DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

• ED Team
Can Radio Stations/Beacons be setup for ATIS broadcasts for various airports on assigned frequency?

No ATIS broadcasts so far.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

It sounds like the TGP is going to be modeled to relatively high degree. Does this mean that we'll have to adhere to proper laser tactics as far as attack geometry is concerned?

Attack geometry is more critical when buddy-lasing or when attacking a target illuminated by a GLTD, but you can still hose yourself when self-lasing.

By the same token, any further word on the implementation of things like GLTD's and buddy-lasing? Based on previous comments, I get the impression that the feature is on the bubble. No one's specifically said it won't be there yet...at least not that I've seen.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

By the same token, any further word on the implementation of things like GLTD's and buddy-lasing? Based on previous comments, I get the impression that the feature is on the bubble. No one's specifically said it won't be there yet...at least not that I've seen.

That would be very helpful have a wingman say that he's marking the target and you're cleared hot. Buddy lasing is real and does happen and it'd help in many situations.

So i agree with BlueRidge any word on if it'll be in game?

Two questions I have are will the wingman AI be smarter at helping out with the missions, and dodging SAMs, and not just falling prey to a SAM and leaving you to finish the mission yourself? And will electronic counter measures, such as ECM, work more effectively in DCS A-10C?

And will electronic counter measures, such as ECM, work more effectively in DCS A-10C?

I don't get this question. Where in DCS where you able to use ECM, up to now? (btw, ECM means electronic counter measures, just in case you didn't know ;))

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

DCS: Warthog is an interesting one, because there's already a Warthog in a game released by ED; even though it's a completely different game, there's bound to be a lot of comparisons made.

SIM vs ARCADE.

Honestly cannot compare the two. Granted, I am fortunate in that I have hands-on experience - you just gonna have to trust me when I say that it's attempting to compare Passion-Fruit with Brussel-Sprouts.........:pain:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

So what happened to the airbrake guage? I noticed it gone in A-10C pics but its there in the A version. How do you know what position your airbrakes are in unless your just supposed to look out the window at your wing tips?

You do just that. :) They are clearly visible.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

The only place i have ever seen the Air brake gauge is in older maintenance manuals. I think it may have been in the Aircraft at first and they just pulled it out because that is what the pilots did look out the window.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

• ED Team
... older maintenance manuals...

I am envy. :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there a list on what beta testers are allowed and not allowed to talk about regarding DCS: WH?

You ask and if we answer you'll have your answer ;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

There are no loop-holes.

In general if there are implementation specifics that have been spoken of in public, we can discuss them; if not, then no.

In other words, do not look to beta testers for new information.

Is there a list on what beta testers are allowed and not allowed to talk about regarding DCS: WH?

It's all about finding the loop-holes ;) :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The only place i have ever seen the Air brake gauge is in older maintenance manuals. I think it may have been in the Aircraft at first and they just pulled it out because that is what the pilots did look out the window.

Also, I bet (particularly in the A10) it wold be dead obvious from handling, sound, and all around feel if your air brakes are out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

perhaps but not so obvious in a sim where you can't feel your aircraft slowing down. A lot of times in the past when I played sims, especially FSX, there were many occasions when I couldnt figure out if my brakes were extended or not. I had to just watch my airspeed closely to see if I was slowing more than normal or not.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

• ED Team
perhaps but not so obvious in a sim where you can't feel your aircraft slowing down. A lot of times in the past when I played sims, especially FSX, there were many occasions when I couldnt figure out if my brakes were extended or not. I had to just watch my airspeed closely to see if I was slowing more than normal or not.

Actually you may notice the decceleration by the pilot's head slightly moving forward. The movement is pretty smal, but still noticeable.

A-10C VMU will annunciate 'Speedbrake' voice call if you will move throttle fully forward with speedbrake extended.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

About Electronic Warfare, will there be some improvements in this field? Will cluster bomb have sub-munition indivually modelled (i.e wind effect, individual damage modeling and so on) or it will be treated as a group? Will Sidewinder and Maverick have some kind of "AWFM" (Advanced Weapon Flight Model) as now rockets, cannon and, IIRC, dumb bombs have?

Too many questions, I know...

Regards!

• ED Team
About Electronic Warfare, will there be some improvements in this field? Will cluster bomb have sub-munition indivually modelled (i.e wind effect, individual damage modeling and so on) or it will be treated as a group? Will Sidewinder and Maverick have some kind of "AWFM" (Advanced Weapon Flight Model) as now rockets, cannon and, IIRC, dumb bombs have?

Too many questions, I know...

Regards!

We are constantly working on weapons improvements. Paveway II (gbu-10/-12) will get new flight model with bang-bang control type.

Other weapons are still in question.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What units are used for weight when loading the aircraft, kg or pounds?

Almost certainly going to be KG still, as in Black Shark. Although the option to use proper units of measure would be nice, don't see it happpening mind.

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Almost certainly going to be KG still, as in Black Shark. Although the option to use proper units of measure would be nice, don't see it happpening mind.

That's too bad.

No one has responded to any of my posts on the matter, but as I've said several times; In the US, neither the airplanes, the pilots, the flight planners, the mission planning software, nor any of the manuals or documentation use the metric system.

IP's, VRP's, OAP's, flight plan distances, etc., are predicated on Feet or Nautical Miles.

Aircraft Gross Weight, structural limitations, fuel loads, fuel burns, and fuel flows are predicated on Pounds and Pounds-per-Hour.

Acceleration Check Speed, Takeoff Speed, Approach Speed, and Airspeed Limitations are predicated on knots.

It will be hard to realistically plan things if users are forced to use a system of measure that is not realistic for what's being simulated.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams