DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

I need a bit of help understanding fuzing.

What does Nose, Tail and Nose/Tail actually affect?

I know that I need Tail for retard bombs, and Nose to drop them slick, but what am I actually affecting, and how would I apply these settings in scenarios?

I've searched the manual but all it really seems to show me is that I can select them, but not their effects.

• Like 1

476th vFG Alumni

First of all I want to thank one and all for the help and understanding in the new A-10C. However,

I for one am having a problem with $59.99 for a single flyable aircraft simulation where as Flaming Cliffs 2 we have several. I understand that the A-10C is more complex, can do a lot more, close to the real deal with great graphics but is one air plane. Black Shark was the same way and I guess if with in my life time DSC ever releases the AH-64 it will be the same thing to. The idea of having several sims on my PC and having to switch back and forth seems awkward to me and time consuming. I’m not say I won’t buy it but not for $59.99. How long did we wait for this? I have a full plate with ArmAII/Operation Arrowhead and IL-2 not to mention Black Shark and Flaming Cliffs 2. The one where if I want to fly a A-10A and a F-15 it’s no big thing. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

First of all I want to thank one and all for the help and understanding in the new A-10C. However,

I for one am having a problem with $59.99 for a single flyable aircraft simulation where as Flaming Cliffs 2 we have several. I understand that the A-10C is more complex, can do a lot more, close to the real deal with great graphics but is one air plane. Black Shark was the same way and I guess if with in my life time DSC ever releases the AH-64 it will be the same thing to. The idea of having several sims on my PC and having to switch back and forth seems awkward to me and time consuming. I’m not say I won’t buy it but not for $59.99. How long did we wait for this? I have a full plate with ArmAII/Operation Arrowhead and IL-2 not to mention Black Shark and Flaming Cliffs 2. The one where if I want to fly a A-10A and a F-15 it’s no big thing. Just my 2 cents.

I dont understand people who come up with this argument of "We only get one aircraft for $59.99". Sure you got more planes in FC2 or IL2 but they are far far from the level of detail.

But i guess its a matter of taste. If you want low detail and many options of planes or high detail and little option in planes. But i just think the general case with low detail and many planes is its a illusion. You dont really get many planes just different skins.

Hello Friends Can anyone help me my doubt is this how I put a dot in the Editor The DCS-10C in order to rearm and refuel repair the A10 to thank those who help me

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "a dot", but in the current open beta the refuel/re-arm (and I think repair) is not yet implemented.

A-10c mission editor question

Ok, i got the beta version and let me say one thing first, Its the first simulation where it really feels like flying a jet which weights a few tons really, the flight physics/sounds and everything is so outstanding that i still can't find the right words. Also I'm very thankfull for the Light improvements at the Airfields. Still luv the Flashing Lights on the A-10c too..hehe

Ok, I totally forgot about Fc2 since i got A-10C... never thought that this would happen :cry:, means also that the whole map which I've build in a couple of weeks is no more needed, i added a lot of trees and static objects to the FC2 map..i never finished it cause it was a pain in tha ass without a SATELITTE VIEW, so my Questions is

Will the A-10 editor have a SATELITTE VIEW, which shows me the placed Static Objects?? i hope it will happen soon, so we can build deep maps easily..

Thanks again ED

If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.

$60 dollars for a "game" is high, but for a hyper sim i think that sounds good.

a little high eh? well try to play a military sim by esim for under $125.00.

with purchased upgrades.

I really think thats what ED should be doing too.

Well worth the money for the number of people that actually fly the sim.

I would pay $120 for it. :thumbup: good job ED keep it up.

Edited by Mastiff
  • Like 2

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

a little high eh? well try to play a military sim by esim for under $125.00.

with purchased upgrades.

I really think thats what ED should be doing too.

Well worth the money for then number of people that actually fly the sim.

I would pay $120 for it. :thumbup: good job ED keep it up.

I approve of this post. Rep Inbound

What kind of missions come with beta ?

Variety of SP missions/Campaigns as well as a Random Mission generator. Be advised that some are obviously still a WIP/Beta.

Is there a short startup possibility?

No. Only takes a coupla minutes to get the Engines spooled. Systems thereafter - really not that difficult :)

Can I get the manual before downloading and paying the beta somewhere?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=990699&postcount=2

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Noobie Guns Question

I followed everything that the "pdf short manual" instructs but can't get "guns" to show on DSMS page and, of course, the gun aiming reticle doesn't appear. Would someone please give me "step-by-step" instructions on setting up guns so I can see what I'm doing wrong. I'm using game mode. Thanks.

Maybe its just me, but the "Yankee base camp" mission is extremely hard. Once I travel the 15 minutes just to get there, I find it difficult to spot the enemy. By the time im able to get eyes on, im already within their range, putting me at extreme risk. To get some sort of sensor locked onto them, i have to get VERY close, and have yet to achieve this without getting shot down.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

I tried changing the SnapViewsDeault.Lua numbers as posted elsewhere and stupidly forgot to back up the original numbers!! can someone please post the original numbers for 1056 to 1062 so I can go back to default

winXP sp3 i5 3.640ghz duo core 4gig Ram Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 1 gig TIR4 Thrustmaster Cougar

I tried changing the SnapViewsDeault.Lua numbers as posted elsewhere and stupidly forgot to back up the original numbers!! can someone please post the original numbers for 1056 to 1062 so I can go back to default

Is that line number 1056 - 1062?

Snap[11][13] = {}
Snap[11][13]["y_trans"]   = -0.041336805555555564
Snap[11][13]["x_trans"]   = 0.36
Snap[11][13]["hAngle"]    = 0
Snap[11][13]["viewAngle"] = 83.0
Snap[11][13]["vAngle"]    = -23
Snap[11][13]["rollAngle"] = 0
Snap[11][13]["z_trans"]   = 

What does this mean "run in 32 bit (x86) version"?? I am running the latest downloaded beta version of DCS A-10 on a Windows 7-64 bit version now? But I have no TrackIR.

Edited by DHR