only option is to request start up. And when I do that the tower never answers. But if I shut down the engines, after that ATC gives clearance to all my requests. First to start up. Then after start, I'm given permission to taxi. And close to the runway I get the clearance to take off.

One more thing: If I remember right, after requests with no answers and after shut down, ATC gives the clearance for start up immediately. So my original unsuccessuful request(s) for start up kinda have been "pending" all the time. ATC just waited for me to shut down?

Edited by FreeFall
addition

• ED Team
I wish it would! I have tried several times, for example with fast missions. But it won't work that way. That's why I asked in the first place.

The problem is that ATC won't answer at all, if I request start up with engines running. And I request start up when I have taxied to the parking area, where I have rearmed and refueled with no problem, while engines running. Ground crew does anything I want.

But when I'm ready to go, switch dial from INT to VHF, and contact tower, the only option is to request start up. And when I do that the tower never answers. But if I shut down the engines, after that ATC gives clearance to all my requests. First to start up. Then after start, I'm given permission to taxi. And close to the runway I get the clearance to take off.

One more thing: If I remember right, after requests with no answers and after shut down, ATC gives the clearance for start up immediately. So my original unsuccessuful request(s) for start up kinda have been "pending" all the time. ATC just waited for me to shut down?

I just have tried it, and ATC given me clearance to start up, when I requested start up with engines running.

To make it working I did the following. I placed friendly ground unit somewhere on the airbase, to make the base friendly. Then I started the mission (take off from runway, Batumi), have set VHF AM to ATC freq, took off, landed, taxied to the parking area, pressed LAlt + Num+ to call VHF AM menu, then proceeded to request start up.

What key you were using for activating radio menu? Backslash of one of Throttle mic switch keys?

Edited by Olgerd

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Here is what -1 says on Throttle MIC Switch:

1940831932_MICswitch.jpg.73e4466362cbb05ea44b19e32c09825c.jpg

Edited by Olgerd

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But when I'm ready to go, switch dial from INT to VHF, and contact tower, the only option is to request start up.

If "Easy communication" option is disable you sould use mic switch to select radio you want to transmit via. If not - you may use "\" key (and radio will be selected and tuned automatically).

And when I do that the tower never answers. But if I shut down the engines, after that ATC gives clearance to all my requests. First to start up. Then after start, I'm given permission to taxi. And close to the runway I get the clearance to take off.

It is very strange that the ATC gives permission to start-up after engines shut down. Further clearances were given automatically:

- if you have started engines with no clearance, ATC will clear you for start-up (post factum)

- if you started rolling with no clearance to taxi, ATC will clear you to taxi (post factum) if there is no risk of collision or order you to hold position otherwise

- if you are rolling on runway with no clearance to takeoff, ATC will clear you to takeoff if there are no other aircrafts those are landing or taking off and deny takeoff otherwise

Looks like all your requests haven't been received and all clearances were given automatically.

To make it working I did the following. I placed friendly ground unit somewhere on the airbase, to make the base friendly. Then I started the mission (take off from runway, Batumi), have set VHF AM to ATC freq, took off, landed, taxied to the parking area, pressed LAlt + Num+ to call VHF AM menu, then proceeded to request start up.

What key you were using for activating radio menu? Backslash of one of Throttle mic switch keys?

Did the same, only with Kobuleti (I set VHF AM to ATC frequency, which is 133.0 with Kobuleti):

I placed friendly units there. If there are no friendlies, there is no ground crew either. I know that very well. So without friendlies I wouldn't be able to rearm or refuel or anything. But I can refuel and rearm and talk to chief after landing. My only problem is that I won't get any response from tower if I keep engines running all the time after landing. If I shut down the engines for a minute, the ATC is alive and loud and clear immediately. And all communication works like a charm.

Also, if after getting no response from tower I just taxi to runway and take off, the Kobuleti ATC is immediately available as soon as my gear is off the ground and I am airborne. I can request for landing, and tower answers with happy voice.

I use TM HOTAS throttle Mic Fwd. Also tried LAlt + Num+. It opens exactly the same radio menu. I choose F5/ATC. Request. No answer.

If "Easy communication" option is disable you sould use mic switch to select radio you want to transmit via.

I tried with Radio Assists and Easy Communication on. Same result. No contact with tower.

I tried with Radio Assists and Easy Communication off. Same result. No contact with tower.

I even saved a track file. But as usual, the track replay is totally "parallel reality". Every single f***ing track that I have EVER saved are a totally different world compared with the original "live" flying. For example once I flew a 2 hour mission successfully. I saved the track. I started to watch it and in the replay track I died within first 5 minutes by SAM launch (which I originally escaped by heavy manouvering). So I think uploading my tracks is of no use?

