DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Hello!

I`m highly curious about Targeting Pod (TGP) and fps drops, while We will use Targeting Pod and Maverick (MAV) MFCD. How many fps drops?

I hope so, that we would not have any problems, just like We had in FC2, with Shkval in Su-25T.

Maybe 64-bit version would allow to save fps drops?

Best regards for All!!!!

I think I read here somewhere one of the testers say he had about 5 fps drop, but Im not sure I remember correctly. I think he had an i7, Im not sure, the post is here somewhere.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

I know this has been asked a few times before, but I'm not really sure how to understand the answers:

Q: "Will DCS:A-10C be compatible with FC2?"

A: "Most probably not!"

Now my question is: Is it planned but not sure if it will happen or is it not planned at all?

It's important to know for us, to plan the future structures of our squadron. TY for answering this question (once again...).

Q: Will DCS: A-10C Warthog be online-compatible with DCS: Black Shark and Flaming Cliffs 2?

A: We hope to be able to release a compatibilty patch for DCS: Black Shark after release. Compatibility with FC2 is unlikely.

That is from the faq and should be clear to understand IMO.

My guess from what I have been reading here on the forum is that they have other plans after the release, like working on the next project. Which is good IMO.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

My guess from what I have been reading here on the forum is that they have other plans after the release, like working on the next project. Which is good IMO.

What he said.

I think I read here somewhere one of the testers say he had about 5 fps drop, but Im not sure I remember correctly. I think he had an i7, Im not sure, the post is here somewhere.

It would be great (only 5 fps drop). But I can`t believe about this. Maybe he had I7 Extreme 3,6 Ghz, but what about the worse processors?

Best regards.

I think I get a 3fps drop, but I'd have to retest to be certain. It varies wildly depending on the beta build. I have a Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz and an NVidia 9600M GT video card.

It`s very optimistic. How much complicated was a mission, a lot of units participated in time of Your test flight?

Thaks for reply. Best regards.

I have a question about bombs and their physic:

What for a effect does the kinetic energy have?

Is there a difference, if I drop a bomb (such as GBU-10) from 5.000ft or from 20.000 feet? If I drop the bomb from a higher altitude, the kinetic energy (to penetrate bunkers for example) must be higher, right? If this is true, will this be modelled?

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Q: Will DCS: A-10C Warthog be online-compatible with DCS: Black Shark and Flaming Cliffs 2?

A: We hope to be able to release a compatibilty patch for DCS: Black Shark after release. Compatibility with FC2 is unlikely.

And IMO "unlikely" is not what I call a clear answer. ;)

Compatibility with KA-50 is a "must have"!!! Else the whole idea of DCS beeing a series with different modules would totally fail. At least for online-squadrons...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Is there a difference, if I drop a bomb (such as GBU-10) from 5.000ft or from 20.000 feet? If I drop the bomb from a higher altitude, the kinetic energy (to penetrate bunkers for example) must be higher, right? If this is true, will this be modelled?

kind regards,

Fire

As drag limits the max. speed to a falling object, height doesn't matter once you're as high as you have to be to let the bomb reach that max. speed.

However, someone else has to answer how this is modelled when you're flying below this altitude.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It`s very optimistic. How much complicated was a mission, a lot of units participated in time of Your test flight?

Thaks for reply. Best regards.

The majority of my testing has been with very few units involved. Note also that due to my relatively low specs, I also run the game at the lower end of the graphics settings.

The majority of my testing has been with very few units involved. Note also that due to my relatively low specs, I also run the game at the lower end of the graphics settings.

Thanks for answer. It`s hard to say what would be, when the game will be released.

My silent hope is, that the engine of the game will be more optimal and efficient, than BS and FC2 (especially, that ED is preparing 64-bit version), and We could play comfortably with high details and a lot of units on the field of war.

Best regards!!!

kind regards,

Fire

In reality yes, there will be a difference if we're talking about a penetrating warhead with delayed fuze like the GBU-10 with BLU-109 warhead which uses a 60 ms delay, so with greater speed the bomb will have time to go deeper before exploding.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

And IMO "unlikely" is not what I call a clear answer. ;)

If I was you, I'd read it as "DCS: Warthog will not be compatible with FC2", and plan accordingly. ED are traditionally very tight-lipped about everything they do, so to put that in the FAQ is a very strong indication that a compatibility patch for FC2 is not on the table.

Compatibility with KA-50 is a "must have"!!! Else the whole idea of DCS being a series with different modules would totally fail.
Well, they apparently won't be compatible from release. So you'll still be able to fly Black Shark online with FC2 players, but not Warthog players. I think they fully intend to make both DCS modules compatible, but I'm guessing that might not be until a few months after Warthog's release. When that happens, I would expect you'd be able to fly online with both DCS modules, but not with FC2 pilots.

But it's important to remember the reason ED aren't giving any concrete information and are instead saying "we hope to" and "it's unlikely" is because nothing is set in stone. Presumably they have plans for what they're working on after Warthog, and at the time the FAQ was written they expected to have resources to work on updating Black Shark, but not to update FC2.

At least for online-squadrons...
...who are a pretty small part of the market. It's clear ED like and want to support multiplayer, but in recent discussions here I've definitely got the impression that it it's just not financially viable/sensible to put a lot of resources into it.

Yeah, I understand all of that. But it definetly makes a difference saying "it's planned but we don't know yet if we can make it happen" and "we don't intend to make it happen". It's only that little detail I asked about. I also think it makes more sense to concentrate on future projects than making compatibility between FC2 and the A-10. But compatibility between the DCS-modules should really be a primary target to work on. The choice of aircraft has been one of the main keys to success for LO I think and it could also be for DCS.

And about the online squadrons: They're for sure a small piece of the market, but a huge factor when we talk about the community, the hardliners, those who push things forward, those who pay money for websites, download-servers, forums, making advertisement for the product by all of this. "Falcon" would be dead since years without their great community (of squadrons).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think "it's planned but we don't know yet if we can make it happen" makes sense. Why would you plan to do something before you know whether or not it's viable to do it? I would think "compatibility with FC2 is unlikely" would mean something more along the lines of, "we don't have plans for it, but we will if we get the opportunity". i.e. they've thought about it and decided that it's probably not viable, aka, there's bigger fish to fry with a better ROI. There's always the possibility that things might change, e.g. the planned projects might go quicker than expected or fall through for one reason or another.

But I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. Like you, I'm sure ED's priority is compatibility between DCS modules, and not only are they not claiming compatibility out of the box, they're not even 'promising' that they ever will be compatible. So my guess is there's a fair bit of work involved in bringing BS up to the level of Warthog.

Oh, I don't care about FC 2... ;)

I'm totally happy as long as DCS modules keep compatible!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Will there be any SP missions besides the campaign? If so how many?

If you consider re-engineered Mission Editor, you could say...hell, yeah! :)

Besides missions that come with release, i understood that it has some sort of mission generator..

There's nothing friendly about "friendly fire"

----------------------------------------------------------------

A cigarette is a pinch of tobacco, wrapped in paper, fire at one end, fool at the other.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side,

and it holds the universe together.

After (M)onday and (T)uesday even the week says WTF !!

This may have been asked. Not sure, but will A10 have ivc (in game voice comes) through through the radio?

• Like 1
1st_CVW_EDsig.png.1f2be0eb45d45098d3777965a273c030.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR