DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

As much as I wish I was, I am not a real pilot. I hope to be someday if I can ever afford it. In fact other than some stick time in a few small aircraft, I havent received any formal aviation training. Most of my experience is in simulators and several instructional books.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

Hello all,

Searched for word 'key' in this thread and couldn't find what i am looking for.

Does Warthog have full key commands available for cockpit functions, to support those who make external hardware controls/switches? i.e. Gear Up and Gear Down, as opposed to a single Gear key command 'g' that Blackshark has

Would be nice to use toggle switches on panels instead of a push button. Flaming cliffs2 is better than Blackshark in this respect.

cheers

using the gear scenario, i dont want a toggle switch mapped to 'G' twice, i,e, in each direction.

on the toggle switch i want UP to be 'gear up', DOWN to be 'gear down'...as per FC2.

but the original reason for posting was, many of the weapons switches in BS and FC2 have a single key associated to them only, meaning if the switches are out of sync at the start of the mission for any reason, they will be out of sync for rest of flight.

i know that makes for lots of key combinations (of which there are already many). but they dont have to be mapped by default when the game ships...people can choose to map them if/when they need them.

Edited by braden

when are u going to release it???:helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I hope there will be switch to metric system. I am used to know how far is 10 km and how far is 50 km. :]

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I have some problems with TrackIR not detected in DCS A-10C Beta. Any chanse of creating a "Beta" problem thread?

And betther, any idea why TrackIR 5 wont work? I updated game profiles on TrackIR and DCS a_10 is in the list. I tried copying the TrackIR.lua files from blackshark but that did not help either.

(HJ)

I have some problems with TrackIR not detected in DCS A-10C Beta. Any chanse of creating a "Beta" problem thread?

And betther, any idea why TrackIR 5 wont work? I updated game profiles on TrackIR and DCS a_10 is in the list. I tried copying the TrackIR.lua files from blackshark but that did not help either.

(HJ)

Run the 32-bit (x86) version. Naturalpoint has not yet provided drivers for the 64-bit version.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Does the beta have support for Freetrack? If not, it will be hell for me. Another quickie: Are tutorial missions available for the entire aircraft in the beta?

There is no native support for Freetrack. Training missions are included, however they are still being completed.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

It will work fine in a 64bit OS, it won't however work with a 64bit game (the 64 bit version of DCS:A10C for example) as natual point are yet to produce 64 bit drivers. It'll work just fine in the 32 bit version of A-10C though so don't panic.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

It will work fine in a 64bit OS, it won't however work with a 64bit game (the 64 bit version of DCS:A10C for example) as natual point are yet to produce 64 bit drivers. It'll work just fine in the 32 bit version of A-10C though so don't panic.

alright so when i install the game i will select the 32 bit driver version of DCS A10

I am currently Running Windows 7 64bit and am looking to get Track IR i have saw in places track ir is not supported in 64bit am i screwed now or is there a work arond

No, NP is working on it, it is a main priority as of today.

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=43888#Post43888

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

when are u releasing the final game? "2010" doesnt cut it.

• Like 1

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

when are u releasing the final game? "2010" doesnt cut it.

WTF?

2010 is about as good as it gets for now. Deal with it ;)

:)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I'm unfortunately not able to pre-purchase the software just yet. Can somebody confirm the following; TACAN range is a four-digit number (fourth digit being 10th of a mile) in the sim.

From screenshots I've seen so far it appears that range is depicted as a 3 digit number which, according to the A-10A (TO1A-10A manual), is not correct. It's as if the artist has forgotten to include the 1st digit drum. The TACAN range window (in-sim) does actually allow the 1st digit to be displayed but is currently a "black hole"...

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."