DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

sorry if this has been asked before but i can't find it anywhere...

how do you turn off the MFD in external veiw???

Select 'Simulation' mode as opposed to 'Game' mode.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Set your throttle and trim the plane. That's it. Forget the automajiggers..learn to fly.

Couple questions regarding the autopilot. My assumption with the altitude setting was that you could maneuvre the plane and it would keep your current altitude, but if I try to maneuver, I just get autopilot warning and it shuts off. So how is this different than the altitude/heading mode? With the path mode, I thought you could trim your aircraft for say a 10degree climb and it would maintain that. However, when I try that, instead of holding 10 degrees nose up, it initiates a 15+ degree nose up attitude on its own until the aircraft loses speed and stalls.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

WIP :)

Couple questions regarding the autopilot. My assumption with the altitude setting was that you could maneuvre the plane and it would keep your current altitude, but if I try to maneuver, I just get autopilot warning and it shuts off. So how is this different than the altitude/heading mode? With the path mode, I thought you could trim your aircraft for say a 10degree climb and it would maintain that. However, when I try that, instead of holding 10 degrees nose up, it initiates a 15+ degree nose up attitude on its own until the aircraft loses speed and stalls.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Separate ot all in one flight sim.

I want to apologize first of all if this question has been asked. I have Flaming Cliffs 2 now. If I buy the new A-10c will it be an add on to FC 2? Also what about Black Shark, will it be added into it as well? It would great to have an all in one flight simulation or will this be three separate flight sims? Sorry if this is a stupid question. waddy

I have Flaming Cliffs 2 now. If I buy the new A-10c will it be an add on to FC 2?

No

Also what about Black Shark, will it be added into it as well? It would great to have an all in one flight simulation or will this be three separate flight sims?

Herewith quote from FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=56699

Q: Will DCS: A-10C Warthog be online-compatible with DCS: Black Shark and Flaming Cliffs 2?

A: We hope to be able to release a compatibility patch for DCS: Black Shark after release. This would give Black Shark all the features of A-10C, except the flyable A-10C. Compatibility with FC2 is unlikely.

3 seperate SIMS with compatibility of the DCS modules only, ie BS and A10C, as stated, hopefully.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hello staff could someone help me with the editor of the A-10C is a good following to create a mission A few more friends to play with make my server as it's not there anymore aparese bowser and more on the mission I send to my friend in the house serves to create the him more when he opens his house my mission carries everything else when someone tries to enter the mission of chash and closes the DCS simulator A-10C

With pleasure, your eminence :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One last question if I may. Besides the A-10C what other flyable aircraft can we fly in this sim? In FC 2 we have the F-15 and the Russian aircraft. Will it be the same?

DCS A-10C is player-flyable A-10C only with high-fideltity simulation.

DCS Ka-50 is player-flyable Ka-50 only with high-fideltity simulation.

No other flyables in DCS series until new (unannounced) DCS module comes out (after A-10C, and A-10C is still currently in progress).

LockOn FC2 has medium-fidelity aircraft and is unlikely to be compatible with DCS once A-10C is completed.

FC2 won't be compatible with Ka-50 once the Ka-50 has been patched to be compatible with A-10C.

I say FC2 is "unlikely" to be compatibile as a patch for LockOn FC2 will not be decided until A-10C is complete, so may happen, but probably won't.

There is no need to ask again about FC2 compatibility until A-10C has been released, since no-one knows (not even ED) at this stage. Thanks.

Just a quickie.... any news on when the boxed version will be released?

I ask only as im holding off buying as i prefer something in hand (call me old fashioned) But after seeing the screenshot thread etc it is torture :cry:

Or failing that, is there anyway one can buy the download version now and pay a little extra in future and have the boxed version sent over upon release.

Thank you...

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Or failing that, is there anyway one can buy the download version now and pay a little extra in future and have the boxed version sent over upon release.

Sorry, but no can do.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Is the A-A mode of the TGP bugged? I'm doing the AA training mission, and the text mentions that using the TGP will make tracking air targets easier since it should highlight them on the HUD. However, there's no diamond that shows up on the hud to even show where the TGP is looking at like it has in A-G mode. Am I missing something?

Is the A-A mode of the TGP bugged? I'm doing the AA training mission, and the text mentions that using the TGP will make tracking air targets easier since it should highlight them on the HUD. However, there's no diamond that shows up on the hud to even show where the TGP is looking at like it has in A-G mode. Am I missing something?

Not a Bug. Manual and training mission incorrect. Function accords with real systems as it is currently modelled.

Chalk it up to a Beta-Inconvenience :)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the reply. Anything I can do to make tracking air targets with the TGP a little less painful?

Why is it painful? Lock the AC up with POINT Track and it sticks like $hite to a Blanket! Set as SPI and slave Winder to SPI and you have a neat Off-Boresight sidewinder :)

Or do you mean it's painful locking it up in the first place?

Edited by 159th_Viper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's painful locking it up in the first place :)

Herewith a wee bit of advice: By no means the only way, but works for me.

With the A10C you are always going to spot another AC visually. Ascertain the relative position of the enemy/unknown AC and toggle TGP to AA with Zoom level at about 4x - any higher and it's really twitchy. Obviously Zoom level will decrease as range decreases - 4x is good for about 10nm.

Without slewing the TGP, manoeuvre your Aircraft so that the approximate position of the other AC is at the Red Dot as per the screenshot (Quarter-centre down the HUD. TGP LOS will always be there (approximately) when AA mode is engaged so it's a good reference).

AA1.jpg

Now fly your aircraft with the 'Red Dot area' searching the sky for the aircraft and let the TGP do the rest of the work. As soon as the TGP picks up the AC, a 'detect cross' will appear over the AC. Immediately hit TMS FWD Short to initiate Point-Track when you see the detect cross and that's it locked.

Hope that helps a wee bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually, the easiest way is to boresight the gun pipper with the TGP LOS (i.e. depress the pipper so that it coincides with where the TGP diamond would appear if it were used), then align the target with the pipper and TMS FORWARD SHORT to lock - you won't even have to take your eyes off the target.

• Like 1

• ED Team
Actually, the easiest way is to boresight the gun pipper with the TGP LOS (i.e. depress the pipper so that it coincides with where the TGP diamond would appear if it were used), then align the target with the pipper and TMS FORWARD SHORT to lock - you won't even have to take your eyes off the target.

Its 'official' name is depressible pipper. TGP boresight position in A-A mode - 41 mils (3 degrees).

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

There you go mrsamurai:

You have the Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced lesson, in that order :D

Start practising :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]