DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

On 1/26/2022 at 10:24 PM, Yurgon said:

You didn't say which direction. 😉

Just tested it, TMS Forward Short does put the Sidewinder seeker into a conical scan pattern for me, both A-10C and A-10C II, in the current DCS 2.7.9.

Sorry TMS short forward

On 1/26/2022 at 10:36 PM, Frederf said:

TMS forward commands scan which can self-track from a scan pattern around boresight but isn't uncaged. Genuine uncage is china hat forward (short) which will self-track if it comes across a valid signature or it can wander away to the sun. Most of the time you want the scan pattern (and changing the home position of the boresight changes the circle) as true uncaged that wasn't due to threshold triggering isn't so great 99% of the time.

The manual actually says TMS forward the first time doesn't engage the scan, simply enables slewing, and the second TMS forward initiates the scan. I'm not sure if that's actually the case.

I don't think it does because I have pushed TMS forward short more than once and still nothing happens. Even in the videos Grim Reaper's he says to push TMS forward short to go into small scan where the circle goes around the  center dot and China hat forward short for a large scan, But neither one seem to work for me like they do in the video. When I push china hat short forward the circle just goes back and forth but does not lock onto anything,

On 1/27/2022 at 5:48 AM, QuiGon said:

Make sure your HUD is SOI (small * in the upper left corner of the HUD), when pressing TMS UP SHORT to uncage the Sidewinder seeker.

You know what now that I think about it I wonder if that is the problem.  I can't remember if the hud is SOI So many things to remember you miss the most obvious but next time I try it I will make sure it is SOI. Thank you for your help

Edited by Orestd
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Makes the bomb explode or deploys the high drag device if that can be considered a fuze. A detonation fuze in the tail allows other equipment to be installed in the front such as a ballistic cap, proximity detonator, laser guidance kit. A tail fuze may have less chance of failing when impacting certain surfaces. When used in combination with a nose detonation fuze a tail fuze may be set to a different configuration for flexibility in timing selection or simply to reduce the chance that both fuzes fail preventing the bomb from detonating.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

When i realise bomb in a training mode, HUD show me pages wit parameters of my shoot, 5 quickly changes pages, it's impossible to read this without PAUSE. How i can assess this informations during the flight or maybe after land.
And where i can find descriptions all parametres on this pages?

1292569529_DigitalCombatSimulatorBlackSharkScreenshot2022_11.01-15_29_28_22.png.93f20b7ca3d032c2c0c5a106782d7652.png891588429_DigitalCombatSimulatorBlackSharkScreenshot2022_11.01-15_30_03_52.png.bfa32996ef33eb2b62a374dae1dbfe98.png

I7-13700k RTX4070Ti 32GB DDR5
Logitech X-56 
Track IR 5

11 minutes ago, Wespe said:

When i realise bomb in a training mode, HUD show me pages wit parameters of my shoot, 5 quickly changes pages, it's impossible to read this without PAUSE. How i can assess this informations during the flight or maybe after land.
And where i can find descriptions all parametres on this pages?

My understanding is that it is intended to be recorded on the HUD video camera, and reviewed after the flight for debriefing on a video player you can pause and step on.

26 минут назад, jaylw314 сказал:

My understanding is that it is intended to be recorded on the HUD video camera, and reviewed after the flight for debriefing on a video player you can pause and step on.

Thank you. Too bad that it impossible to read inflight. 

Logitech X-56 
Track IR 5

3 часа назад, Yurgon сказал:

I recommend TacView; it's a brilliant tool to analyze and asses flights and check very precisely what happened when.

I know about TacView, just curious to know about training mode indications)  

Logitech X-56 
Track IR 5

10 часов назад, ASAP сказал:

When you go to that IFFCC menu doesn’t it start with “autoscroll Yes” if you use the data rocker I think you can change yes to no and then hit enter to scroll through page by page

I set "autoscrool No" but it does't help. 

Logitech X-56 
Track IR 5