DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Well, its more expensive than mine, so for all us "non-niche" FPS players, i.e. most of the public, we'd like to see a demo. To see if it can actually fly on our mid end machines. Like all the other game companies put out. I would hate to see DCS go out of business because all they can sell to are the whole 50? 60? flight sim only people in the world.

I see your using the new Starforce Online DMC, so why don't you just have it activate for, say, 10 days, so people can try it out. I think thats fair. And maybe I can get some of my FPS friends to try out something a little more complex. My dream is to get the FPS games like Crysis and Arma to merge with the best Flight Sims like DCS : X . Nothing like strafing the crap out some whiny FPS players who were stupid enough to form in a tight group. :lol:

Edited by Logan9773

No flaps

Yeah, this game is more expensive than my joystick!:joystick:

I have been meaning to ask this for a while now; What is the safest flap position for a slow strafe on a target?

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

I saw that you have to activate A-10 through the internet. Are you able to have it installed on 2 computers... IE my gaming rig downstairs and my gaming laptop that I use upstairs to keep the wife happy with together time :-) or will I have to buy 2 games?

You'll need two licences to run the sim on two computers, so yes you'll have to buy the game twice.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Actually, since it's the same activation as BS, you'll only need one copy, but you'll have to use two activations up. I run BS on three computers, and as long as you don't start up more than one it shouldn't give you trouble. If your intent is to play multiplayer on both computers at the same time, then yes, you'll need to copies purchased.

Correct me if I'm wrong ;).

Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Actually, since it's the same activation as BS, you'll only need one copy, but you'll have to use two activations up. I run BS on three computers, and as long as you don't start up more than one it shouldn't give you trouble. If your intent is to play multiplayer on both computers at the same time, then yes, you'll need to copies purchased.

The EULA only permits the software to be installed on one system at any one time, so while you might be able to activate on two systems in doing so you are violating the licence agreement.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

What Eddie said.

Read the Licence.txt document in your Doc Folder.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Fog Of War question ...

Hi everybody, two quick questions for you ...

Concerning the F10 View Options feature, we were wondering if an additional "Fog Of War" option will be implemented in the final version. I.E. will we be able to visualize, on the map, only the enemy tracks spotted by our forces instead of being forced to choose between a God's Eye point of view (show all) or no information about the enemy at all (show friendly) ?

As a quick alternative, if this feature won't be implemented, we were wondering if you could make marker symbols available in real time on the tactical map, so that a non-flying tactical coordinator could update the "tactical picture" in real time as incoming information flow from the available assets to better allow him to coordinate with his flight assets.

Last question, will we be able to perform, from the map, some sort of control over the AI flights in real time ?

I think it is up to the mission designer to hide the units or not, so it could go either way depending on how whomever made the mission decided the intel should be. One of the missions you can send in the AI flights but I've only played it once and didnt use them to see how it works...

On that thought ...multiplayer will probably become a lot more dynamic if there are human players controling ground units :) Cant' wait for final release, I'm sure the community will make some interesting missions.

Edited by Slayer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Yep, once the ME is final, I'll start building.

Not wishing to beat an old chestnut but I really wish they had implemented Satellite view for placing/orientating units. It was 'on the list' after BS, so come on ED, who lost the list?

JTACS controlled missions will be a refreshing change from pre-briefed missions. You will definately have to learn how to use the onboard a/c kit and plan in the air. Nice.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Hi people i just signed up here after reading for about 6 months.i have a question for you experts...will this game have a dynamic campaign like in falcon 4?If it does not will there be a dynamic campaign implemented at some stage?

thanks

Hi people i just signed up here after reading for about 6 months.i have a question for you experts...will this game have a dynamic campaign like in falcon 4?If it does not will there be a dynamic campaign implemented at some stage?

thanks

Welcome!

FAQ question 4 http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=56699

Sticky Threads Directory - New Members Read First!

Edited by Bucic

No, there will not be a dynamic campaign in DCS:A-10C. The development of a dynamic campaign engine is on ED's wishlist for future modules, but when -or indeed if - it might happen isn't known at this point.

Spoiler

Another quick question before I buy the sim. In the faq it states that the game uses StarForce ProActive with 8 activations and 10 deactivations. Does this include the real game and the beta or just the actual game once it's released.

Ok maybe 2 questions :-) Is there any idea when the game will show up on Steam after its release? As that will probably be my second copy. Thanks

hello staff could someone help me with the editor of the A-10C is a good following to create a mission A few more friends to play with make my server as it's not there anymore aparese bowser and more on the mission I send to my friend in the house serves to create the him more when he opens his house my mission carries everything else when someone tries to enter the mission of chash and closes the DCS simulator A-10C

Another quick question before I buy the sim. In the faq it states that the game uses StarForce ProActive with 8 activations and 10 deactivations. Does this include the real game and the beta or just the actual game once it's released.

The beta is protected by the same system used in ED's other games, and requires activation just like the released products do.

Complete n00b here to DCS Titles. I have a profile for the X52 loaded using the X52 program, but it doesn't seem to apply in game. I noticed in game there was a way to load a profile for the controls. Where would I place the profile I have in the game directory so that I can load it in the sim?

Thanks in advance.

Hi everybody, two quick questions for you ...

Concerning the F10 View Options feature, we were wondering if an additional "Fog Of War" option will be implemented in the final version. I.E. will we be able to visualize, on the map, only the enemy tracks spotted by our forces instead of being forced to choose between a God's Eye point of view (show all) or no information about the enemy at all (show friendly) ?

As a quick alternative, if this feature won't be implemented, we were wondering if you could make marker symbols available in real time on the tactical map, so that a non-flying tactical coordinator could update the "tactical picture" in real time as incoming information flow from the available assets to better allow him to coordinate with his flight assets.

Last question, will we be able to perform, from the map, some sort of control over the AI flights in real time ?

Some Ed Members can answer here?:cry::idea:

I bet this question has been asked in the past, but reading the manual some new doubts have come up again. Is it Pave penny modeled? The manual has a deep description of TILS panel and in the HUD symbology chapter a Pave penny search diamond appears (pg.352, number 11), which drives me to the possibly wrong assumption that TILS is/is going to be modeled at some point.

Regards!