DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Question about JDAM. Can the A-10C generate target data in-flight?

I assumed targeting pod should provide accurate enough data, but JDAM manual for F/A-18 says that this isn't accurate enough, and strongly discourages it's use (unless wide miss is acceptable). I know that that draft document is from 2002, and LITENING AT and SNIPER XT weren't fielded yet. Does anybody have any data if we can assign targets from TGP to JDAM during flight in DCSW?

• Like 1

All the targeting functions onboard the A-10C, other than manual delivery work on the concept of sensor point of interest.

You can set an SPI based on any one of your sensors, including the TGP, and slave any weapon to it, such as JDAMs.

Question about JDAM. Can the A-10C generate target data in-flight?

I assumed targeting pod should provide accurate enough data, but JDAM manual for F/A-18 says that this isn't accurate enough, and strongly discourages it's use (unless wide miss is acceptable). I know that that draft document is from 2002, and LITENING AT and SNIPER XT weren't fielded yet. Does anybody have any data if we can assign targets from TGP to JDAM during flight in DCSW?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Awesome screenshots, thanks Bwaze!

Edit: anyone know what that yellow and white symbol is in the second screenshot from above?

Edited by Sticky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

In what situations do you use the dual throttles, I cannot find any uses for them.

Partial or total engine failure, ITT amplifier failure (where you may have to reduce power to one of the engines to prevent damage), control surface/airframe damage where differential thrust may be required to control the aircraft to name but three.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Question for the beta testers which I probably should have asked yesterday, I just purchased a set of Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Panels on E-bay, do each of the MFD buttons on the game have a corresponding keystroke? so will it be possible to use the thrustmaster directly to manipulate the MFD buttons in game? I'm hoping I'm going to be able to use the black shark style output to a second screen to get a working MFD set up.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Wags has already said (in the simHQ interview IIRC) that the TM MFDs will be plug and play just like the HOTAS Warthog. No programming required.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Nice, I heard the bit about the TH Warthog, I didnt pick up he had mentioned the panels though. That is great news.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Partial or total engine failure, ITT amplifier failure (where you may have to reduce power to one of the engines to prevent damage), control surface/airframe damage where differential thrust may be required to control the aircraft to name but three.

It would be nice if there was a way to simulate a dual throttle form the single throttle HOTAS, something like a modifier button that allowed you to move left, right or both, i.e. CTRL axis for lft ALT axis for right. Shift Axis for both.

cw1.png

It would be nice if there was a way to simulate a dual throttle form the single throttle HOTAS, something like a modifier button that allowed you to move left, right or both, i.e. CTRL axis for lft ALT axis for right. Shift Axis for both.

Considering how extensive the control modifications are in DCS:BS, I'm sure you could do this. (Not 100%, but... yeah).

Lead Admin/Founder of Kilo-Tango Gaming Community

Nice post Bwaze, hadnt seen that either. Apparantly I have to spread around rep before giving you some more tho....

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Nope. There were only one or two twin seat A-10Bs ever made and they were never adopted by the USAF. The first time a pilot gets his hands on a real hog he's all on his own.

Spoiler

It indicates SPI location on the TAD

White - SPI

Yellow - Steerpoint

I know what the TAD is, but what is a SPI?

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

I know what the TAD is, but what is a SPI?

Sensor Point of Interest.

Spoiler

Therew is only one A-10B model listed in the serial numbers

Nope. There were only one or two twin seat A-10Bs ever made and they were never adopted by the USAF. The first time a pilot gets his hands on a real hog he's all on his own.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Therew is only one A-10B model listed in the serial numbers

There were definitely two. One crashed, the other one is on display at Edwards AFB

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

I have one picture of the A-10B in my desktop rotation, the thing just doesn't look right

cw1.png