DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Couldnt find this after a search, but would have guess this may have been asked already... but...

"Is it possible to buddy lase in DCS:Warthog. Also does it simulated coded lasers for deconfliction/buddy lasing."

Cheers

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Couldnt find this after a search, but would have guess this may have been asked already... but...

"Is it possible to buddy lase in DCS:Warthog. Also does it simulated coded lasers for deconfliction/buddy lasing."

Cheers

I don't think so. I thought I remember that question being asked.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Cheers

Asked earlier in this thread but not answered difinitively by anyone from ED. THis is mentioned on their website.

Depending on the JTAC location to enemy forces and the time of day, JTAC target designation can be by sending UTM coordinates, laser designation, mortar smoke marker, or IR pointer.

Unfortunately its not specific enough regarding who's doing the laser desig. I would imagine asking an AI wingman to attack my target will work as for a client MP wingman using laser coding ... no idea. Anyone of you ED testers know?

• Like 1

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

still no buddy lasing?

I was looking forward to this in Black Shark, it did not happen. :(

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

still no buddy lasing?

I was looking forward to this in Black Shark, it did not happen. :(

No answer is not a no, it simply is not an answer :)

Plz understand that testers, which is the majority of insiders in this thread, are not free to talk about unanounced features, so basically all they can do is beat a dead horse. You have to wait for someone higher up to have the time and answer these questions.

btw. here you can see that LSS and LST are implemented. Now i wonder what these are good for ;)[/url]

• Like 2

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

as that would be player side, I wonder if it will work in MP as Black Shark and FC2 you can not do this.

Plz understand that testers, which is the majority of insiders in this thread, are not free to talk about unanounced features, so basically all they can do is beat a dead horse. You have to wait for someone higher up to have the time and answer these questions.

btw. here you can see that LSS and LST are implemented. Now i wonder what these are good for ;)[/url]

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

as that would be player side, I wonder if it will work in MP as Black Shark and FC2 you can not do this.

"TGP can also laser designate and detect and track a laser designation in Laser Spot Search (LSS) and Laser Spot Track (LST) modes"

No distinction made between SP/MP ;)

It's a specific feature of the Litening Pod. Accordingly would not make much difference who is in control, ie Quasimodo M.P. Quaker or Alberto A.I. Bot....the facility is catered for.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

btw. here you can see that LSS and LST are implemented. Now i wonder what these are good for ;)

Sure, saw those. But could just be for the JTAC element as mentioned in the same DCS a10c features list, and not necessarily for buddy coded lasing.

Like you say, we'll just have to wait, patience is a virtue after all. However, it must be worth saying that given all of the recent 'candy' thats been dished out by those at ED who could reply, it appears that due to deadline/work commitments they've had to close the store. Understandable of course but nevertheless the sim community can't just stop having sweet teeth as a result.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Like you say, we'll just have to wait, patience is a virtue after all. However, it must be worth saying that given all of the recent 'candy' thats been dished out by those at ED who could reply, it appears that due to deadline/work commitments they've had to close the store. Understandable of course but nevertheless the sim community can't just stop having sweet teeth as a result.

The store is far from closed, but in between other things, they just can't do free giveaways every day. :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Wasn't really sure if this should go here or in the Wishlist thread, but here goes anyway:

It would be really nice if proper use of the VTR would result in the automatic creation of an .avi that covers only the relevant time period (initial titling, and FENCE in to FENCE out) and cockpit displays (HUD, MAV/TGP/SOI).

Just like in the real world, the result would be a condensed video useful for debrief, BDA, and also a nice way to share tutorials and highlight/blooper reels.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

^^^^

This is what tracks are for.

Right now, at least AFAIK, anything else is simply too resource intensive.

One for the wishlist, then.

Tracks are nice, but lengthy and cumbersome. A simulated VTR tape would be much shorter and to-the-point.

But I understand the resource implications could be prohibitive. Maybe in the future...

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams