DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

No. It is something ED have mentioned they ate looking at for future modules though. Here's hoping they do implement it in the not too distant future.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Here you go:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=GEN+1&version=CEV

Now seriously, this guy has some great tactics for LOMAC´s A-10. Only in my opinion, his techniques exploit the unavoidable roboticness of the AI.

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/index.html

But trial and error can be fun too... because apart from some general guidelines, it´s your ability to improvise quickly what will save you from that SAM...

Do his work on FC 2 or only FC?

No. It is something ED have mentioned they ate looking at for future modules though. Here's hoping they do implement it in the not too distant future.

Its a shame, I really hope next module will include this and what it will at least be back ported to BS and A10.

Was the delayed explosions with the GAU on vehicles "realistic"? If not, will it be in this sim? Also, how effective are the Hydras over the LAU pods?

I'm not sure what the delayed explosions is in reference to...a video somewhere? With regard to your second question, Hydras are rockets and the LAU pod is what carries the rockets, so I'm not sure what you meant to ask there.

This may have been asked. Not sure, but will A10 have ivc (in game voice comes) through through the radio?

Sorry but what is exactly IVC ? Something like TS on the plane radio ? No Google results...

THX !

My TM Warthog DIY extension tutorial

C2Duo E8600 @ 4.4Ghz. | Asus Rampage Formula X48 | MSI GTX 560Ti OC |

8Gb.Corsair DDR2 RAM @ 1103Mhz. | Crucial M4 128Gb. SSD | 850W. PSU |

HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pedals | TIR 5 | Helios | 24" Monitor/22" Touchscreen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do his work on FC 2 or only FC?

I don´t know. Like I said, I´m not a fan of the way he approaches this, but I used it once in FC to beat the first mission, and it worked like a charm.

Westinghouse W-600 refrigerator - Corona six-pack - Marlboro reds - Patience by Girlfriend

"Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." (Dr. A. R. Dykes - British Institution of Structural Engineers, 1976)

Will DCS A-10C have the ability to save in flight so you don't have to start the mission all over again?

If it's not already announced as a feature (and I haven't seen anywhere that is), then I'd say no. Although having the ability to take control of the aircraft during a replay would be essentially the same thing, and doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to do. Mind you, replays tend to be inconsistent and break between versions of the game, so ...

Having to stay alive for the mission does help with the immersion though, i.e. erring on the side of caution. I'm really in two minds about mid-flight saves. For training purposes it's easy enough to make a mission where you start in the action, so I'm not sure it's really needed.

And using the Litening II targeting pod will that make acquiring targets visually without labels on easier?
That's what it's there for! The videos I've seen of it look pretty cool and I think it'll be significantly better than the Shkval. However, I imagine you'll still need to have a pretty good idea of where to look for targets in order to have a reasonable likelihood of finding them.

That's what it's there for! The videos I've seen of it look pretty cool and I think it'll be significantly better than the Shkval. However, I imagine you'll still need to have a pretty good idea of where to look for targets in order to have a reasonable likelihood of finding them.

I'd agree on knowing the general area of where to look. But it'll be better than having to keep searching using a mavericks seeker head.

Sorry but what is exactly IVC ? Something like TS on the plane radio ? No Google results...

THX !

It's when you use the in game freqs and radios to communicate with other human players.

Ahhh, ok ! This is an important feature, is a real shame if doesn't supported...

THX Mower !

Edited by Ninefingers

My TM Warthog DIY extension tutorial

C2Duo E8600 @ 4.4Ghz. | Asus Rampage Formula X48 | MSI GTX 560Ti OC |

8Gb.Corsair DDR2 RAM @ 1103Mhz. | Crucial M4 128Gb. SSD | 850W. PSU |

HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pedals | TIR 5 | Helios | 24" Monitor/22" Touchscreen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This one will probably leave me slapping my forehead, but heregoes!

On the images Olgerd posted, showing what the buttons map to on the TM Warthog (EDIT: standard flight stick! :joystick:), when Mav is the SOI, the DMS hat is "Mav BS reticle (Mav BS only)".

What is Mav BS? The sensor is obviously on the slew hat on the throttle so I can't get my head around this one!

Also, I notice on the mic switch we have the 4 radio transmit controls; As we are unfortunately not going to see IVC, what will these actually broadcast?

Edited by Ragtop

476th vFG Alumni

• ED Team
This one will probably leave me slapping my forehead, but heregoes!

On the images Olgerd posted, showing what the buttons map to on the TM Warthog, when Mav is the SOI, the DMS hat is "Mav BS reticle (Mav BS only)".

What is Mav BS? The sensor is obviously on the slew hat on the throttle so I can't get my head around this one!

Maverick reticle boresight procedure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Thanks! From the man himself :P

Forgive my lack on knowledge on this subject, but if the Mav is slaved BS, what reticle controls would there be? I'd have assumed it was just following the gunsight or similar?

I've also edited my original post with a second Q.

476th vFG Alumni

• ED Team
Thanks! From the man himself :P

Forgive my lack on knowledge on this subject, but if the Mav is slaved BS, what reticle controls would there be? I'd have assumed it was just following the gunsight or similar?

I've also edited my original post with a second Q.

Because a particular missile may have a slightly biased boresight position, you may need to conduct the reticle boresight to get HUD reticle in correct position over the tracked target.

Edited by Olgerd

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Also, I notice on the mic switch we have the 4 radio transmit controls; As we are unfortunately not going to see IVC, what will these actually broadcast?

A-10C has 1 UHF and 2 VHF radios. So three mic positions will be used to activate a transmission over one of these radios, and the fourth position will be no function. It works in the same way IRL.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C has 1 UHF and 2 VHF radios. So three mic positions will be used to activate a transmission over one of these radios, and the fourth position will be no function. It works in the same way IRL.

I understand what they are there for, but in the sim, what will the player be able to transmit?

476th vFG Alumni

So its accounting for where the missile is mounted on the wings, to match up to BS?

I think he means that each indivudial missile is within a certain range of values around the BS due to the missiles not being perfect.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

• ED Team
So its accounting for where the missile is mounted on the wings, to match up to BS?

No, the lateral missile offset is accounted automatically in the software. Boresight procedure is to fix small mechanical misalignments.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
I think he means that each indivudial missile is within a certain range of values around the BS due to the missiles not being perfect.

Correct. :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]