• ED Team
Did the same, only with Kobuleti (I set VHF AM to ATC frequency, which is 133.0 with Kobuleti):

I placed friendly units there. If there are no friendlies, there is no ground crew either. I know that very well. So without friendlies I wouldn't be able to rearm or refuel or anything. But I can refuel and rearm and talk to chief after landing. My only problem is that I won't get any response from tower if I keep engines running all the time after landing. If I shut down the engines for a minute, the ATC is alive and loud and clear immediately. And all communication works like a charm.

Also, if after getting no response from tower I just taxi to runway and take off, the Kobuleti ATC is immediately available as soon as my gear is off the ground and I am airborne. I can request for landing, and tower answers with happy voice.

I use TM HOTAS throttle Mic Fwd. Also tried LAlt + Num+. It opens exactly the same radio menu. I choose F5/ATC. Request. No answer.

I tried with Radio Assists and Easy Communication on. Same result. No contact with tower.

I tried with Radio Assists and Easy Communication off. Same result. No contact with tower.

I even saved a track file. But as usual, the track replay is totally "parallel reality". Every single f***ing track that I have EVER saved are a totally different world compared with the original "live" flying. For example once I flew a 2 hour mission successfully. I saved the track. I started to watch it and in the replay track I died within first 5 minutes by SAM launch (which I originally escaped by heavy manouvering). So I think uploading my tracks is of no use?

What version you are flying? 1.1.1.0?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
1.1.1.0, yes.

I was trying it on the development build. Really don't know were there any fixes since 1.1.1.0 was out, or not. Святой would help with the issue, but he needs a track.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After the new patch I lost all in cockpit sounds of switches... I uninstalled and installed the game again without the patch, full installation, and still same problem... wtf?

What are your volume settings? I ran into this as well with BS2 and found that increasing the 'global' volume to 60% restored the cockpit sounds. Anything less than that (even 56%, which seems to be next 'notch' down) mutes them.

It might also be a combination of the different volumes. Attached is a screenshot of my audio settings for A-10C. My BS2 settings are similar but not exactly the same.

audiosettings.png.8892c13dcddab7c626612b3ccd392c05.png

That might be it. I have it down below 50 so I can hear my friends on vent while flying. Thank you sir.

I ran into a problem/bug/observation lately. As of this patch release, the game is the MOST UNSTABLE I have EVER seen. I have 6 people playign with me and one by one in various moments, everybody gets disconnected from different servers due to different reasons. Crashes and system failures, etc and so forth. Not to mention the lack of servers popping up on the server list, that I KNOW are there. For example, they show up in my HISTORY, but not in the actual master server list. Direct IP input also fails, by trying to put the IP listed on the title of the server to connect to it. Is this a known issue? I knew it was bad before this 1.1.1 release, but now it seems atrocious.

Additionally, I have found a thing that happens in the DSMS. When changing the HOF on the CBUs in the INVENTORY page, you go back to DSMS after setting the HOF up, and then you select the 4 CBUs, and go for your attack run. You will note that the CCIP/CCRP line is missing.

You actually need to go back to the DSMS, and deselect the bombs, and REselect the again. Is this just a systems thing?

Additionally, more of a question here, when in the DSMS setting up your weapons, you can only set up one set of weapons and then you have to use them before moving on to the next set of profile changes because the second you profile change, lets say, CBUs, and then go and Profile change GBUs, the CBUs reset to default settings. Is there a way to make the changes stay the way they are so you are able to set up multiple profile changes at the same time?

• ED Team
Additionally, I have found a thing that happens in the DSMS. When changing the HOF on the CBUs in the INVENTORY page, you go back to DSMS after setting the HOF up, and then you select the 4 CBUs, and go for your attack run. You will note that the CCIP/CCRP line is missing.

You actually need to go back to the DSMS, and deselect the bombs, and REselect the again. Is this just a systems thing?

Is it possible to look at a screenshot?

Additionally, more of a question here, when in the DSMS setting up your weapons, you can only set up one set of weapons and then you have to use them before moving on to the next set of profile changes because the second you profile change, lets say, CBUs, and then go and Profile change GBUs, the CBUs reset to default settings. Is there a way to make the changes stay the way they are so you are able to set up multiple profile changes at the same time?

How do you select profiles? If you press the button next to the station on the main DSMS page you actually create a new 'manual' profile. Instead of this use DMS left/right Short, or UFC SEL rocker, or press ACT PRO in the profile list. If this is not the case, please describe step by step your actions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]