DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Hey guys,

Not sure if this has been posted or not, and there's 104 pages...that's a lot to read through.

Is there a way to actually get voices on the radio? Or is it only text? I could have sworn I saw a video where all the radio was actual people talking, though it was still computer talk, it adds quite a bit to the game in my opinion and I want that! :)

Maybe I just missed it in the options somewhere? Thanks!

Hey guys,

Not sure if this has been posted or not, and there's 104 pages...that's a lot to read through.

Is there a way to actually get voices on the radio? Or is it only text? I could have sworn I saw a video where all the radio was actual people talking, though it was still computer talk, it adds quite a bit to the game in my opinion and I want that! :)

Maybe I just missed it in the options somewhere? Thanks!

No voices in the current beta. Presumably we'll have them in a future beta.

When I start a mission in the air, like the instant action missions, and even missions where I start on the ground and get the engines running (like the Shooting Gallery mission), I can't control the throttle with my joystick axis and I have to use + and - on my numpad to change the throttle, whereas if I do any training mission I can use my joystick throttle just fine. I've tried changing the .lua files that have to do with controls and everything but I can't get the throttle to work =P I've even gotten rid of the keyboard throttle controls but that doesn't work either.

Don't tell me to look at the FAQ either, since that isn't the problem I'm having.

I can't control the throttle with my joystick axis and I have to use + and - on my numpad to change the throttle, whereas if I do any training mission I can use my joystick throttle just fine

The game has two sets of controls, one for game mode and one for sim/real mode. You've probably configured the throttle in only one of those modes.

Particular missions can override the default realism settings unless you have the 'use these settings for all missions' option checked. The default settings are simplified avionics and simplified flight model.

So, just go through the options and make sure everything is set consistent with how you want to play the game.

Installation Help

If there is someone on this forum that could help I would really appreciate. I want to start playing this game but can't install it!

I downloaded the beta version of the DCS: A-10C Warthog from the server and saved the file to my hard drive. I then received an email with the Serial Number, however when I double click on the file I am unable to extract the information to install the program. (I can't get to the program to even activate the software because it won't start / install properly)

The file that I downloaded is a .bin file and I can't seem to find the right program to extract the program. Do you have any suggestions? I think this is strictly a extraction issue and I don't have the proper program. If you could send me a detailed installation procedure that would be great.

Any help you could give me to get this thing up and running would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Delta_Nerd

wow this has become realy big....here's my question:

as i use ctrl + f1 to activate the natural head movement view. i can not look around anymore. neither with my mouse nor with the numpad...any help with this one?

It sounds as though you made need to re-install the driver software that came with the hardware. That happened to me while playing Black Shark before. Let us know how it works.

It sounds as though you made need to re-install the driver software that came with the hardware. That happened to me while playing Black Shark before. Let us know how it works.

which hardware? i dont use a track-ir or something like that...:noexpression:

in standard cockpit view, you are able to use the num 4,5,6,8,2 etc. keys to look around right? so as is saw the a-10c producer notes about the start-up procedure i noticed that the pilot "looks around" a pretty different way. i remember this kind of view from dcs:bs as well. also the youtubers out there posting videos on dcs:a10 use this "technique". i though it might have something to do with the "natural head movement" thingy in the options so i gave it a try...i just cant look around anymore then. and how am i supposed to start up my a10 when i can not look at the buttons?:pilotfly:

here is what i mean

right at 0:13 he is starting to look around in the cockpit, but the pilots head seem to be moving as well. i want to use this too...but how?

That's TrackIR he's using to look around and move the head/camera.

There are a few axis controls for moving the camera left/right, forward/back and up/down however and not just the rotation views from the fixed point.

Edited by kylania

That's TrackIR he's using to look around and move the head/camera.

There are a few axis controls for moving the camera left/right, forward/back and up/down however and not just the rotation views from the fixed point.

and you don't know accidentally which i have to push? :D

If there is someone on this forum that could help I would really appreciate. I want to start playing this game but can't install it!

I downloaded the beta version of the DCS: A-10C Warthog from the server and saved the file to my hard drive. I then received an email with the Serial Number, however when I double click on the file I am unable to extract the information to install the program. (I can't get to the program to even activate the software because it won't start / install properly)

The file that I downloaded is a .bin file and I can't seem to find the right program to extract the program. Do you have any suggestions? I think this is strictly a extraction issue and I don't have the proper program. If you could send me a detailed installation procedure that would be great.

Any help you could give me to get this thing up and running would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Delta_Nerd

You should have downloaded 3 .bin files and 1 .exe file. Simply have all 4 files in the same folder and start the executable.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

The video I was thinking about was a mixture of the "Absolute Longitude Shift" axis and TrackIR. So basically you'd remap the Z axis to a rotary and be able to zoom way in without straining your neck. If you didn't have TrackIR though, then you'd have to do crazy multiple key/spinner combinations taking your hands off most of your flight controls, just to look around. Really the answer you need is "Get TrackIR".

Trying to play a flight sim without TrackIR (or some head tracking thingie) is like trying to make love with a just picture of your significant other. Sure it "works", but it's messy and not even close to as great an experience as it could be. :)

Absolutely agreement about that. FlightSims without TrackIR became an absolut nogo for me. Its expensive...ok...but it worth it, pretty much. The differenc between a fixed POV with its static angles and TrackIR is absolutely indescribable, you´ve got to see it...

BTW...Kylania dont you´ve to work actually?...Ups...what am I doing here...while on work...:D

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Agree with Mower, go for the TIR first, it's something you will never be able to fly without once you try it.

• Like 1

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Optimised DCS Warthog?

I'm enjoying the beta but on my duo-core rig and 8800GS card it's obviously a little 'raw' at the moment.

My question is that Black Shark runs beautifully on my rig, so will the optimised (release) A-10 run similarly or a little worse?

TIA :thumbup:

The A-10C probably won't be able to run the same as the Black Shark - the view distances for A-10C are oprimized to be longer, for example, as well as newer graphics, and so on and so forth.

You're basically displaying more things on HIGH in A-10C than you do on HIGH in Ka-50, which makes a huge difference for FPS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda