DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Vsync and forcing tripple buffering

will a10c support vsync with a 5870 and win 7? dcs black shark does not.

The conclusions are:

1. The D3Doverrider did diddle squat for Nate :D

2. DCS appears to have some mysterious solution for Vsync limitations.

I can say with 90% probability that DCS Black Shark uses special Vsync implementation (wait for Vsync ?) that allowes to bypass Vsync limitation re FPS being integer fractions of monitor refresh rate so you don't need any tools for forcing tripple buffering (like D3DOverrider).

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/Bucic/DCSforum/Vsynch_weird_liketripplebuff-1.png

Just enjoy it people! Other simmers are not that lucky! :thumbup:

So stay away from "tripple buffering enforcers". Your only concern is enebling Vsync which is your basic 3D driver damn responsibility and it should do it without a single squeek, If your drivers can't enable Vsync it is only the graphics manufacturer's fault. Go to his forums and start the rants. I'm serious.

EDIT:

(...) I only inform about "triple buffering enforcers" but seeking a tool that will force Vsync - feel free to do so if your drivers fail at this.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=49448&page=2&highlight=vsync+integer

and finally

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=884750&postcount=47

Just two small questions.

-Is the wingman AI improved? I mean, like knowing how to properly use the maverick, and not flying over the enemy after making an attack run and such woudld be great.

-A graphics question. When it's raining, do surfaces (ground, runway, planes maybe) get wet? With reflections and all. I mean, does a rainy night at the runway look like this?

How's the ATC communication in the game guys? Will we have to ask for clearance to take off / land etc? Will we have to tune into the tower frequency, approach / departure, ground control etc for other clearances and whatnot?

(Pulling from my civi flying experience, so not sure if mil uses departure / approach frequency at airbase... I know my local air force base did when I practiced some Precision Approach Radar landings but then again I was in a Cessna 152 lol)

How's the ATC communication in the game guys?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=976941#post976941

I would guess at most, each airport will have a frequency you need to be tuned to in order to communicate with it, using the currently available options for startup/taxi/takeoff/landing. But I wouldn't expect any kind of 'enforcement' or reward for following procedure.

How's the ATC communication in the game guys? Will we have to ask for clearance to take off / land etc? Will we have to tune into the tower frequency, approach / departure, ground control etc for other clearances and whatnot?

(Pulling from my civi flying experience, so not sure if mil uses departure / approach frequency at airbase... I know my local air force base did when I practiced some Precision Approach Radar landings but then again I was in a Cessna 152 lol)

Mil normally use UHF and usually Base ATC is prestudded (i.e. 1 to approx 9 presets on rotary selector on UHF radio), ground, tower, radar, approach along with other commonly used freqs such as air to air and air to ground freqs.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

I jusr saw somewhere that the new release target is Jan 2011...

That's vintage Mower: Getting up this morning with an evil glint in his eye, throwing a comment like that into the mix and sitting back to watch the masses squirm.......it's working! :megalol:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

That's vintage Mower: Getting up this morning with an evil glint in his eye, throwing a comment like that into the mix and sitting back to watch the masses squirm.......it's working! :megalol:

Indeed. You can always rely on Mower to post something to make you grin as others flap/panic/squirm and spend hours or even days debating said post.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Actually it was my last post of the day and I went lights out.

Someone I know posted that so I asked him the same thing you're asking me. Turns out he was relying on the FAQ.

...at least that's gonna be my story.

Edited by Mower

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

LOL. Is it April 1st where you live? Besides its gonna be at least Feb (jk no comments pleeeeaase).

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Always the pessimist, eh? :)

I'm 44 years old. My experience in life is to low ball things and be pleasantly surprised when my pessimistic expectations are exceeded. Less disppointment.

I hope DCS surprises me. :smilewink:

(I'm looking for a new hardcore mount to replace Falcon. DCS A10C is it.)

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I'm 44 years old. My experience in life is to low ball things and be pleasantly surprised when my pessimistic expectations are exceeded. Less disappointment.)

Well, this 19 year old likes the way you think.:thumbup:

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Will you all stop saying Jan-Feb 2011 :cry:

Ok March 2011 then ...

I'm 44 years old. My experience in life is to low ball things and be pleasantly surprised when my pessimistic expectations are exceeded. Less disppointment.

Lol. You must have had a career in aviation! It turns you into a pessimist.

Hpoe this hasn't been asked before I don't think it has but this is a very long thread. I have a question about how the controls work in the sim, in the control sheet that was made available, when TGP is the selected sensor of interest a short right press of DMS is Laser/IR Pointer toggle and a long press is LSS Toggle.

My question is, can I bind the keystroke SHIFT_W to be right press DMS and will SHIFT_W have long/short press and contextual functionality? Basically is the long/short press and contextual functionality of the flight controls built into the sim? I hope it is because it will make mapping the controls so much easier :joystick:

well the way thing have been going with all the bad luck and delays, I wouldn't expect it until December.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Hpoe this hasn't been asked before I don't think it has but this is a very long thread. I have a question about how the controls work in the sim, in the control sheet that was made available, when TGP is the selected sensor of interest a short right press of DMS is Laser/IR Pointer toggle and a long press is LSS Toggle.

My question is, can I bind the keystroke SHIFT_W to be right press DMS and will SHIFT_W have long/short press and contextual functionality? Basically is the long/short press and contextual functionality of the flight controls built into the sim? I hope it is because it will make mapping the controls so much easier :joystick:

Yes, it's built into the sim. Short and long presses are exactly that, they are not separate key bindings.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL