DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

I certainly agree with you, and I and others have wished for the same. Unfortunately the problem is technical :)

One for the wishlist, then.

Tracks are nice, but lengthy and cumbersome. A simulated VTR tape would be much shorter and to-the-point.

But I understand the resource implications could be prohibitive. Maybe in the future...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Will the operation of the A-10C MFD’s be same as for F-16? I think of menus and placement of choices. If not; is there available a document explaining the operation for A-10C? I looked through the already supplied .PDF files in another thread; nothing there as far as I could see.

(HJ)

Will the operation of the A-10C MFD’s be same as for F-16? I think of menus and placement of choices. If not; is there available a document explaining the operation for A-10C?

Operation - sort of. Menus AFAIK the (real) F-16 MFDs (which is not good), no. There are some very similar items, however most of the pages are different.

Available document - not yet (that i know of). You will have to wait for the release of the flight manual or a video lesson documenting the MFCD functions.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I certainly agree with you, and I and others have wished for the same. Unfortunately the problem is technical :)

A robust (my favorite word) solution:

Fact: Currently tracks can be played fast forward using time compression without problems.

The simplest solution: Enable FFWD to a certain time (manual input)

Expected behavior: Track is being 'played' in maximum safe time acceleration with rendering disabled (blank screen or rough ETA value). At reaching the desired time rendering (display) is re-enabled.

Second solution: FFWD and RWD (<< and >>)

Expected behavior: Same as above but for RWD - track playback is being re-started and FWD-ed to the desired time. Display re-enabled same as in previous case.

This seems so robust to me that I could bet it can be done with scripting only (no code modifications).

• Like 1

If this hasn't been suggested yet, i would like the editor to have these new features:

- Third coalition (so we can have units be ennemi from the two others, and/or units friendly to all)

- Duplicate flight plans : this already exists in a mod (can't remember where I found this in the forum) at the moment it simply consist of editing some LUA scripts, why did the devs never thought about it...?

- Possibility to have a "sattelite" view in the editor, like a Jpg picture of the game where we can place units on.

- Possibilty to save all the settings of the MFDs (or Abris and PVI800) in a windows notepad file so we can load/save the settings, flight plan ect.

I always though in BS I could make my flight plan directly from the cockpit at the beginning of the mission, and reload this flight plan if sometimes later I replay the mission. A library of all my flight plans would be saved on my harddrive with all my cockpit settings for instruments. I think in F-16 it's called "data cartridge". This would make also possible to prepare my own flight plan outside of the game and then jump in the cockpit and load the file. So each player chooses his path to target.

- Debriefing with statistics of the mission when we leave the multiplayer room or when the mission ends.

I hope all of this is understandable...

And all these features also for DCS: Blackshark !

Edited by Xjikz

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

Questions on DCS A-10C

I'm just wondering will the training be much much harder than lomac fc 2 or equal to? ANd if it is more challenging can you catch on quickly or will it take months of training just to get to mission 1?

And how many single missions are there if any, and why 2 campaigns can you participate in Red Flag exercises or what? What is the 2nd campaign besides the black sea one?

Edited by shackman

yes, the DCS A10C will be much more complicated than FC2. Therefore, it will take longer to learn it. Not quite months for the first mission, maybe like a few days.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

Will we be able to change a button fucntion automatically when we change the sensor of interest? Here is what I mean, I have a SOI selected and a button on my stick does one thing, but when I change SOI the same button automatically does something else. Is this possible?

I know already it will be possible with the TM:WH but I and many others wont be having the TM:WH on release and it would be great if we could have this functionality with other sticks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Will we be able to change a button fucntion automatically when we change the sensor of interest? Here is what I mean, I have a SOI selected and a button on my stick does one thing, but when I change SOI the same button automatically does something else. Is this possible?

Some of this is already built-in to the game. For example, there is not a specific keypress that is set to increase the zoom level of the TGP or switch to the next steerpoint. Instead, the keypress is for the Data Management Switch itself. If the TGP is the SOI, then the keypress that corresponds to DMS Forward will make the TGP zoom in. However, if the HUD is the SOI, then that same keypress increments the steerpoint.

• Like 1

Some of this is already built-in to the game. For example, there is not a specific keypress that is set to increase the zoom level of the TGP or switch to the next steerpoint. Instead, the keypress is for the Data Management Switch itself. If the TGP is the SOI, then the keypress that corresponds to DMS Forward will make the TGP zoom in. However, if the HUD is the SOI, then that same keypress increments the steerpoint.

Excellent, this is exactly what I wanted and it sounds like a god way to solve it. Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Good to hear!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

You will become very familiar with these terms, believe me.

Sweet; BRING IT ON!

Good SOI read from one of the Masters...

http://web.archive.org/web/20000229101719/www.falcon4.com/3000zine/3001zine5.html

Edited by Mower

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.